Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mega Addons with Amazing Performance in 4K - Part 2

Hi guys,

Looks like I have finally achieved on what I have been wanting to do for a while with my hardware.  I figured out the trick for people with 8GB video cards and having at minimum 30fps with the following addons installed - including one of the most fps hit area that has plagued almost all of us for ages.

Finally pulled off Slick FPS at 30fps with 30hz 4K monitor (TL/DR - see also pics) - My VRAM stayed around 5.2GB in SoCaL area with all that autogen and flying.  AT KORD area it jumped to 6gb but still tons left.

with 

Set the following in P3Dv5 and CPU - My tweaks are even less in the second round but the addons complexity increased insanely.

1) Disable HT and No Affinity Mask - I tried them all.  Let P3Dv5 do its thing.

2) MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=300000 (Default is 1000)

3) Enable HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1 in Settings

3) TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10  - this goes in [TERRAIN]

4) LOD_RADIUS=3.500000   

(Yes, put LOD to 3.5 with Texture Size ExP to 10, and hi res textures - all 3 go hand in hand) - If these are not like this - 8GB Video Card will get vrOOM!!! 4.5 LOD will straight up OOM with that high texture exp)

These settings Do the Magic with High Resolution Terrain enabled for 8GB Video Cards.  I am on Windows 2004 Final Build for May 20H1 (19041.208) - this mandatory for VRAM management - See my other thread

Enter The Addons

1) Orbx Socal (yes LA area)

2) FSDT KLAX

3) AIG planes

4) PMDG 747

5) FS Pilots 2020 NG Mesh

6) Chaseplane

7) AS P3D and TrueSky Enabled in P3Dv5

My hardware CPU is slightly older i7-5820K, 16GB DDR Quad Channel 2400, SSDs, Nvidia 2070 Super RTX, 3- 4k Monitors, Rift S

I am flying at 2500 FT at 355 Knots (yes, b/c I can)  with the PMDG 747 over Orbx SoCal and taking off from FSDT KLAX with few AIG birds.  All shots are in 4K monitor with AS P3D Hotfix 2 Beta and TrueSky enabled.

For some LA shots - Screen shots were taken in Time Preview Mode for dusk/dawn shots.  Main flight is at late evening.  This is way you all will see the graphics are super sharp - 30 fps outside and inside was ranging from 26-30fps at sometimes even more - though monitor is at 30hz 4K.

JNieoFF.jpg

UbsLlp5.jpg

ZNr0Kks.jpg

AblMf0L.jpg

NCyQ93T.jpg

I09qJpm.jpg

E6sje3r.jpg

HvRAlMc.jpg

DolUaYw.jpg

SIJdXUq.jpg

Mission Accomplished - Kick A ** Graphics Finally - So slick, So smooth with Orbx Regions and PMDG

CysnFXC.jpg

ATWCMkR.jpg

Extra - Same Settings - 

Global+OpenLC NA+FSDT KORD+AIG+FS2020 NG Mesh

5tENpgw.jpg

bJkNtUl.jpg

Who Says the Sun doesn't move - It moves when I play in Time Preview mode

v0TNziM.jpg

eRgMp42.jpg

lzEurIh.jpg

Quick Recap of Settings

tw1ClYD.png

L5OgMG8.png

5xorQwA.png

Enjoy and be safe everyone.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 8

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Thanks for this. i will try this and see what kind of results I get. Could you also share your Traffic Settings?

Do you also use Global Ship Traffic v2, GSX, Orbx Global, Trees HD, Building HD, TerraFlora v2?

I'm also running on an old system i7-3770K OC to 4.5GHz, 32GB Ram with GTX 1080 8GB at 4K resolution.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Thanks for this. i will try this and see what kind of results I get. Could you also share your Traffic Settings?

Do you also use Global Ship Traffic v2, GSX, Orbx Global, Trees HD, Building HD, TerraFlora v2?

I'm also running on an old system i7-3770K OC to 4.5GHz, 32GB Ram with GTX 1080 8GB at 4K resolution.

AIG is to 1 - that gets all the birds but I am restricting them via FSUIPC

Yes, I have GSX 1 & 2 installed, Orbx Trees HD, Orbx Buildings HD, and for AI - only AIG.  

9s0EUsy.png

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

great 

Had me think of this one back in the days

Michael Moe

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

Question, why would Hyperthreading off in the BIOS make a difference? If i turn this off, would it slow down other games? Because I don't use my computer solely for P3D only. I play other games as well. But if turning off HT will result in a big performance gain in P3D, then I might as well do it.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

7 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Question, why would Hyperthreading off in the BIOS make a difference? If i turn this off, would it slow down other games? Because I don't use my computer solely for P3D only. I play other games as well. But if turning off HT will result in a big performance gain in P3D, then I might as well do it.

HT is system dependent.  I may turn it back on.  See what works for you.

For test it very simple - keep your HT on,

Change MAX_TEXTURE_REQUEST_DISTANCE=300000 (Default is 1000)  - you can even try it at default values.  10000 worked for me too. (try what works, if can't tell the different keep default, I guess)

Req Enable HIGH_RESOLUTION_TERRAIN_TEXTURES=1 in Settings (make sure to click it and thats it)

Req TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=10  - this goes in [TERRAIN] (only manual add)

Req LOD_RADIUS=3.500000 (Medium LOD)

PS - I just conquered Orbx PNW KSEA area with PMDG

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Conquered - Mic Drop

p7slsYb.jpg

IwgD6X9.jpg

aq2FUK6.jpg

2NUtmzB.jpg

For now my tweaking chapter winds down - I am finally in all 4K glory learn the PMDG birds in full.

Till the next tweaking comes with VR (sim tweaking - glutton for punishment hahaha).  Seriously what a sim finally!!! Took LM to get this performance finally.

Thank You

• Like 2

I'm amazed by how far the autogen and scenery draws out into the distance with a LOD setting of only 3.5!

2 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm amazed by how far the autogen and scenery draws out into the distance with a LOD setting of only 3.5!

Without Texture EP it will be small.

Texture EP stretches it and you can do small LOD and viola magic.

I am sure the results are decent with lod of 2.5 - This will help users with 6gb

6GB Video Card USERS - Can You try this (Windows 2004 build will be great but try it with what you have first)

LOD 2.5 and Hi Res Textures =1 and Try Texture Exp 9 or 10.

BTW are you using OrbX Pacific NW Scenery? What KSEA airport add-on are you using? Any DD Seattle City X or Airports as well?

Edited by captain420

That's the default KSEA then?

1 hour ago, Skywolf said:

bJkNtUl.jpg

Here's the same shot from another angle:

UqB5mn8.png

• Like 7

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

These simple tweaks is gonna make my VR awesome - especially with A2A planes.  One setting to rule them all lol (for now).

Textures is so sharp in 4K - I am like - omg with lots of fun adjectives (would get me banned here).  Finally I get to enjoy the sceneries that I have.  Finally!!!!

Edited by Skywolf