Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mega Addons with Amazing Performance in 4K - Part 2

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

Question, why would Hyperthreading off in the BIOS make a difference? If i turn this off, would it slow down other games? Because I don't use my computer solely for P3D only. I play other games as well. But if turning off HT will result in a big performance gain in P3D, then I might as well do it.

It will slow other games, that is why you can mimick HT off using the corresponding Affinity Mask. I do that since FSX days and alwas had good results.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

1 hour ago, AnkH said:

It will slow other games, that is why you can mimick HT off using the corresponding Affinity Mask. I do that since FSX days and alwas had good results.

Do you know the setting on how I can mimick HT off on i7-3770K? Its a 4 core / 8 thread CPU. This is what my CPU looks like with P3D running.

image.png

Edited by captain420

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

4 minutes ago, captain420 said:

Do you know the setting on how I can mimick HT off on i7-3770K? Its a 4 core / 8 thread CPU.

Try AM=85 (off and works not so great with 3770k/4770k (4 cores cpu´s)

I do use ProcessLasso for this with great succes. 

Also useful for other addons . Set and forget solution

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe
  • Upvote 1

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

6 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

Try AM=85 (off and works not so great with 3770k/4770k (4 cores cpu´s)

HT on or off for this AM setting? I'm confused, does this work good or not with 3770K?

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

I had a 3770K for years and always used this, HT on in the BIOS and AM=85. However, there is an amount of individualism in this setting, might be that 84 works better, or something else. You need to test it.

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Hi all and thanks for the settings tips from everyone.

From the performance, stability and how the sim looks on my side everything is fine. My big problem is that around every 30 seconds i receive a microstutter. How is it looking at yours sim? Is it running fluid or does anyone has also that problem? My specs:

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

HT on or off for this AM setting? I'm confused, does this work good or not with 3770K?

AM=85 is used to simulate HT off (when you still have it enabled in bios) but i found it to be bad with P3dv5 (opposite to 4.5) (better not to use a AM)

Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

3 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Without Texture EP it will be small.

Texture EP stretches it and you can do small LOD and viola magic.

I am sure the results are decent with lod of 2.5 - This will help users with 6gb

6GB Video Card USERS - Can You try this (Windows 2004 build will be great but try it with what you have first)

LOD 2.5 and Hi Res Textures =1 and Try Texture Exp 9 or 10.

Texture EP = ?

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I'm currently using AM=84 and it seems to have improved my fps. Will test further.

3 minutes ago, Michael Moe said:

AM=85 is used to simulate HT off (when you still have it enabled in bios) but i found it to be bad with P3dv5 (opposite to 4.5) (better not to use a AM)

Michael Moe

What i ment was HT on seems to be better with P3dv5 on most 4 cores CPU´s

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Do not understand mimic HT OFF, and your PC on boot will not, it`s a BIOS setting and I don't think you will get the same results as turning off HT in the BIOS. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

I can get at least 40 fps with that settings, so you should be able to do the same i have a gtx 1080TI.

I'm currently using AM=84 and it seems to have improved my fps. Will test further.

Try this

[JOBSCHEDULER]
AffinityMask=85

That is with all 4 cores

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

If you guys get more fps that is great.  I am tying my fps to match my monitor at 30fps / 30 hz.  It is a 60 hz monitor but I can change it to 30mhz via Nvidia Control Panel.

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)