Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mega Addons with Amazing Performance in 4K - Part 2

5 minutes ago, julian2 said:

Does really no one has any micro stutters? I tried now several settings described here and elswhere. Tried 30hz, locked FPS, etc. P3D v4 runs smooth with no stutters. P3D v5 also runs complete smooth but every 30 seconds or so the sim stops for around a second. I am clueless so far...

shader cash cleared? Always a good idea if graphic related settings have changed

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

3 minutes ago, BerndB said:

ooops….! That´s embarrassing😏 Sorry @Skywolf, but it´s showing at least where i got it wrong...🤪

It is all good.  Please let me know the results if you try the tweaks.  On my end, my jaws are dropping on the floor.  I have never never seen this good graphics in my sim.  Smooth as silk and ultra sharp.  The autogen ...it is everywhere - pretty lights!!!!

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

2 minutes ago, BerndB said:

shader cash cleared? Always a good idea if graphic related settings have changed

100% Lol I forgot to mention that at start of the thread.  That is mandatory.  I figured every one kinda knows from FSX days.  Change some settings - Always clear shader cache.

Edited by Skywolf

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

You have AA set at 2,,,,really don't need any AA at super high resolutions. 

Paul Grubich 2017 - Professional texture artist painting virtual aircraft I love.
Be sure to check out my aged cockpits for the A2A B-377, B-17 and Connie at Flightsim.com and Avsim library

i-5vbvgq6-S.png

21 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

100% Lol I forgot to mention that at start of the thread.  That is mandatory.  I figured every kinda knows from FSX days.  Change some settings - Always clear shader cache.

yeah, but it´s an interesting point from julien, because i had a similar issue. I was driving my V5 with exact the same settings i´ve used in 4.5. After the HF1 installed and the Beta#2 from AS everything seemed smooth (the FPS where nailed to 30) but there where something like a hickup every 3 or 4 seconds precisely like a clockwork. It was mainly noticeable on airport vehicles driving by my frontview. Then, just for fun, i´ve changed my setting to unlimited framerate with VSnyc On and voila, magic no hickup anymore and everything smooth, even the vehicles driving by. I started a testflight to EDDF  from EDDH and everything from pushback to gate arrival, absolutly no stutters and the FPS where nailed to 30 (because of my monitor) never droped just a single frame. This was never the case in 4.5 and just surprised me positive.

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

9 minutes ago, warbirds said:

Not at 4K - everything is crisp and clear.  I can't even tell the different after 2AA 

25 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I'm not skywolf. He's the one that got the amazing performance, not me.

Time to upgrade your cpu bud 

thats  your bottleneck 

12 minutes ago, warbirds said:

I thought the same, but it's not true. I can definitelly see jaggies even with 2xSSAA. The absolute minimum for me is 4xSSAA.

• Like 2

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 minute ago, mikeymike said:

Time to upgrade your cpu bud 

thats  your bottleneck 

Yup, I'm building a new PC soon. Slowly ordering all my parts.

• Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

@captain420 can you try with LOD of 2.5 and rest the same as mentioned in the thread.  See if you can copy the exact settings from my screenshots or reduce mesh settings by one notch and put autogen to normal and go from there.  Remember to clear shader cache

Try with no affinity mask and see what happens.  If that isn't smooth try with affinity mask.

Also - right click on prepar3d icon - make sure it is set to run on admin mode and disable full screen optimizations (it is right next to it)

Edited by Skywolf

27 minutes ago, BerndB said:

yeah, but it´s an interesting point from julien, because i had a similar issue. I was driving my V5 with exact the same settings i´ve used in 4.5. After the HF1 installed and the Beta#2 from AS everything seemed smooth (the FPS where nailed to 30) but there where something like a hickup every 3 or 4 seconds precisely like a clockwork. It was mainly noticeable on airport vehicles driving by my frontview. Then, just for fun, i´ve changed my setting to unlimited framerate with VSnyc On and voila, magic no hickup anymore and everything smooth, even the vehicles driving by. I started a testflight to EDDF  from EDDH and everything from pushback to gate arrival, absolutly no stutters and the FPS where nailed to 30 (because of my monitor) never droped just a single frame. This was never the case in 4.5 and just surprised me positive.

Shader Caches deleted countless times. 😉 I suspected an old nvdia inspector installation on my system what I then found somwhere and delted it and restored everything.  I also deleted the prepar3d.cfg, made a clean driver installation. Nothing. The sim is superb. Rockstable. Super FPS. Good looking. But the one second pause every 30 seconds is driving me nuts... 😉

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

i get a micro stutter, very fine when clicking from one monitor to my main p3dv5 monitor, but this sim is rock solid, like you say

@julian2 and @kurtb what Nvidia drivers do you have - you need latest and I am running Windows  2004 Release Preview Build.

I am having zero stutters - my HT is off though and no affninity mask - I have 6core

I am doing a flight now with addons which vexed me and windows just freed up so much vram - I even browsers opened etc - 

Edited by Skywolf

1 minute ago, Skywolf said:

@julian2 and @kurtb what Nvidia drivers do you have - you need latest and I am running Windows  2004 Release Preview Build.

I am having zero stutters - my HT is off though and no affninity mask - I have 6core

Hi Skywolf. Latest driver and also 2004 release preview. HT also turned off in bios and no affinity mask. 4 cores. 

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update