Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mega Addons with Amazing Performance in 4K - Part 2

12 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Maybe P3Dv5 wants more cores.  Can you try with LoD 2.5 as you have 4 Core - see what happens.  Do the stutters go away? 

P3Dv5 is 

Hitting these cores fully

Core 0

Core 1

Core 2 (Not full)

Core  3 

Core 4 (Not full)

Core 5 

3 Cores full and 2 cores way less 

What you are seeing with Core2 and Core4 seems to be normal for P3Dv5.  Those seem to be overflow cores or mirror cores of Core0. 

Since v5's behavior isn't fully understood, I would be cautious about using any AffinityMask right now.

• Like 1

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Unfortunately your settings didn't hold up for me. My machine keeps BSOD after awhile. I've ran a memory test and it's not my ram. It's probably my overclock, but it has been stable up until now. Seems like Prepar3D is a good stress test for your CPU.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

5 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Is your video card running at Maximum power and is your pc set to Maximum power profile?

For video card it is the Nvidia Control Panel - and pc is well your windows power setting.

Your cpu is newer than mine, and you have more system ram.  You should get good improvements

Also - Did you exclude your sim directory in your Antivirus?

All my addons are inside one directory including Prepar3d v5.  So I have entire folder excluded along with Chase plane (it even comes with instructions during install automatically).  Followed by Prepar3d Addons directories 

So I finally found out what is causing the stutters. It seems it is the Antimalware Service Executable. CPU Usage goes up to around 10% every 30 seconds at the Antimalware Service Executable. I turned off Real-Time Protection at the Virus & Threat Protection Windows Menu and stutters are gone. 

I have P3D installed on a separate SSD and made an exclusion for the whole drive but the Real-Time Protection seems to affect P3D anyways.

So I will test a bit further but it looks like this is causing the problems.

• Like 1

Intel i7-6700K @ 4.00GHz, 32GB RAM, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080, Windows 10 Home 64bit with 2004 Update

@Skywolf so i have put these settings in my config and my SIM still runs absolutely smooth on stable 30 FPS (because of the VSync). I´ve made a testflight from EDDH to EDDF (Aerosoft) and from LOWG to EDDH. Always with TS aktive and AS plus PFE, MCE, etc. I´ve had a very very beautiful and realistic sunset departure out of EDDH with real live weather, wich was actually very gray and cloudy in northern Germany these days. It was really cool because on ground everything was gray and rainy and after departure i went into the thick cloudlayer and on the Cloud top the sky got blue and the sun broke thru as it is in reallife. (i even thought i could feel the sun warming my face when suddenly the sunrays hitting me)

And all that without any kind of stutters, just wow. But i noticed that with your settings the loading time of the terrain data at startup is increased. It seems that now much more data are loaded into my RAM to have this far out wide view of the terrain. But it really looks like the real world, and no popping up scenery anymore. 

👍 from my side 

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

3 hours ago, PauloMorais said:

Hi. Thanks for you contribute to the community. I have the card as you, and i tried you settings, but with 2xMSAA, the shimmering and aliasing are really bad, if i switch to 4xMSAA,i have CTD, so my question is, how his your DPI in windows display settings? 150%? 125 or even 100%?

Thanks 

Paulo Morais 

Hi @PauloMorais my windows is set to 100 DPI on my 4K.  It is small for some at that high resolution.  I do see some flashes here and there but to be honest it is quite rare on my end.  The fidelity these settings bring, has blown me away.  I have never simmed this good.

3 hours ago, BerndB said:

so i have put these settings in my config and my SIM still runs absolutely smooth on stable 30 FPS (because of the VSync). I´ve made a testflight from EDDH to EDDF (Aerosoft) and from LOWG to EDDH. Always with TS aktive and AS plus PFE, MCE, etc. I´ve had a very very beautiful and realistic sunset departure out of EDDH with real live weather, wich was actually very gray and cloudy in northern Germany these days. It was really cool because on ground everything was gray and rainy and after departure i went into the thick cloudlayer and on the Cloud top the sky got blue and the sun broke thru as it is in reallife. (i even thought i could feel the sun warming my face when suddenly the sunrays hitting me)

And all that without any kind of stutters, just wow. But i noticed that with your settings the loading time of the terrain data at startup is increased. It seems that now much more data are loaded into my RAM to have this far out wide view of the terrain. But it really looks like the real world, and no popping up scenery anymore. 

👍 from my side 

Amazing!!!! I am so glad that this is working for you.  Now I have insane amounts of addons being loaded (pretty much all Orbx FTX regions except for Australia V2, New Zealand) with FS2020 NG Mesh, - total time it takes to boot is around 1 min 50 seconds to 2 min - up to Scenario window. 

Well graphics is what we want with smooth stability 😊

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

4 hours ago, julian2 said:

So I finally found out what is causing the stutters. It seems it is the Antimalware Service Executable. CPU Usage goes up to around 10% every 30 seconds at the Antimalware Service Executable. I turned off Real-Time Protection at the Virus & Threat Protection Windows Menu and stutters are gone. 

I have P3D installed on a separate SSD and made an exclusion for the whole drive but the Real-Time Protection seems to affect P3D anyways.

So I will test a bit further but it looks like this is causing the problems.

Looking forward on hearing your results.  I am glad you found on what was causing the stutters

• Like 1

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

21 minutes ago, PauloMorais said:

Thanks for the reply. The problem is, when i select 100% DPI and start P3D , i found that the resolution of the sim, is the same as if i started with 150%. The only change that i notice is when i have DPI at 150%, then start P3D and change to 125%. Even then , the shimmering is intense, and if i try 100%, it crashes all the time. As i said it before, i have the same card as you, and the same settings.

Need some help

Thanks 

Paulo Morais

Have you tried with 2xSSAA?

36 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

Have you tried with 2xSSAA?

Hi Skywolf,,,,any idea about night flying...? To dark, unreal, no moon, stars are "weak". Salden gave me idea about moon to change in .cfg, but V5 .cfg doesn't have MOONPHASE. So far tried everything. Should I add in V5 even though it doesn't have it? Anyone tried....? Has to be some moonlight to shine some light...LOL..any idea...?

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

21 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

Hi Skywolf,,,,any idea for night flying...? To dark, no moon, stars are "weak". Salden gave me idea about moon to change in .cfg, but V5 .cfg doesn't have MOONPHASE. So far tried everything. Has to be some moonlight to shine some light...LOL..any idea...?

no idea about moonphase.  I just like light autogen and I get tons of that now for my night flying.

Edited by Skywolf

2 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

no idea about moonphase.  I just like light autogen and I get tons of that now for my night flying.

So with autogen you can increase a light for night flying...? I see moon_phase in V4.5 and it is really realistic so I can only assume that I could add to V5 under GRAPHICS....

It is odd than V5 doesn't even have that...wonder why came out of box that way or they forgot....LOL

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

8 hours ago, Skywolf said:

Looking forward on hearing your results.  I am glad you found on what was causing the stutters

What size is your 4k monitor?

and are you using any shaders? Like envshade?

thanks

mike

I’m confused. What is this setting? TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= 

should it be at 9 or 10? I have a RTX 2080ti 

also, is it related to the LOD setting in the UI? 
And finally, does it affect autogen setting in the Ui or should we leave that at medium? 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I’m confused. What is this setting? TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP= 

should it be at 9 or 10? I have a RTX 2080ti 

also, is it related to the LOD setting in the UI? 
And finally, does it affect autogen setting in the Ui or should we leave that at medium? 

You need to use 10 -

you have a great card - you could down the road also try it with 4.5 LOD as you have more VRAM but try it with 3.5 LOD first 

Also make sure that Hi resolution textures is set on the p3d settings (the gui portion)

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, mikeymike said:

What size is your 4k monitor?

and are you using any shaders? Like envshade?

thanks

mike

28 Inches 4K.

I am not using any shaders at this point.  Is envshade stable for v5? I may use that or not.

Just now, Skywolf said:

28 Inches 4K.

I am not using any shaders at this point.  Is envshade stable for v5? I may use that or not.

Ahh I see why your using 2MSAA 

I am on a 50inch 4k tv

im not on v5 yet 

I have gotten emails from toga.

im assuming it’s stable? If someone else would like to chime in on results?

mike