Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Mega Addons with Amazing Performance in 4K - Part 2

Actually now I get good FPS everywhere. Turns out the major resource hog was AIG. I disable it while landing and turn it back on after landing. 

Vinod Kumar

i9 10900K 5.3 Ghz, RTX 3090, 32GB RAM, Win 10 Pro.

Alpha-Yoke, Bravo-Throttles, ThrustMaster-Sidestick & Quadrant, TM-Rudder, LG 32" 1080p.

One of the things that I observed when I did this testing is my cpu setup.  I do have a Haswell-E which has lot more pcie lanes, using quad channel memory (I have 4 sticks of DDR4 Ram), decent size cpu cache.  I assume all those things help when lots of data being pushed.  I also could be wrong, just an observation.

Enjoy the settings

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Amazingly these tweaks worked WONDERS in both v4 and v5! Using NGXu, it was a stuttery mess with fps fluctuating from 22 to 45, now I see a completely smooth perfromance with no fps drops, locked at 37.5fps via RTSS (half of 75hz). Bravo for finding this combination!
I left HT enabled of course, since I use my PC for much more than flight simming only.

NOTE: I went with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9, as 10 ate the whole 16gb of RAM! You can use initial values only if you have more than 16gb.

Edited by Pe11e

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

49 minutes ago, Pe11e said:

Amazingly these tweaks worked WONDERS in both v4 and v5! Using NGXu, it was a stuttery mess with fps fluctuating from 22 to 45, now I see a completely smooth perfromance with no fps drops, locked at 37.5fps via RTSS (half of 75hz). Bravo for finding this combination!
I left HT enabled of course, since I use my PC for much more than flight simming only.

NOTE: I went with TEXTURE_SIZE_EXP=9, as 10 ate the whole 16gb of RAM! You can use initial values only if you have more than 16gb.

I used LOD of 3.5 with Texture EXP size of 10.  

But I am glad these settings are working for you and is giving you a smooth sim.  Enjoy it.

Edited by Skywolf
  • Like 1

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

23 minutes ago, Skywolf said:

I used LOD of 3.5 with Texture EXP size of 10.  

But I am glad these settings are working for you and is giving you a smooth sim.  Enjoy it.

Yes, here 3.5 also, but with Texture EXP size of 10, my RAM was full just like that. With 9, RAM usage is around 4gb. Smooth performance, and I can't see difference in texture sharpness and LOD comparing to old settings without tweaks.

Thanks!

Current system: ASUS PRIME Z690-P D4, Intel 12900k, 32GB RAM @ 3600mhz, Zotac RTX 3090 Trinity, M2 SSD, Oculus Quest 2.

Great guide,any chance of one for vr if your not too busy.

thank you

thank you,Jim

Asus Prime Z270-P| I7700k@4.6| 16gDDR4 3000 VengLpx|

Corsair H115aio Cooler| Evga GeForce 1080gpu|Corsair Rm750

1 hour ago, jimimac said:

Great guide,any chance of one for vr if your not too busy.

thank you

I will do VR soon, it is just that my schedule is really hectic at the moment for testing.  I barely can get some flight time these days.