Sign in to follow this  
Tomaz Drnovsek

GSX issue with crew boarding

There is a small a problem with using FS2Crew Q400 with GSX. When one requests passengers boarding with GSX, instead of passengers the flight crew boards first. This is not very realistic since the crew is already on the plane in the FS2Crew world. I asked at the GSX forum how to disable crew boarding so only the passengers would board and the GSX dev said only developers can implement this in their products. Since all FS2Crew products work in a way that the crew is on board way before passengers I'm wondering if you're aware of this issue? Is it possible for you to implement this feature? If yes, why wasn't it implemented yet, if no, what's the problem?

This is not an FS2Crew issue as I too use GSXL2 to call for boarding, for the Majestic Das8 Q400, and it boards the crew first, followed by the pax, so how can it be linked to FS2Crew. FS2Crew does not load passengers, even though in the Button Version I use, the FA or loadmaster does ask if 'Can we start boarding?'  because one does not see any vehicles bringing crew or passengers to the aircraft based on the Capt replying yes? So, therefore, it has to related to GSX.

17 minutes ago, vc10man said:

This is not an FS2Crew issue as I too use GSXL2 to call for boarding, for the Majestic Das8 Q400, and it boards the crew first, followed by the pax, so how can it be linked to FS2Crew. FS2Crew does not load passengers, even though in the Button Version I use, the FA or loadmaster does ask if 'Can we start boarding?'  because one does not see any vehicles bringing crew or passengers to the aircraft based on the Capt replying yes? So, therefore, it has to related to GSX.

No, no, I  didn't say it's a FS2Crew issue per se. It's an issue for users of both products. The GSX dev is saying this feature is implemented in a way that other devs (of airplanes, FS2Crew,..) have an option to implement this in their products. By default the crew boards first followed by the passengers. Some airplane developers like Aerosoft, FSLabs etc. already implemented this (it's supposed to be very easy and well documented in GSX manual) for their addons because they faced the same situation.

2 minutes ago, byork said:

We have no control or interest in GSX.

We have our own program: UGCX

https://www.fs2crew.com/cart/products/Ultimate-Ground-Crew-X.html

Well, that's not good to hear. I do own both products! If there's an option to make things better for your customer and you outright refuse to do so just because you have your own program that in fact does not do exactly the same things as the other one, it leaves a bitter taste in my mouth I must say. 

I guess that's that than.

We try to accommodate other products where possible, but only within reason.

Syncing the FS2Crew audio flight crew with the GSX physical pilot model walking to and boarding the plane is not feasible.

I'm not sure how GSX handles this, but the pilots usually board the plane way before the passengers ever do... and if it's 2nd leg or something the pilots will already be on the plane.

Cheers,

Just now, byork said:

We try to accommodate other products where possible, but only within reason.

Syncing the FS2Crew audio flight crew with the GSX physical pilot model walking to and boarding the plane is not feasible.

I'm not sure how GSX handles this, but the pilots usually board the plane way before the passengers ever do... and if it's 2nd leg or something the pilots will already be on the plane.

Cheers,

No, it's not about syncing anything at all. It's simply just about turning off crew boarding so only passengers board the plane when one calls for boarding the passengers. By default in GSX the crew boards first and immediately after that the passengers start boarding. I agree, that's highly unrealistic but that's how things are. Apparently it's very easy to turn crew off but only developers can do that. I'm not a coder so I can't really say how easy actually is, I'm just saying what they're saying. There's a topic "How to disable crew boarding?" on their forum if you're interested in exactly what they said to me.

I get it, you both have a product that does similar things but if really is that easy I can't see the reason why everybody can't be happy.

4 minutes ago, byork said:

I've never heard of any GSX SDK that allows 3rd party programs to disable their human models.

It's not about any SDK or disabling human models. It's about disabling crew boarding altogether with a couple of lines of code so only passengers board. It's explained in their manual from page 65 onwards.

2 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

It's not about any SDK or disabling human models. It's about disabling crew boarding altogether with a couple of lines of code so only passengers board. It's explained in their manual from page 65 onwards.

And as already stated here over and over again , it's not FS2Crew's fault when they have absolutely nothing to do with the 'Request Boarding' command sequence from GSX. Show me a direct correlation between Majestic Dash 8 Q400 FS2Crew add-on and the GSX add-on. What FSL or AS choose to do with their range of aircraft and GSX is totally different, any more than PMDG do. If PMDG, as in their latest OOTS II do not make an SDK available to FS2Crew to use, then how are FS2Crew to blame? In fact, strictly speaking, you do not even need FS2Crew to use either FSL, AS.

'Sorry, Shell, it's your fault I drove from point A to point B one thousand miles away on the autobahn at 160km/h and I did not get my 100 km/litre as your petrol station advertised Grade A fuel was good for economy'

57 minutes ago, vc10man said:

And as already stated here over and over again , it's not FS2Crew's fault when they have absolutely nothing to do with the 'Request Boarding' command sequence from GSX. Show me a direct correlation between Majestic Dash 8 Q400 FS2Crew add-on and the GSX add-on. What FSL or AS choose to do with their range of aircraft and GSX is totally different, any more than PMDG do. If PMDG, as in their latest OOTS II do not make an SDK available to FS2Crew to use, then how are FS2Crew to blame? In fact, strictly speaking, you do not even need FS2Crew to use either FSL, AS.

'Sorry, Shell, it's your fault I drove from point A to point B one thousand miles away on the autobahn at 160km/h and I did not get my 100 km/litre as your petrol station advertised Grade A fuel was good for economy'

Oh, man, really?

Let me ask you something. Do you use GSX L2 and FS2Crew together?

I also have the feeling I'm explaining the same thing over and over again. It's nobodys fault but in this case only FS2Crew dev can implement this specific GSX feature. Here you go - a direct correlation.

Edited by Tomaz Drnovsek

4 hours ago, Tomaz Drnovsek said:

Oh, man, really?

Really? Really, really?

Do you use GSX L2 and FS2Crew together?

Yes,and I don't make a song and dance about it!

a direct correlation.

Time to give up.....................keep counting the chickens!