Sign in to follow this  
hvw

Marshaller's POV Angle

Hi Manuel,

Ever so often the marshaller's POV angle is not being saved. At unpredictable times this angle option is being reset to "very close" for no apparent reason. This happens with all the PMDG 737 NGXu series. Am I doing something wrong, I wonder?

Best regards,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

Hey Hans,

1 hour ago, hvw said:

Ever so often the marshaller's POV angle is not being saved

When you are making the adjustment are you on a parking spot? The marshaller's location, since v1.7 is attached to the airport's parking profile. Prior to v1.7, the marshaller POV was attached to the aircraft's profile. The initial idea on attach it to the aircraft was to avoid configuring it per parking spot. However, the are times where the marshaller ended up inside the terminal building, this is something we can't avoid since, the program can't detect/see terminal buildings, so we decided since version 1.7 to attach the marshaller's location per parking spot so it will not appear inside buildings, the problem with that is we need to configure that for every parking spot. We need to find a better strategy for avoid having the user do all that configuration but at the same time, have the marshaller outside of the terminal building.

Cheers,

Manuel

spacer.png

22 minutes ago, Manuel82 said:

the problem with that is we need to configure that for every parking spot. We need to find a better strategy for avoid having the user do all that configuration

That in fact is my biggest issue with this software. I can't imagine me doing this for every parking spot.
I suppose there's a way to at least have a default you can set and if needed be adjusted for a particular parking?

Cheers,
Luc

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

MSI GeForce GTX 780 Ti Gaming - Cooler Master V1000

Windows 7 prof/ 64b - FSX sp2 - UTX eur - GEX eur - PMDG 737NGX

No, I didn't assign it on a parking spot as I had the idea that, as you mentioned, it was assigned per aircraft. You are right, it is a kind of hassle to configure it now per parking spot as one now only can assign the marshaller's position when he almost got overrun by the aircraft :). (In some occasions) 

What is the best way to assign the marshaller's position when arriving at an airport and having called for the follow-me car? I, for one, cannot tell how far the marshaller will be form a building, if there is any, or from the aircraft. Know what I mean?

Best,
Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

Acer Predator P03-640 2.10 Ghz Intel 12th Gen Core 17-12700F 64GB memory, 1.02 TB SSD HD, 1.02 TB HD,  NVidia Geforce RTX 3070 16GB Memory, Windows 11 (x64)

19 minutes ago, seahorse said:

That in fact is my biggest issue with this software. I can't imagine me doing this for every parking spot.

I also has been thinking in return attaching the marshaller's location to the aircraft, so you don't have to do this per parking spot, I has been thinking, in instead associate a location per parking but to define an offset/location that defines the terminal building's starting location. We could do this, so have the program use the location associated to your aircraft, but if the parking has a terminal building location it could calculate  a intermediate point between the offset associated to the aircraft and the parking's terminal building location, I hope its not so complex the way I explained. This would resolve in part of having your to configure per parking the marshaller's location

Manuel

Edited by Manuel82

spacer.png

Manuel,

What would it be if you attach the marshaller's position at an angle of 45 degrees slanted (to the left) in front of the aircraft's parking position. In that way you avoid positioning the marschaller in a terminal building and for the aircraft's pilot the marshaller will be easier to see from within the cockpit. A win-win situation.

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

That may change with cockpit's on different aircrafts.

I'm thinking also in creating a small (very small) windows with only two or one sliders to have you control the marshaller's position on arrival in case you don't see him on the parking spot that doesnt have been previously calibrated, so you adjust it very close to the terminal and save it automatically into that parking profile without going into the calibration window. This way you calibrate it and save it while you arrive at the destination parking.

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Yes, that might be the best solution. 

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I'll do that then!....I will quickly build this small adjustment window to allow you to move the marshaller and be floating so it doesn't obscure the cockpit's panel or anything. Because if we see it, you will never have all airports profile, so if I give you the controls to adjust it once you arrive then it might be easier, to adjust and then save it.

Manuel

• Like 1

spacer.png

Great idea, very much looking forward to testing/using it

Hans

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

I too think that would be the best way to tackle this.
Two suggestions if I may

- Have a fix distance between the marchaller and the aircraft, programmable by type of aircraft.
- Then apply your solution with slider but moving the marchaller on a half circle to the left or right, keeping the same distance.
  Like this you would make it possible to move "it" out of the building and still respect the viewable distance out of the cockpit.

Cheers,
Luc 

Luc Jonckheere

MSI Z97 GAMING 5 - Intel Core i7 4790K / 4.4GHz - Cooler Master Hyper TX3 EVO - Kingston HyperX Beast 16GB - Samsung 840 EVO 120GB - 2 x Western Digital Black, 2 TB

12 hours ago, seahorse said:

Have a fix distance between the marchaller and the aircraft, programmable by type of aircraft.

You mean to have it as a default in case the destination parking doesn't have a profile created previously?

As we speak, I just created that small window, with the sliders, I'm just programming them so they move the marshaller while you arrive. In this way, we could start solving this issue, and polishing with your comments/suggestions, so you dont have to create all the profiles before every flight.

Manuel

spacer.png

>>so you dont have to create all the profiles before every flight.<<

That would indeed be quite a hassle as you don't know what gate or stand you will arrive at in your destination airport. 

Hans

Edited by hvw
Correcting a typo

Kind regards,
Hans van WIjhe

11 hours ago, Manuel82 said:

You mean to have it as a default in case the destination parking doesn't have a profile created previously?

Yes indeed, as in many cases the default will/might work so we can save ourselves the time to do that for every parking spot.
Myself I hardly fly in between the same airport pairs, always fly new routes. Also, my arrival parking is assigned by my ATC, and even at the same airport will/might be always different, so I wouldn't know in forehand where I will end up. If every time at arrival I have to start configuring the parking spot than that would really have an impact on immersion.

Cheers,
Luc

PS I really hate to refer to GSX but I wonder how they solve that with the marchaller at arrival.

• Like 1

Luc Jonckheere

I think I got a clear picture now, I'll follow what you suggest leave the POV (point-of-view) angle configured per aircraft as seen from the cockpit, and attach it to the aircraft's profile, then in the future, (not far away), create a parameter per parking spot where you can define the distance to the terminal building, this parameter will not be required but if present on a parking, then it will limit the marshaller's distance to that point, so it doesn't goes into the building, in cases where there isnt this parameter it would or may go into a building, and you could use the slider to reposition the marshaller's location.

Manuel

• Like 2

spacer.png