Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

It’s released, I am going to try it, I just hope it works with variable refresh rate setting. 

That I do not know, but I have beta tested both Framerate and AGL mode on multiple short and long flights and it worked flawlessly.

Glad to see that it has been released.

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I am a long type user of FFTF , but now I feel I no longer have a need for it.

Beside the CTD related to ASP3D, flying with P3DV5 has been an amazing experience. The smoothness it amazing. The precisions of my landing using the PMDG 748 and eye scanning outsiede and the FD inside with the smoother platform has improved the quality of my landing. No longer returning to P3Dv4.5

That being said, I have a FreeSync monitor CRG9. I now  set my fps to unlimited and VSS on and I do now have texture longing problem at altitude. So I no longer feel the need for dynamic FFTF

Edited by vincentrouleau

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

2 minutes ago, vincentrouleau said:

I am a long type user of FFTF , but now I feel I no longer have a need for it.

Beside the CTD related to ASP3D, flying with P3DV5 has been an amazing experience. The smoothness it amazing. The precisions of my landing using the PMDG 748 and eye scanning outsiede and the FD inside with the smoother platform has improved the quality of my landing. No longer returning to P3Dv4.5

That being said, I have a FreeSync monitor CRG9. I now  set my fps to unlimited and VSS on and I do now have texture longing problem at altitude. So I no longer feel the need for dynamic FFTF

So, you’re saying dynamic refresh rate as in variable does the same thing? This is what I am trying to understand. Before I make purchase. 

Happy you. Using "unlimited" still results in a blurry mess on my end when flying fast or longer distances. FFTF Dynamic is THE tool to have FPS comparable to "unlimited" on heavy airports while no issues with blurries when flying longer distances. I am really happy that it is now ready for v5.

I guess it will be on the usual selling platforms shortly? Is it an update or a totally new version we have to buy? I would happily pay another dollar, so the question is just to know if I have to wait for simmarket to update it or if I can go ahead and get the new version.

• Like 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

Yes, unlimited and no blurries. amazing. Installed OBRX Global and openLC. I guess I won the blurry lottery. If it wasn't the case at unlimited, I would still rely on dynamic FFTF.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

25 minutes ago, AnkH said:

Happy you. Using "unlimited" still results in a blurry mess on my end when flying fast or longer distances. FFTF Dynamic is THE tool to have FPS comparable to "unlimited" on heavy airports while no issues with blurries when flying longer distances. I am really happy that it is now ready for v5.

I guess it will be on the usual selling platforms shortly? Is it an update or a totally new version we have to buy? I would happily pay another dollar, so the question is just to know if I have to wait for simmarket to update it or if I can go ahead and get the new version.

It's a new version you have to buy. https://www.fspsstore.com/fsps-products/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv5.html

• Like 1

Bought, installed and working as expected! Great tool to manage your FFTF while flying, AGL scenario here working great.

• Like 1

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

Not that the product is expensive on its whole but I found the discount for existing customers relatively small.

• Like 4

Shom

[Win 10 Pro, i7-9700K, MSI 3080Ti, 4K screen, Crucial 2666 16GB, 2 500GB Samsung EVOs 850/860]

[MSFS 2020 running with Fenix A320, PMDG 737, FSS E-175, Aerosoft CRJ]

[P3D v5.3 HF2 running with ifly 737 Max 8, FSLabs A319/320/321, Feelthere E170/175/190/195 v3, PMDG 737 NGXu ,TFDI 717, Aerosoft CRJ Pro, Majestic Dash 8, CS 757 iii, Feelthere ERJ-145, Fly The Maddog X, QW 787, PMDG 777]

I don't know which one is the most outrageous, the fact that this software is needed or that people actually pay for it, even multiple times. Have you thought about what this software actually does?  Well it says it right on the package, it changes a value inside of the sim during runtime based on a couple of other variables like the aircraft height. That's it. It's what, maybe 30 lines of code? Changing this variable will cost you around 15-19 euro. And if you got it for Prepar3Dv4 you will have to pay again with almost no discount. That's almost as much as e.g. an entire game or other complex software that took years to develop.

If changing the FFTF value is required for a smooth sim you should complain to LM. You paid a lot for their software and you should not accept lazy programming that require payware 3rd party bug fixes.

Sorry but I think that if you buy software like this you're part of the problem. Prepar3D will not evolve, bugs will not get fixed, and 3rd party developers will continue to see fantastic opportunities to sell overpriced bug fixes to desperate users.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

FFTF V5 version now released just tried it at EGLL.

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

If this tool makes the difference between smooth ground operations on heavy airports like EGLL and stutters, it worth every penny as it is in use for almost every flight I do. In contrast to sceneries that cost more, in contrast to aircraft addons that cost more etc. 

And why should I blame LM for bad performance on addon sceneries? The naked and pure P3D has no performance issues.

PS: will it be available on simmarket as well?

Edited by AnkH
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

10 minutes ago, NickBo said:

I don't know which one is the most outrageous, the fact that this software is needed or that people actually pay for it, even multiple times. Have you thought about what this software actually does?  Well it says it right on the package, it changes a value inside of the sim during runtime based on a couple of other variables like the aircraft height. That's it. It's what, maybe 30 lines of code? Changing this variable will cost you around 15-19 euro. And if you got it for Prepar3Dv4 you will have to pay again with almost no discount. That's almost as much as e.g. an entire game or other complex software that took years to develop.

If changing the FFTF value is required for a smooth sim you should complain to LM. You paid a lot for their software and you should not accept lazy programming that require payware 3rd party bug fixes.

Sorry but I think that if you buy software like this you're part of the problem. Prepar3D will not evolve, bugs will not get fixed, and 3rd party developers will continue to see fantastic opportunities to sell overpriced bug fixes to desperate users.

It has its value for sure...

the developer knows how to make a code of 30 lines, and he is charging for that. I don´t have any idea about programming. I need a tool that can do exactly what FFTF dynamic is doing and I am happy to pay the developer for his "know how".

And finally, it is my money at the end, isn´t it?

• Like 6

Ramon De Valencia

Intel i9 13900k @ stock / Windows 11 64 bit / 64GB DDR5 5600MHz CL36 RAM / GTX 4090 24GB VRAM / 1000 watt PSU

28 minutes ago, NickBo said:

What kind of nonsense are you spreading here ? That is outrageous...

You simply don’t know what you are talking about.

Do you have a cellphone ? Most are being made for less than 10% of the price you pay in the stores. The same for computers and laptops. And as you write here you seem not to find that a problem and you are part of keeping prices high..

Any idea how long it takes to come up with an idea and the endproduct ?

Finding variables, knowing programming , making a GUI , making it work etc...

If you only see negative things than don’t punish yourself with a non evolving flightsim as P3D...

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0