Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

22 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

I'm I right in thinking that FIBER_FRAME_TIME_FRACTION=0.33 is default for P3D v5, as it was previously?

Is anyone running a FFTF greater than this to avoid blurries?

I'm not...in AGL...the high setting is 0.33 but no blurries of any kind at that AGL 'default' settings.

I'm blown away, quite frankly ...the performance is crazy nuts!

I had specific issues, since using SimConnect with AS P3D v5.  I'd get cloud update/scene removal flashes...now?  GONE!

I had developed some forward animation stutters on the ground and in the air...(something I thought I would just have to live with...but NOPE!)---->  GONE!

This in my books was a clever 'real time' implementation of the F.F. setting...and so cool that it is not locked in at flight sim initialization..but can be changed on the fly...(if you excuse the pun...).

I'd say, that this is as much a 'high value/great R.O.I. companion program, as is AS P3Dv5.   In fact...you NEED this, to make AS P3Dv5 cloud injection through SimConnect smooth as glass....

Anyways...just wanted to share the initial 'most excellent' value experience!

2020-5-14-8-31-19-320.jpg

2020-5-14-8-31-38-281.jpg

2020-5-14-8-31-58-278.jpg

2020-5-14-8-40-41-113.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Wow, I’m very impressed with all the positive reviews here, I might look into getting this for P3dv5. I’m already getting very good results/performance  (minus the vram challenge on a 8gb card), but holy moly are a lot of experienced simmers loving this tool - me jealous 😎

Tank you all for sharing, I never used this tool in any sim before, despite my being aware of its existence, that may change soon 👍

Cheers,

Pete

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, DR5-6000MHZCORSAIR ICUE H150I ELITE, ASUS PRIME Z790-P, THERMALTAKE TOUGHPOWER GF3 1350W, WIN 11

This program has made the sim...

2020-5-14-8-57-27-335.jpg

2020-5-14-8-58-54-245.jpg

Edited by Sesquashtoo

7 minutes ago, Peter Z KCLE_EDDN said:

Wow, I’m very impressed with all the positive reviews here, I might look into getting this for P3dv5. I’m already getting very good results/performance  (minus the vram challenge on a 8gb card), but holy moly are a lot of experienced simmers loving this tool - me jealous 😎

Tank you all for sharing, I never used this tool in any sim before, despite my being aware of its existence, that may change soon 👍

Cheers,

Pete

OMG, Pete...this one program...is the Ring that rules them ALL!~   It has simply wiped smooth, and out of existence, my 'v5 B*tch List'. If you buy......wow...you'll love it.  I bought the v4 version later after having seen what this baby does within v5.

Very happy...very...

Ses

Edited by Sesquashtoo
  • Like 1

Love how he writes clickbait posts about things he doesn’t even understand 

7 minutes ago, JoeFackel said:

All infos are in the descrption: https://www.justflight.com/product/fftf-dynamic-p3d-v4

You want maximum frame rates at detailed airports? You want to avoid blurry terrain and have sharpness while flying? You want the best balance between performance and image quality? You don't want to change your settings while making a flight?

Well, you can perform a lot of tests until you think that you have found the solution. You have no blurries or stutters and frame rates are good. You start a flight (or you change vehicle), you enter another area and finally frame rates drop and stutters appear, or you see terrain blurries. And you start again... and again...

You can turn down your detail settings because of that detailed airport which is bringing down your frame rates. You can use less autogen and lower the terrain settings when flying in order to avoid blurry terrain. Experienced simmers know that they can use different FFTF (FIBRE FRAME TIME FRACTION) values for maximum frame rates or avoiding blurries.

FFTF actually determines the maximum amount of time per frame that will run fibre jobs on the primary thread. Your simulator's performance is greatly affected by the amount of time the CPU spends between foreground operations and background data scenery loading. The lower the frame rate is set, the more CPU time is devoted to loading scenery and textures.

FIBRE FRAME TIME FRACTION is a direct command that helps tune the amount of time per frame that the CPU runs fibre jobs. Its default value is 0.33, meaning that the CPU will spend 1 millisecond on scenery loading in every 3 milliseconds of rendering. So, the lower the value, the better the frame rate, but there is also an increase in the blurries.

But what if FIBRE FRAME TIME FRACTION is not static but dynamic? This can solve all the problems mentioned above!

We present to you the Dynamic FFTF program, an application which covers every aspect of user configuration:

1. Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled
  2. Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled + external limiter
  3. Unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled
  4. Locked frames  (VSync + TB settings are ignored)

There are two options for dynamic FFTF calculation - frames range and AGL height range.

Frames range option

Suggested for unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled.   

You set the minimum and the maximum frames + FFTF range + times you want FFTF to be updated per second to P3D.

For example: Min frames=24, Max Frames=28, FFTF minimum=0.05, FFTF maximum=0.33, times to update per second=1.

In this case at 24 frames FFTF will be 0.05, at 26 frames FFTF will be around 0.19 and at 28 frames FFTF will be 0.33. Below the minimum frames set, FFTF will always be 0.05 while above the maximum frames set, FFTF will always be 0.33.

AGL height range option

Suggested for the other options. You set the minimum and maximum AGL altitude + FFTF range. (Times to update per second is not available for AGL height option).  

For example: AGL Min=0 feet, AGL Max=5000 feet, FFTF minimum=0.05, FFTF maximum=0.33.

In this case at 0 feet FFTF will be 0.05, at 2,500 feet FFTF will be 0.19 and at 5,000 feet, FFTF will be 0.33. Above 5,000 feet FFTF will always be 0.33.

Every time that the application calculates the new FFTF, it immediately updates the new FFTF value to P3D. This is the main reason that we do not need any timer option in this case.

Most simmers now know about FTFF and what it does. Many of them use FFTF values from 0.1 or 0.01 and any of them suffer from blurries when flying because of that. This program solves it all...

Edited by Sesquashtoo

Wish SimMarket would hurry up and offer this.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Vic green

Has somebody be using FFTF with Virtual Reality?

Does it provides substantial improvement?

Thanks, cheers.

I used to think this program was a placebo .

Bought it for v5 and instantly regretted not getting it for v4 all this time 😄

• Like 1

PC- AMD Ryzen 7800X3D, 64gb 6400mhz RAM, Nvidia RTX4090

28 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Wish SimMarket would hurry up and offer this.

I anyway wonder what does take them always that long, for almost every addon...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

59 minutes ago, Sesquashtoo said:

OMG, Pete...this one program...is the Ring that rules them ALL!~   It has simply wiped smooth, and out of existence, my 'v5 B*tch List'. If you buy......wow...you'll love it.  I bought the v4 version later after having seen what this baby does within v5.

Very happy...very...

Ses

😄... Exactly my feeling after buying this yesterday too. I ddidn´t know about this little miracle. Oh my God!!! What is that? What magic is happening here in my p3d??? Very, very nice, endeed. Although it´s a know thing about the FFTF parameter, this litle gem do the trick on the fly. Thanks a lot DEV!!!

May i ask: @Sesquashtoo What exactly paremeters youre using in the AGL config? Im trying some values here, but i want to try your config please. (I know it depends in hardware config, but as i said, im testing multiple values) Thanks in advance!

And yes people. This app do exactly what it says! Very satisfied here.

• Like 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

19 minutes ago, FlavioSSA said:

😄... Exactly my feeling after buying this yesterday too. I ddidn´t know about this little miracle. Oh my God!!! What is that? What magic is happening here in my p3d??? Very, very nice, endeed. Although it´s a know thing about the FFTF parameter, this litle gem do the trick on the fly. Thanks a lot DEV!!!

May i ask: @Sesquashtoo What exactly paremeters youre using in the AGL config? Im trying some values here, but i want to try your config please. (I know it depends in hardware config, but as i said, im testing multiple values) Thanks in advance!

And yes people. This app do exactly what it says! Very satisfied here.

I'm so far only using the AGL as it comes, default.  I haven't actually needed to touch a thing, so far.  I'm now getting way more than 30 FPS, but I only want or need 30 FPS, so..for me, probably it's buy and run. 🙂  On average, I have gotten a 33 percent FPS boost on most anything on the screen.  So happy with it, that I also purchased for v4.5

• Like 1

Thank you!! 👍

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

I can't tell from all of the posts here whether or not FFTF Dynamic will work for how I'm set up if someone can advise.   I use UNLIMITED/Vsync to 30Hz refresh, in v4.5.   Is there a way to benefit from FFTF D and still use these basic settings?  FWIW, like most of us learn to do I set sliders according to where I'm flying and in what and often don't need to stop and readjust.

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X