Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

19 minutes ago, Achilles Philippopoulos said:

True. That is not possible as the store database is not able to know if you got the v4 one

Understood Achilles, as I said I purchased anyway. Don't know how many purchased from FSPShop but you might consider a way to enable the discount for them.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Been flying v4.5 this morning, and really enjoying the 25 plus FPS performance since installing the app.  Smooth animation, all round. Should of had this 3 years ago....

1 hour ago, Michael Moe said:

Hi, maybe i misunderstand something but how is this new procedure reacting to VSYNC ON ? 

I still have a 25 HZ solution here

Michael Moe

If your Vsync is lower than the frame limit you set, then the Vsync limits the frame rate, exactly as it would with unlimited frame rate selected!

Pete

• Like 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

3 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

Just tested it also, and 120 is a good number to set in P3D if you are limiting outside.

"You learn something new, every day.."  :smile:

Bert,

How do you have your FFTF set for 120 frames?  Frames range, AGL range, FFTF Range range, and how many times per second?

Just curious.

Stan

2 minutes ago, spilok said:

Bert,

How do you have your FFTF set for 120 frames?  Frames range, AGL range, FFTF Range range, and how many times per second?

Just curious.

Stan

I locked to 33 FPS using agl mode and variable refresh rate ticked. Seems smooth, in high density areas. 

outside of that I lock you 117 (refresh rate is 120) and variable refresh rate selected, seems smooth too. 

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I locked to 33 FPS using agl mode and variable refresh rate ticked. Seems smooth, in high density areas. 

outside of that I lock you 117 (refresh rate is 120) and variable refresh rate selected, seems smooth too. 

I'm not sure I'm following. Do you lock in sim or with some other limiter ? I thought the software detects if the sim limiter is set ?

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

I'm not sure I'm following. Do you lock in sim or with some other limiter ? I thought the software detects if the sim limiter is set ?

FFTF DYNAMIC is more about managing the time slice the sim spends rendering scenery textures.

The idea being if the frame rate of the sim is aready good the sim can spend more time rendering scenery (thus helping to prevent the blurries).

Alternatively if the frame rate is lower less time can be spent rendering scenery and more time allocated to the frame rate (like if coming in to land at a busy airport).

Managing such time slicing is best when dynamically performed and FFTF DYNAMIC allows managment to be based on either a frame rate range or a range of height above ground.

Locking the sim frame rate is more about not overloading the capabilities of the hardware.

For example I lock my frame rate @ 30 FPS via a vsync, this means the sim only has to work half as hard as it otherwise would @ 60 FPS (or unlimitted where the sim would be flat out max all the time).

Thus there are more resources free for the sim to allocate to other tasks such as scenery loading, eye candy, AI etc.

Clear as mud ??

Cheers

Edited by Rogen
  • Like 1

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

13 minutes ago, Rogen said:

For example I lock my frame rate @ 30 FPS via a vsync, this means the sim only has to work half as hard as it otherwise would @ 60 FPS (or unlimitted where the sim would be flat out max all the time).

I use vsync to my monitor's 30Hz vertical refresh rate, but in-sim it's unlimited.  How do you 'lock frame rate @ 30 via vsync' and NOT run unlimited in-sim, which from everything said above effectively prevents FFTF Dynamic from being able to modulate FFTF?  I'm guessing you meant to say you lock your frame rate @ 30 FPS using the internal limiter or some other, and also have vsync set perhaps to 60Hz screen?

Edited by Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 hour ago, MindYerBeak said:

I guess this  below answers my  question:

Achilles above wrote:

-------

1.) Unlimited frames inside p3d and fftf value inside .cfg does not have any effect

2.) Unlimited frames inside p3d and fftf value from FSPS FFTF does not have any big effect at high frames but has an effect at blurries and very low frames.

To conclude, locked frames inside p3d and managed fftf value give you a more smooth without blurries flight experience while in most cases you can increase your p3d settings.

Regards,

----

6 minutes ago, Noel said:

I use vsync to my monitor's 30Hz vertical refresh rate, but in-sim it's unlimited.  How do you 'lock frame rate @ 30 via vsync' and NOT run unlimited in-sim, which from everything said above effectively prevents FFTF Dynamic from being able to modulate FFTF?  I'm guessing you meant to say you lock your frame rate @ 30 FPS using the internal limiter or some other, and also have vsync set perhaps to 60Hz screen?

No mate, I meant exactly what I wrote, my sim is locked @ 30 FPS via 30 Hz vsync while running at unlimited inside of P3D. Check my vids link in sig for example videos running @ 30 Hz vsync with FFTF Dynamic.

This link might also help explain vsyncing - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573473-p3dv5-settings-for-frame-rate-etc/

In my config I have a test airport (Big Bear - NY USA) where at a certain spot I would have blurry ground textures, compared to with FFTF Dynamic running I get no blurries at that spot.

As far as I'm concerned it works as advertised and I assume FFTF Dynamic is able to inject its magic at a low level bypassing whatever code P3D are utilising.

From the web page itself.

https://www.fspsstore.com/fsps-products/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv5.html

We present to you the Dynamic FFTF program.

An application which covers every aspect of user configuration :

1.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled

2.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled + external limiter

3.)    Unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled

4.)    Locked frames  ( VSync + TB settings are ignored  )

Even muddier ???

Cheers :-)

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

1 hour ago, Rogen said:

No mate, I meant exactly what I wrote, my sim is locked @ 30 FPS via 30 Hz vsync while running at unlimited inside of P3D. Check my vids link in sig for example videos running @ 30 Hz vsync with FFTF Dynamic.

This link might also help explain vsyncing - https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/573473-p3dv5-settings-for-frame-rate-etc/

In my config I have a test airport (Big Bear - NY USA) where at a certain spot I would have blurry ground textures, compared to with FFTF Dynamic running I get no blurries at that spot.

As far as I'm concerned it works as advertised and I assume FFTF Dynamic is able to inject its magic at a low level bypassing whatever code P3D are utilising.

From the web page itself.

https://www.fspsstore.com/fsps-products/fsps-fftf-dynamic-p3dv5.html

We present to you the Dynamic FFTF program.

An application which covers every aspect of user configuration :

1.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled

2.)    Unlimited frames + VSync enabled + TB enabled + external limiter

3.)    Unlimited frames + VSync disabled + TB disabled

4.)    Locked frames  ( VSync + TB settings are ignored  )

Even muddier ???

Cheers :-)

What is your monitor's refresh rate set to?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Well this is all very confusing but I guess explains why I have never seen any benefit from using FFTF dynamic.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Once I came on to unlimited in-sim, vsync to a 30Hz screen refresh rate, stutters disappeared and fluid smooth flight ensued and has ever since, which for me is about 5y or so.  I bought FFTF Dynamic but haven't tried it yet.  I always liked the idea of a realtime modulator and this is as close as it gets.  It ought also to 'look at' GPU load and modulate the lighting related sliders which do not require a screen repaint, so I'm guessing it might be possible to do using the same approach, but alas FFTF does not cover that.   I will post my own results in this context soon.  An acid test will be flying the NGUx into KSFO-HD in FTX NCA.    That is a combination that is a tough job for how I'm set up as frames will go below the critical 30, down into the mid to high 20's, but with vsync to 30Hz screen that brings in pretty bad stutters.  If FFTF can maintain the 31 frames by sacrificing peripheral terrain loading that will be worth the $16.

Edited by Noel

Noel

Well I have done some testing with approaches in the NGXu to Orbx YSCB. While rather unremarkable and dated this airport has always been hard on frames. With my long term setup ie Vsync on TB on and unlimited fps in sim and no external limiter frames go down to 21-23 on short final and recover to near 30 once on the runway without FFTF dynamic.  With FFTF dynamic no difference which now seems to be expected with frames set to unlimited in the sim based on previous posts in this thread.  If, on the other hand, I follow advice posted earlier in this thread and turn off vsync and set frames to 120 in the sim and to 29 in NCP frames drop to 17 on short final without FFTF dynamic but to 22 with FFTF dynamic - so a small gain but compared to vsync on and unlimited in the sim and no FFTF dynamic  it amounts to a zero sum game.  This I should add is with P3D4.5 HF3 and using the AGL scenario in FFTF dynamic.

Bruceb

• Like 1

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

35 minutes ago, brucewtb said:

Well I have done some testing with approaches in the NGXu to Orbx YSCB. While rather unremarkable and dated this airport has always been hard on frames. With my long term setup ie Vsync on TB on and unlimited fps in sim and no external limiter frames go down to 21-23 on short final and recover to near 30 once on the runway without FFTF dynamic.  With FFTF dynamic no difference which now seems to be expected with frames set to unlimited in the sim based on previous posts in this thread.  If, on the other hand, I follow advice posted earlier in this thread and turn off vsync and set frames to 120 in the sim and to 29 in NCP frames drop to 17 on short final without FFTF dynamic but to 22 with FFTF dynamic - so a small gain but compared to vsync on and unlimited in the sim and no FFTF dynamic  it amounts to a zero sum game.  This I should add is with P3D4.5 HF3 and using the AGL scenario in FFTF dynamic.

Bruceb

Thanks bruce nice to have numbers. FFTF is about controlling smoothness not just frames ie) allocating time slice as in how much time is spent on rendering - so it might not be zero sum.