Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

Permission Running Rights,

It appears that one needs to match how you run the app...that being, if you are running P3D (whatever) as an Admin, then you also need to run this app also ,as an Admin.

Same for if you are running P3Dx as a User...the app, then also should be started up as a User, not as a Admin.

Match both running permissions envelopes the same.

4 hours ago, brucewtb said:

Well this is all very confusing but I guess explains why I have never seen any benefit from using FFTF dynamic.

Bruceb

You're missing out.  Simple statement. I have gone back to a 50/50 usage of P3Dv5 and P3Dv4.5 ONLY because of the fabulous effect it has on eithe sim version, especially running DX11 and P3Dv4.5  I am now mostly always near about my locked 33 FPS, and absolutely smooth animation within the sim.  Over favorite places to fly, I have almost doubled my FPS per flown mile over the terrain or situation.  Average FPS boost has been between 33 and 80 percent world wide. 

Personally, I would never run either version, without this addition to dynamic FFTF management.  I didn't fully comprehend how important this one setting in the sim was, let alone, that it now adjusts in real time.  I certainly am aware of this setting now!

There is simply no confusion, really.  You actually can buy it...set it to AGL, and fly.  There is no need to start manic tweaking of this app' settings as well as P3D graphic under-runnings.  If people do...it's because of their past practices and fascination with it....

5 hours ago, Noel said:

What is your monitor's refresh rate set to?

30 Hz... as in a 30 Hz vsync 😉 which will lock frame rates at the hertz rate meaning I get 30 FPS locked.

Given I run unlimited FPS in the sim (for the best frame rate output) the blurries would tend to be somewhat common as per my test example @ Big Bear.

This is because with P3D set to unlimited any FTFF value in the prepar3d.cfg is ignored in favour of a hardcoded FTFF value that is really low (such as 0.01), meaning more of the available time slice spent on FPS instead of rendering scenery.

When P3D is set to a FPS value the FTFF is read form the prepar3d.cfg or if no value a default of 0.33 is typcially used.

FTFF Dynamic gets around the limited time slice for scenery rendering when running P3D as unlimited FPS and also the single value used with P3D is set to locked frame rate as it is able to "Dynamically" manage the FTFF value based on what you've configured.

Thus I have control and no longer suffer form the blurries when running P3D as unlimited.

Eons ago I used to set and test values for FTFF in FSX and initialy thought the option was a load of croc because changing the value didn't do anything, it was only after I found out FTFF values are ignored when the sim is set to unlimimted FPS that I realised why.

Cheers

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

2 hours ago, Rogen said:

30 Hz... as in a 30 Hz vsync 😉 which will lock frame rates at the hertz rate meaning I get 30 FPS locked.

Given I run unlimited FPS in the sim (for the best frame rate output) the blurries would tend to be somewhat common as per my test example @ Big Bear.

This is because with P3D set to unlimited any FTFF value in the prepar3d.cfg is ignored in favour of a hardcoded FTFF value that is really low (such as 0.01), meaning more of the available time slice spent on FPS instead of rendering scenery.

When P3D is set to a FPS value the FTFF is read form the prepar3d.cfg or if no value a default of 0.33 is typcially used.

FTFF Dynamic gets around the limited time slice for scenery rendering when running P3D as unlimited FPS and also the single value used with P3D is set to locked frame rate as it is able to "Dynamically" manage the FTFF value based on what you've configured.

Thus I have control and no longer suffer form the blurries when running P3D as unlimited.

Eons ago I used to set and test values for FTFF in FSX and initialy thought the option was a load of croc because changing the value didn't do anything, it was only after I found out FTFF values are ignored when the sim is set to unlimimted FPS that I realised why.

Cheers

I am not sure i understand this ,

I am 100% sure that on my 4core HT off with FSLabs a320 this software has an postive impact in P3dv4.5 using unlimited FPS/25HZ and 0.01 - 0.33 set to AGL 20000 feet

I see huge differents in terrain loading compared to without the software.

So it must only be related to v5 now that we need to set target FPS inside P3D ?

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

1 hour ago, Sesquashtoo said:

You're missing out.  Simple statement. I have gone back to a 50/50 usage of P3Dv5 and P3Dv4.5 ONLY because of the fabulous effect it has on eithe sim version, especially running DX11 and P3Dv4.5  I am now mostly always near about my locked 33 FPS, and absolutely smooth animation within the sim.  Over favorite places to fly, I have almost doubled my FPS per flown mile over the terrain or situation.  Average FPS boost has been between 33 and 80 percent world wide. 

Personally, I would never run either version, without this addition to dynamic FFTF management.  I didn't fully comprehend how important this one setting in the sim was, let alone, that it now adjusts in real time.  I certainly am aware of this setting now!

There is simply no confusion, really.  You actually can buy it...set it to AGL, and fly.  There is no need to start manic tweaking of this app' settings as well as P3D graphic under-runnings.  If people do...it's because of their past practices and fascination with it....

Well all I can say is that this has not been my experience but I will test further.  Now 90% of my sim time is in heavy iron the PMDG range etc at  4K -  I rarely fly GA at low levels over complex scenery so maybe this is a factor.

Bruceb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

Unlimited

VSync on

30 hertz

AGL : 0-4000 ft / 0.01 - 0.25

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

49 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Unlimited

VSync on

30 hertz

Hi Gerard.  So you use FFTF v5 with unlimited and see a differens in loading terrain like in v4?

Thanks Michael Moe

Edited by Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

For me, at unlimited,i do not get blurries anymore. I have been using using dynamic fftf since i am on p3dv4. But i feel i do not need it on v5. No blurries cruising at fl360.

Vincent Rouleau

AMD Ryzen 7950X3d / 32.0GB G.SKILL Neo DDR5 6000 / Gigabyte  GeForce® RTX 4080 16Gig / / Samsung C49RG9 49' /ASUS  PB287QQ ‑ 27" UHD / AGAMMIX 2TB / Samsung 970 PRO 1TB /  PNY SSD 1TB / Windows 11 / Gigabyte B650M Elite Motherboard

1 hour ago, GSalden said:

Unlimited

VSync on

30 hertz

Gerard, 

Out of curiosity, why not set a minimum frame rate of just over 30, so that FFTF Dynamic does what it needs to do to maintain that?

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

19 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Been flying v4.5 this morning, and really enjoying the 25 plus FPS performance since installing the app.  Smooth animation, all round. Should of had this 3 years ago....

I'm guessing you haven't had the pleasure of vysnc to 30Hz screen refresh have you?  I started this practice 5y ago on 6.5y/o hardware and had totally fluid animation ever since and as I say even on old hardware.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

1 minute ago, Noel said:

Gerard, 

Out of curiosity, why not set a minimum frame rate of just over 30, so that FFTF Dynamic does what it needs to do to maintain that?

Use Vsync. That would make sense with a locked Framerate.

Eg : min 26-27 max 30 / 0.01 - 0.25

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

4 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Use Vsync. That would make sense with a locked Framerate.

Eg : min 26-27 max 30 / 0.01 - 0.25

That's not what I'm asking.  Why not set a minimum frame rate IN FFTF Dynamic, so that it modulates the FFTF value in order to maintain a minimum frame rate just over 30, because as you know w/ vsync to a 30Hz screen that is what maintains that smooth animation.  As soon as the CPU is unable to maintain at least 30 then poor animation ensues.  My understanding is that you can use FFTF in either way, looking at AGL or looking at a frame rate range.  My fantasy is to set frame rate range to something just over 30, for example 31-35 or what have you.

Edited by Noel

Noel

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

I can see thru the mud. Great explanation which now needs one more thing to carve it in stone.

I'm using P3D v4.5hf3.

If Achilles is still hanging around this thread can he give the above quoted sentence a "yes" or "no"?

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

Quick question on this app.  Is it primarily of value for airliner flying or is their value for GA as well (alt 2-3K AGL) ?

I give, what's the secret to getting the install to complete?  Bought it, downloaded it, scanned w/ malewarebytes and defender, no threats found.  Install does not complete because 'the file contains a virus or is unsafe to install...'

Edited by Noel

Noel