Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

25 minutes ago, SteveW said:

The reason it can't do it in a window is because the desktop setting has priority.

How come NCP can't do and NVPI does that? Anyway P3Dv5 is not a natively windowed app anymore I guess.

Yes. I'll try v4 with NVPI.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

NVPI 2.3.0.2 1/2 vsync works on v4 as well.

Just now, SteveW said:

NVPI 2.3.0.2 1/2 vsync works on v4 as well.

Go figure.. 

• Like 1

They include a lot of new techniques in there since GSync.

Now I’m utterly confused. 

so, I’m running good frames now, 30-60 depending area. No problem. And it’s smooth with G-Sync.

Only thing is, I’m getting some long frames every few mins. How can I get rid of them? Should I lock in the sim, or lock outside the sim? I believe texture bandwith multi doesn’t work with unlimited? 

7 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Now I’m utterly confused. 

so, I’m running good frames now, 30-60 depending area. No problem. And it’s smooth with G-Sync.

Only thing is, I’m getting some long frames every few mins. How can I get rid of them? Should I lock in the sim, or lock outside the sim? I believe texture bandwith multi doesn’t work with unlimited? 

I'm not sure your "long frames" which I assume are the same as my "hesitations or pauses" can be cured by any of these settings.

We're all chasing our tails trying to compare G-synch to 30 Hz monitors, to 1/2 vsync, to NCP fps limiters, all of which serve to create a smooth simulator experience, UNTIL P3D encounters something which it chokes on (for lack of a better term)..  I just wish that the P3D coders could figure out a way to deal with that event in the background, and not allow it to stop our sim dead, even if only for a fraction of a second (sometimes several seconds..).

• Like 3

Bert

56 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

I'm not sure your "long frames" which I assume are the same as my "hesitations or pauses" can be cured by any of these settings.

We're all chasing our tails trying to compare G-synch to 30 Hz monitors, to 1/2 vsync, to NCP fps limiters, all of which serve to create a smooth simulator experience, UNTIL P3D encounters something which it chokes on (for lack of a better term)..  I just wish that the P3D coders could figure out a way to deal with that event in the background, and not allow it to stop our sim dead, even if only for a fraction of a second (sometimes several seconds..).

Lets send em over to Laminar Research, they know how to stop it 😉 

Edited by Ianrivaldosmith

Just want to add my results after experimenting with different settings on V5. I am a member of the "30 hz/Vsync/unlimited" cult for years now, but after hearing that they fixed the internal FPS limiter, I tried limiting it to 30fps while still doing 30hz/vsync. On the surface, it works well and I did several flights with that setting in the Majestic Q400, but had stutters while on the ground/gate area with GSX, even though if I weren't to cap my frames I could get over 70fps in that aircraft. So then I went back to 30hz/Vsync/unlimited and it seemed to have solved the stutters problem, but I noticed more slow-loading textures when using MegaScenery Earth. So it appears to me that the internal limiter is still not completely fixed in V5. 

I also played around with the Vsync setting in Nvidia CP and here's that I found (2080TI, 4k resolution):

Adaptive (half refresh rate) - I tried this setting while staying with my monitor (TV)'s native 60hz setting. If I use this while setting the sim's FPS limiter to 30fps, I get Vsync but screen tearing when I look around. But if I set the sim's FPS limiter to unlimited, it's exactly like the 30hz setting I used to do. There is still an input lag within the sim, but Vsync works perfectly (at 30fps) and I taxiied into the gate area at FSDT ORD V2/GSX/Maddog X with no stutters. I run the sim in windowed mode, so when I click outside on the desktop it goes seamlessly back to the native refresh rate of the monitor without input lag, and my sim FPS went up to 45. Bring the sim back into focus, and the 30fps kicks back in. I am going to roll with this setting from now on if my initial findings hold up. I am also contemplating purchasing FFTF dynamic, if it can help with my blurries and prevent me from going below 30fps if I am in a situation that might cause that (such as traffic on VATSIM, ground operations).

• Like 1

P3D 4.3, Windows 10/64 bit, Intel 6700k @ 4.7 air-cooled, NVidia 2080 Ti Founders Edition, ASUS Rog Maximus VIII Ranger, 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR4 @3200, Phanteks Anthoo Pro Series Case, Samsung 950 Pro M.2 500GB, Sandisk 1TB SATA, Seagate 2TB Hybrid Drive, Cooler Master 700W, 40-inch Samsung 4k TV

1 hour ago, bbain1187 said:

Just want to add my results after experimenting with different settings on V5. I am a member of the "30 hz/Vsync/unlimited" cult for years now, but after hearing that they fixed the internal FPS limiter, I tried limiting it to 30fps while still doing 30hz/vsync. On the surface, it works well and I did several flights with that setting in the Majestic Q400, but had stutters while on the ground/gate area with GSX, even though if I weren't to cap my frames I could get over 70fps in that aircraft. So then I went back to 30hz/Vsync/unlimited and it seemed to have solved the stutters problem, but I noticed more slow-loading textures when using MegaScenery Earth. So it appears to me that the internal limiter is still not completely fixed in V5. 

I also played around with the Vsync setting in Nvidia CP and here's that I found (2080TI, 4k resolution):

Adaptive (half refresh rate) - I tried this setting while staying with my monitor (TV)'s native 60hz setting. If I use this while setting the sim's FPS limiter to 30fps, I get Vsync but screen tearing when I look around. But if I set the sim's FPS limiter to unlimited, it's exactly like the 30hz setting I used to do. There is still an input lag within the sim, but Vsync works perfectly (at 30fps) and I taxiied into the gate area at FSDT ORD V2/GSX/Maddog X with no stutters. I run the sim in windowed mode, so when I click outside on the desktop it goes seamlessly back to the native refresh rate of the monitor without input lag, and my sim FPS went up to 45. Bring the sim back into focus, and the 30fps kicks back in. I am going to roll with this setting from now on if my initial findings hold up. I am also contemplating purchasing FFTF dynamic, if it can help with my blurries and prevent me from going below 30fps if I am in a situation that might cause that (such as traffic on VATSIM, ground operations).

And this ^^^ is why I love G-Sync!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

UNTIL P3D encounters something which it chokes on (for lack of a better term)..  I just wish that the P3D coders could figure out a way to deal with that event in the background, and not allow it to stop our sim dead, even if only for a fraction of a second (sometimes several seconds..).

I think there is [very] cautious optimism FFTF Dynamic may help reduce these significantly.   It may need to be fine-tuned per flight I don't know yet but I have done two test flights where I would typically have seen maybe 1-3 of these somewhere during departure in particular both of these flights, and I saw none, or maybe one really short one I'm not sure.  KSFO-HD>ORBX KSAN, the other ORBX KSAN>KSLC in the NGXu.  I am giving the full FFTF range from 0.01 to 1.0 so that the sudden big tile load gets attention earlier in the sequence, when demand on foreground tasks is lower, which it often can be even right before those sudden spikes in load hit.  I'm playing around w/ where to set the AGL but both of those flights were at 6K feet.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Finaly, it´s available at simmarket 👍

• Like 1

Flavio Cardoso - P3Dv4.5 HF3

Win 10 Pro 64Bits - i74960X 4.5ghz - ASUS Rampage IV Black Ed. - Corsair H150i Platinum - 32gb  Ripjaws Z - ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER SC - MCP 737R 2015 Virtual Avionics

31 minutes ago, FlavioSSA said:

Finaly, it´s available at simmarket 👍

Great to hear 😄

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

5 hours ago, GSalden said:

Great to hear 😄

Gerard, still unlimited,VSYNC ON, FFTF AGL mode in v5?

Thanks 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Gerard, still unlimited,VSYNC ON, FFTF AGL mode in v5?

Thanks 

Michael Moe 

I’m not Gerard but yes that’s what I’ve always run and TB with success and at 30 Hz on my 4K TV. I also run between 0 and 0.40 on the range and 0 to 4000 ft on the AGL.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2