Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

8 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

Gerard, still unlimited,VSYNC ON, FFTF AGL mode in v5?

Thanks 

Michael Moe 

Hi Michael,

Yes, still in that way.

I

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I probably missed this part in this thread, so with FFTF Dynamic, you can force a FFTF value of 0.33 above 4000ft AGL when using the "unlimited" setting in P3D?

Could maybe Achilles share some expert info on what really is the difference between:

A) using "unlimited" in the sim and as such basically forcing a FFTF value of 0.1 (0.01) all the time and then correcting the FFTF value using FFTF Dynamic above a certain AGL and

B) using a fixed FPS limit in the sim resulting in a FFTF value of 0.33 all the time and then correcting the FFTF value using FFTF Dynamic below a certain AGL?

To me, it is exactly the same, no? Just the starting point is different, but FPS should be exactly the same...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

3 hours ago, AnkH said:

To me, it is exactly the same, no? Just the starting point is different, but FPS should be exactly the same...

Dynamic FFTF overrides the default setting in P3D, whatever it is. And the value doesn't just change from 0.01 to 0.33 and vice versa. It is ramped up or down between any two values you set.

Dynamic FFTF can also operate based on a frame rate range rather than the AGL.

I think the only confusion is whether the method used by the Dynamic FFTF program works no matter what you do with the P3D limiter. We had seen conflicting messages about that from Achilles, saying on the one hand that the code he uses to impose the FFTF change is bypassed when the limit is set to unlimited, and on the other hand that it works regardless.

I use Vsync to limit frame rates rather than the limiter, but since reading that I set the limiter to 120 (was above what I can achieve in any case).

Pete

• Upvote 1

Win10: 22H2 19045.2728
CPU: 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Memory: 32Gb at 3800 MHz.
GPU:  RTX 24Gb Titan
2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen

I've tried limiter off and on and noticed the following.

Setting frames within P3D to unlimited gives me around 40 frames in VR, with some fluctuation. DFFTF doesn't seem to effect it nomatter what setting I put in.

Setting frams to 120 decreases my FPS by up to 10, DFFTF does have a big impact if I change the settings (+/- 20 frames in some cases) but I am never able to achieve an FPS even close to just leaving frames to unlimited within P3D.

I do still leave DFFTF running, It is probably a placebo effect, but it just feels smoother with it so will keep it running until somone can prove it's in my head. Would be good to see some clarification on this matter.

• Like 1

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

8 hours ago, GSalden said:

Hi Michael,

Yes, still in that way.

I

See Pete Downson respons 2 post down from your respons.  Thats why i asked you if you see any differens with or without FFTF Dynamic in V5

thanks Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

2 hours ago, severniae said:

Setting frames within P3D to unlimited gives me around 40 frames in VR, with some fluctuation. DFFTF doesn't seem to effect it nomatter what setting I put in.

Setting frams to 120 decreases my FPS by up to 10, DFFTF does have a big impact if I change the settings (+/- 20 frames in some cases) but I am never able to achieve an FPS even close to just leaving frames to unlimited within P3D.

I do still leave DFFTF running, It is probably a placebo effect, but it just feels smoother with it so will keep it running until somone can prove it's in my head. Would be good to see some clarification on this matter.

Yes I find the same with VR even 120 knocks my frames and puts judder in it be nice to know if works . Supposedly FPS mode is best according to manual for unlimited 

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

12 hours ago, severniae said:

The whole issue is statistical and so difficult to prove. I'm in VR too. I go a different route. I internally lock to 45fps (1/2 90) and allow the sim to build frames in the background this way which keeps it smoother for me for the types of flying I do. With DFFTF there is a reduction in long frames I feel, but it is not a bullet proof solution.

i get error messages as below  for example

SIMCONNECT_SIMOBJECT_TYPE.USER (Error) - 6/11/2020 1:47:38 PM

14ppkc-6.png

doesnt anyone know if this has been updated for hf2 ??

thanks

14ppkc-6.png

31 minutes ago, fluffyflops said:

doesnt anyone know if this has been updated for hf2 ??

thanks

The latest version just released yesterday works fine with P3Dv5 H2.

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

1 hour ago, joepoway said:

The latest version just released yesterday works fine with P3Dv5 H2.

Joe

ok thanks i dont think its on simmarket yet.  

14ppkc-6.png

On 5/30/2020 at 7:52 AM, glider1 said:

The whole issue is statistical and so difficult to prove. I'm in VR too. I go a different route. I internally lock to 45fps (1/2 90) and allow the sim to build frames in the background this way which keeps it smoother for me for the types of flying I do. With DFFTF there is a reduction in long frames I feel, but it is not a bullet proof solution.

I haven’t bought it, because I haven’t been convinced that it would do much for VR flying with frame rate set to unlimited. Am I wrong?

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

1 hour ago, OzWhitey said:

I haven’t bought it, because I haven’t been convinced that it would do much for VR flying with frame rate set to unlimited. Am I wrong?

Yeah if I was on unlimited I probably wouldn't bother either but that isn't an option for gliding and GA flying I do. I need to lock it internally and keep the fps higher preferably 45. Gliders in VR push the sim to the limit graphically because they turn turn at high bank angle, take off and land close to the ground, fly up close to cloud base and often find themselves with a major town/city/airport coming in and out of view through every rotation. Unlimited frames falls apart in those scenarios it produces a stutter-fest.

2 hours ago, OzWhitey said:

Well, I don't have VR nor P3D v5 as yet, that said it does work on P3D 4.5 (my current).

When running unlimited in P3D the FFTF value is hardcoded to a low value, something like 0.01 and any value set in the prepar3d.cfg is ignored.

With such a low FFTF value frame rates tend to be at their max (unlimited) because the engine is spending hardly any time rendering scenery.

A side effect is "the bluries" and/or a lack of scenery precisely because hardly any time is being spent rendering scenery.

I therefore use it to prevent "the bluries" and allocate more time to scenery rendering when running unlimited in P3D, and it does certainly work in my testing with it off/on.

Essentually it gives control over the FFTF value where previously there was none.

Worth it imho.

Cheers

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

Hi folks,

Since I have reinstalled Win10 and P3D5 I get a "file cannot be found" (error 00000002) message when launching FFTF v5.
Reinstalling it didn't help.

Any idea?
Thanks!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.