Sign in to follow this  
Ianrivaldosmith

FSPS : FFTF DYNAMIC P3Dv5 Released

8 minutes ago, Ikarus280 said:

And if it is still worth purchasing? 

I have no problems with smoothness in P3D, apart from at night at some airports thanks to badly optimized dynamic lighting.

Defo worth it. At Heathrow with Max AI and FS Labs 320 the aircraft was virtually uncontrollable due poor frames. P3D 5.2. With FFTF I got enough improvement to make the aircraft perfectly flyable! 

3 hours ago, simon773 said:

Hi does anyone know it it works with P3DV5.3?

Just heard from Achilles --an update is required -- see below copy and paste:

Achilles Philippopoulos posted 12/03/2021 05:43 

Hi,

Yes. It will be available next week

• Like 2

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

5 hours ago, pgde said:

Just heard from Achilles --an update is required -- see below copy and paste:

Achilles Philippopoulos posted 12/03/2021 05:43 

Hi,

Yes. It will be available next week

Thanks Will hold of updating until then.

Since the most recent build of P3d (5.3 HF2), I cannot run this software. It will cause a significant reduction in performance. I've tried both the AGL height and frames scenario, neither help. I've used this add-on for years and always had good luck with it. Perhaps code changes in 5.3 don't allow FFTFd to run properly? 

Brian Horvath

Asus Tuf z790-Plus i9 13900k Asus Strix RTX3080ti @ 4k/30hz Corsair h100i gSkill Trident Z DDR4 3200 32g (8g x4) Asus VG289 4k Display (#1) Viewsonic 1080p Display (#2) Samsung Evo 990 m.2 NVMe 1T (WIn),Samsung 980 m.2 NVMe 2Tb (p3d & Addons) 500g / 2 500g SSD Corsair TX750 Logitech Z5500 Lenovo W540 (ASv4 / Aivlasoft EFB v2), Win 1809 Pro

1 hour ago, bhorv67 said:

Since the most recent build of P3d (5.3 HF2), I cannot run this software. It will cause a significant reduction in performance. I've tried both the AGL height and frames scenario, neither help. I've used this add-on for years and always had good luck with it. Perhaps code changes in 5.3 don't allow FFTFd to run properly? 

I have the same problem and have had to stop using FFTF. What a bummer.

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Working normally as before as I can tell!

Maybe you all should sort that out with the Developer by Support-Ticket - maybe there is a Bug with specific Installations/Scenarios? 

I couldn’t get it to reach the maximum FFTF set by altitude.

Removed it and added a manual entry that was half way between high and low. Working fine for a while now.

Violated my self-imposed law of using a system to manage a system can sometimes be a mistake. 🙂

Yeah, maybe its something like that: with the Optimizations / Thread Changes in v5.3 it is imaginable that the same Settings used in v5.2 might lead to a worse Result?!

It works fine for me. Although, I find it can cause problems if you don't close FFTF after you exit P3D. That is, if you shut down P3D, then restart P3D with FFTF still running, the sim can run less smooth for example.

FYI

Don

• Like 1

Version: P3Dv5.4, P3Dv6  CPU: Core i7-13700K @ 5.5 GHz with HT on,  GPU: RTX 3080 12GB,  RAM: 32GB DDR-5MONITOR: 32" 4K with G-Sync enabled, OS: Win10 22H2, Target Frame Rate: P3D 120, NCP Max Frame Rate 35.