Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
bjablonka8120

GTX 980ti Vulkan driver

Recommended Posts

Hi, I hope someone can help. I have not been able to find a Vulkan driver for my GTX 980ti. I would appreciate some help.

 

Thanks

 

Bernd


Bernd Jablonka

 

I9 - 10900K, RTX 2080 ti, 2x 1tb SSD M2 NVMe, 3 tb SATA 3, 32gb DDR4, Asus Prime Z490-P Mainboard,

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What do you mean?  Grab the latest WHQL drivers from nvidia then install the 11.50b6 for XP....  in the settings you check the box "Use Vulkan driver"


| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks Ryan, I downloaded the latest driver but now have the problem that roll and pitch on my honecomb in xp are reversed. I adjusted and calibrated it several times but still the same. When I push the joke plane turns right and vv and when I turn the joke left or right the plane decents or climbs. Never seen this before. I use the latest honeycomb drivers too. I would very much appreciate any ideas.

 

Thanks

 

Bernd


Bernd Jablonka

 

I9 - 10900K, RTX 2080 ti, 2x 1tb SSD M2 NVMe, 3 tb SATA 3, 32gb DDR4, Asus Prime Z490-P Mainboard,

Honeycomb Alpha Yoke and Bravo Throttle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Roll back your driver to the one that was good - if the problem still exists, it wasn't that.  Recalibrate your yoke and check the driver for that,

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm in a pickle...
I really like my SpaceEngine software, but it can't support anything newer than 435.27 (I think).
Will I be able to use that driver with the public Vulcan release?  Or is it too old?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, alderon57 said:

I'm in a pickle...
I really like my SpaceEngine software, but it can't support anything newer than 435.27 (I think).
Will I be able to use that driver with the public Vulcan release?  Or is it too old?

A quick search 

https://developer.nvidia.com/vulkan-driver

435.27 seems to be a Linux driver

Anyway this driver and those in that area support Vulkan 1.1

Looking here

https://www.x-plane.com/kb/updating-graphics-drivers-for-vulkan-metal/

Shows Vulkan 1.1. support however

For Nvidia systems we require driver version 440.26 or newer, and a card that supports Vulkan 1.1 with at least 1Gb of VRAM.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, Glenn_C said:

For Nvidia systems we require driver version 440.26 or newer, and a card that supports Vulkan 1.1 with at least 1Gb of VRAM.

Thank you, Glenn.  I thought I read something similar a while back, but could not find it again.  XP wins out over SE.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/14/2020 at 3:02 PM, alderon57 said:

Thank you, Glenn.  I thought I read something similar a while back, but could not find it again.  XP wins out over SE.

I'm using 442.88 which is designed and built around Vulkan - same card as yours. Runs fine.

Edited by Fizzelle
Mistak!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/12/2020 at 7:15 PM, bjablonka8120 said:

Thanks Ryan, I downloaded the latest driver but now have the problem that roll and pitch on my honecomb in xp are reversed. I adjusted and calibrated it several times but still the same. When I push the joke plane turns right and vv and when I turn the joke left or right the plane decents or climbs. Never seen this before. I use the latest honeycomb drivers too. I would very much appreciate any ideas.

 

Thanks

 

Bernd

There is a checkbox in joystick config to revert axis.

FYI, the graphic driver can not be related to a joystick issue in any way. That's simply not possible.

Pascal

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
×
×
  • Create New...