Sign in to follow this  
birdguy

Tech Overload...

I'm with you on social networking Ian.  No Facebook.  No Twitter.  No anything else except e-mals.

PS  What happened to my picture?

Noel

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

41 minutes ago, birdguy said:

I'm with you on social networking Ian.  No Facebook.  No Twitter.  No anything else except e-mals.

PS  What happened to my picture?

Noel

The site is being worked on by our tech, Noel.  Techie stuff going on!

Charlie Aron

Awaiting the new Microsoft Flight Sim and the purchase of a new system.  Running a Chromebook for now! :cool:

18 hours ago, Penzoil3 said:

Do you even have a microphone on the computer ?  If not, how the heck can it listen, and why turn it off  ?

Two weeks ago I received an email trying to convince me that this anonymous person had a "video" his malware had secretly recorded by activating my computer's camera...

...which supposedly caught me in the act of doing something embarrassing. He threatened to release the video to people in my email contacts, etc. He said he'd destroy the "evidence" if I responded within 24 hours by sending $2,000 worth of Bitcoin to a certain one-time email address.

I ignored his email and sure enough received another similar extortion email a few day later, the which also went into the bit bucket. I guess he got discouraged since he stopped his phishing emails...

You see, I don't HAVE a camera installed on any of my computers here!

NB: I do have one coming from Amazon, but it will only be plugged in and active for monthly Zoom meetings with two amateur radio clubs I am involved with... :laugh:

• Like 2

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

38 minutes ago, n4gix said:

...which supposedly caught me in the act of doing something embarrassing. He threatened to release the video to people in my email contacts, etc. He said he'd destroy the "evidence" if I responded within 24 hours by sending $2,000 worth of Bitcoin to a certain one-time email address.

You were at the same party too then? I didn't realise I was on the same list 😅😄 Fr.Bill I'm shocked! 

• Like 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

Fr. Bill -

You got off cheap. I don't have a camera either. The e-mail I got demanded $3000. Maybe we're in the wrong business..............Doug

• Like 2

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.

No worries W2DR, I'll bail you out - I've got about £2 million coming in from a Nigerian bank... :biggrin:

• Like 3

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

You are one lucky guy. A few years back I got an e-mail from a Mr. Godwin Ebele who is the Managing Director Of UBA in Lagos, Nigeria. But, all I received was USD$ 250,000 . It was, however, deposited to my account in a timely fashion..........Doug

• Like 3

Intel 10700K @ 5.1Ghz, Asus Hero Maximus motherboard, Noctua NH-U12A cooler, Corsair Vengeance Pro 32GB 3200 MHz RAM, RTX 2060 Super GPU, Cooler Master HAF 932 Tower, Thermaltake 1000W Toughpower PSU, Windows 10 Professional 64-Bit, 100TB of disk storage. Klaatu barada nickto.