Sign in to follow this  
jackralston

KATL Atlanta missing textures (somehow)

This is very strange. I have Imaginesim KATL Atlanta 2016 installed for FS9 but have recently noticed that textures on the middle section of Concourse T, Concourse A and a few others don't load at all yet I'm sure they are in the texture folder? 

Also noticed that the static vehicles now have a missing shadow underneath so you can see the texture outline over the tarmac. Also missing some jetway logos it appears on certain concourses. Very strange, I can't see any missing textures in the folder though. My textures are in DXT3 format and the occasional one saved as 32bit but everything I can see is there, truly baffled.

Anyone able to help?

Concourse T

FdEd9cv.jpg

Concourse A

HYSoxIX.jpg

Static vehicles shadow
2FYALHp.jpg

Jetway (Southwest/Delta) texture

rPBhSKo.jpg

I had the same texture problem with KATL and a weird object problem with Taxi2Gate's KMCO as well.  Have you installed the Terminal 3 Addon for FSDT's KLAS from William Morgan?  After a couple of hours of troubleshooting, deactivating and re-ordering various airports in the scenery library, I discovered that moving KLAS to the bottom of the scenery priority list resolved both issues in my sim.  Some of the textures in KLAS Terminal 3 package are named "imagine***.bmp so I am thinking they were interfering with Imaginesim's KATL?  I still have no idea how it could have affected KMCO.

William's addon for KLAS is absolutely excellent, so I am not knocking it at all.  It just needs to be loaded last by FS.  Hope this helps.

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080 EXTREME ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB ▪︎ Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB NVME SSD (FS2020) ▪︎ Western Digital 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

28 minutes ago, SithLord said:

I had the same texture problem with KATL and a weird object problem with Taxi2Gate's KMCO as well.  Have you installed the Terminal 3 Addon for FSDT's KLAS from William Morgan?  After a couple of hours of troubleshooting, deactivating and re-ordering various airports in the scenery library, I discovered that moving KLAS to the bottom of the scenery priority list resolved both issues in my sim.  Some of the textures in KLAS Terminal 3 package are named "imagine***.bmp so I am thinking they were interfering with Imaginesim's KATL?  I still have no idea how it could have affected KMCO.

William's addon for KLAS is absolutely excellent, so I am not knocking it at all.  It just needs to be loaded last by FS.  Hope this helps.

That is an excellent point! I do indeed have William's addon for LAS and also Taxi2Gate KMCO.

So you suggest moving KLAS to the bottom of scenery library as we view it in the menu? (Close to default scenery entries)

Hopefully that works I'll give it a go shortly 😁

If you are viewing the scenery library in the FS menu, KLAS should appear at the top.
I use SCM2004 to manage my scenery and it lists the priorities in reverse.  Sorry about that!

Edited by SithLord

Gigabyte Z490 AORUS ULTRA ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ Gigabyte AORUS RTX 3080 EXTREME ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB ▪︎ Windows 10 Enterprise (21H2) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Plus 250 GB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 970 Evo Plus 500 GB NVME SSD (FS2020) ▪︎ Western Digital 1TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

56 minutes ago, SithLord said:

If you are viewing the scenery library in the FS menu, KLAS should appear at the top.
I use SCM2004 to manage my scenery and it lists the priorities in reverse.  Sorry about that!

Worked a treat, moved KLAS to the top of the scenery library and everything appears now! 

Thanks for your help.

Which in it of itself is a boo-hoo for developers (freeware mainly) or payware, releasing products that overwrite textures needed elsewhere.

I'm sure there are others that may chime in about a particular update to I believe was FSDT's McCarran. This add-on, if I recall correctly, added a new area of KLAS. It ended up overwriting textures down at T2G Orlando's MCO rendering it "ugly" to say the least. That one bothered me greatly until my friend, and co-developer of our KJAX2019, David Rawlins, advised me that this update to KLAS overwrote textures needed for the T2G Orlando scenery. Basically this overwrite caused all the trees coming into T2G Orlando's MCO to disappear leaving a blank area abroad.

Mitch

Edited by PebbleBeach

Yep, that is exactly what I was experiencing at KMCO...huge black towers instead of trees surrounding the entire area.  I was freaking out until I found the cure.
BTW Mitch (to get off topic), a big thanks to you an David Rawlins for your scenery packages.  Looking forward to KABQ.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for the info here! I thought it was just a weird OOM issue as the 2012 version was still working fine. Have re-prioritized the order and all is good now.

Greg

Sorry to bring this thread back up but I am now having issues with LatinVFR John Wayne Airport scenery. Black/shadow boxes have appeared around static GA aircraft and ground vehicles. I have seen this issue on some airports before and I tried to move the KSNA scenery entry to different points in the scenery library but to no avail. Any ideas? I do have a lot of Imaginesim, LatinVFR, Taxi2Gate, FSDT sceneries so I'm assuming it is a texture confliction somewhere.

EDIT: This is only happening during daytime. The nighttime textures are fine.

SACFqjF.jpgaouYRSM.jpg

Edited by jackralston
Extra info