Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

Any Working WX For P3Dv5 Yet?

I have FS Global Real Weather from Pilots that's supposed to work with P3Dv5 but it doesn't.  It just hangs.

Active Sky and Sky Force 3D aren't available for P3Dv5 yet.

What weather is working with P3Dv5?

active sky is in beta now for V5.  Do some googling. 

• Like 2

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

7 minutes ago, TallTanBarbie said:

I have FS Global Real Weather from Pilots that's supposed to work with P3Dv5 but it doesn't.  It just hangs.

5800X3D | Radeon RX 6900XT

Active Sky in P3D V5. It's beta, but it is working just fine:

UYGK4Vv.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

FSXWX works as a free option. The site doesn't say it has V5 support, but I've been using it and it works fine.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TallTanBarbie said:

Hi there,

What motivates you to spread such misinformation?

FS Global Real Weather works perfectly with P3Dv5, see the screenshot below. If your FSGRW is hanging, then you have an issue with your PC or your P3Dv5 installation, maybe even FSUIPC6 isn't installed correctly on your system. I think many P3Dv5 users fail to understand that trueSKY is implemented as Beta, and thus there will be bugs etc. due to this in P3Dv5 that have absolutely nothing to do with the 3rd part weather engines themselves.

If you are having problems I would encourage you to contact PILOT'S support instead of spreading misinformation at AVSIM.

Cheers,

Jerome

plRy1qB.png

Edited by jzimmermann
  • Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

Hi there,

What motivates you to spread such misinformation?

FS Global Real Weather works perfectly with P3Dv5, see the screenshot below. If your FSGRW is hanging, then you have an issue with your PC or your P3Dv5 installation, maybe even FSUIPC6 isn't installed correctly on your system. I think many P3Dv5 users fail to understand that trueSKY is implemented as Beta, and thus there will be bugs etc. due to this in P3Dv5 that have absolutely nothing to do with the 3rd part weather engines themselves.

If you are having problems I would encourage you to contact PILOT'S support instead of spreading misinformation at AVSIM.

Cheers,

Jerome

plRy1qB.png

There's no bias.  It's just not working on my system.  I've installed the new FSUIPC too. 

2 hours ago, Chock said:

Active Sky in P3D V5. It's beta, but it is working just fine:

UYGK4Vv.png

Who's the maker of this aircraft that works in P3Dv5?

Joe

Joe (Southern California)

SystemI9-9900KS @5.1Ghz/ Corsair H115i / Gigabyte A-390 Master / EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW3 Hybrid w 11Gb / Trident 32Gb DDR4-3200 C14 / Evo 970 2Tb M.2 / Samsung 40inch TV 40ku6300 4K w/ Native 30 hz capability  / Corsair AX850 PS / VKB Gunfighter Pro / Virpil MongoosT-50 Throttle / MFG Crosswind Pedals /   LINDA, VoiceAttack, ChasePlane, AIG AI, MCE, FFTF, Pilot2ATC, HP Reverb G2

3 hours ago, TallTanBarbie said:

Ya, everything is one gigantic beta festival, the sim, the weather add-ons, etc..... Much like an EDM festival, not going unless you want to purchase VRAM OOM, CTD'S, and the always non-pleasurable DGXI hung devices. 🙄

• Like 2

Eric 

20 minutes ago, TallTanBarbie said:

There's no bias.  It's just not working on my system.  I've installed the new FSUIPC too. 

You state "FS Global Real Weather from Pilots that's supposed to work with P3Dv5 but it doesn't."

The wording of your post is misleading, as you are suggesting that FS Global Real Weather does not work in P3Dv5 when it clearly does work.

Have you contacted their support at all?

FSGRW works much better on my system then ASP3D. I had some great cloud variations, nice overcast and good performance! 

FSGRW was the first weather to work with P3Dv5 and I still prefer it over Active Sky P3D Open Beta.
The first release of Active Sky Open Beta had severe issues when switching views of the aircraft like inside to outside. The newer Version is more stable now.

Here is something to compare. Same spot (Milford Sound, NZ), same time:

2020-5-9_20-26-49-829.gif

Ralf

Edited by skystar

9 minutes ago, skystar said:

FSGRW was the first weather to work with P3Dv5 and I still prefer it over Active Sky P3D Open Beta.

Here is something to compare. Same spot (Milford Sound, NZ), same time.

Hi Ralf,

That GIF would have a lot more value if you posted the actual METAR data valid for the time those screenshots were taken.

Cheers,

Jerome

Edited by jzimmermann
  • Like 1