Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
TallTanBarbie

Any Working WX For P3Dv5 Yet?

Recommended Posts

Don't know for sure if there's any METAR for the Milford Sound. But OK, next time I think about the METAR .

Grüße in meine Heimatstadt.
Ralf

  • Like 1

Win10/64 Pro | P3Dv5.x | Ryzen7 2700x on ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi | ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 | ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G | 32GByte RAM | M.2 SSD 970EVO 1TByte (C: System & Programs)| M.2 SSD 970EVO PLUS 1TByte (D: Flightsim only)| SSD 850 EVO (E: Data) | LG 34" 21:9 Monitor via DisplayPort | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Pedals | Logitech G (Saitek) Switch Panel & Multi Panel & Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, jzimmermann said:

Hi there,

What motivates you to spread such misinformation?

FS Global Real Weather works perfectly with P3Dv5, see the screenshot below. If your FSGRW is hanging, then you have an issue with your PC or your P3Dv5 installation, maybe even FSUIPC6 isn't installed correctly on your system. I think many P3Dv5 users fail to understand that trueSKY is implemented as Beta, and thus there will be bugs etc. due to this in P3Dv5 that have absolutely nothing to do with the 3rd part weather engines themselves.

If you are having problems I would encourage you to contact PILOT'S support instead of spreading misinformation at AVSIM.

Cheers,

Jerome

plRy1qB.png

Right now I'm waiting to find out if FSUIPC 6 is loaded.  I'll find out after P3Dv5 gets running -- taking a long time to load.  And it's past midnight in central Europe.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

OK, so here comes another example, this time with the METAR data.

SKBO.gif

FS Global Real Weather shows exactly the current weather, while Active Sky P3D Open Beta doesn't even know it's raining or has a limitation of 9000meters in sight.

Ralf

Edited by skystar

Win10/64 Pro | P3Dv5.x | Ryzen7 2700x on ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero WiFi | ASUS ROG Ryujin 240 | ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX1070-O8G | 32GByte RAM | M.2 SSD 970EVO 1TByte (C: System & Programs)| M.2 SSD 970EVO PLUS 1TByte (D: Flightsim only)| SSD 850 EVO (E: Data) | LG 34" 21:9 Monitor via DisplayPort | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog | Saitek Pro Pedals | Logitech G (Saitek) Switch Panel & Multi Panel & Radio Panel

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, jzimmermann said:

You state "FS Global Real Weather from Pilots that's supposed to work with P3Dv5 but it doesn't."

The wording of your post is misleading, as you are suggesting that FS Global Real Weather does not work in P3Dv5 when it clearly does work.

Except that on her system, it clearly does not, otherwise she wouldn’t say so. You’re attributing motive where there is none. Telling her that it works on your system and giving her suggestions is fine, but you have no basis for accusing her of misleading people. Your tone is uncalled for. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
13 minutes ago, mtr75 said:

Except that on her system, it clearly does not, otherwise she wouldn’t say so. You’re attributing motive where there is none. Telling her that it works on your system and giving her suggestions is fine, but you have no basis for accusing her of misleading people. Your tone is uncalled for. 

yeah, especially when there is one of the absolutely rare females joining our hobby...😁 


Bernd

P3D V5 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA and OrbX

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, mtr75 said:

Except that on her system, it clearly does not, otherwise she wouldn’t say so. You’re attributing motive where there is none. Telling her that it works on your system and giving her suggestions is fine, but you have no basis for accusing her of misleading people. Your tone is uncalled for. 

The tone you are referring to is imaginary in your mind, everything I have written is courteous and factual!

The title of this thread is "Any Working WX For P3Dv5 Yet?", this is followed by a statement "I have FS Global Real Weather from Pilots that's supposed to work with P3Dv5 but it doesn't.  It just hangs.", then leads to the question "What weather is working with P3Dv5?", the sum of this insinuates that FS Global Real Weather is not compatible with P3Dv5, which is misleading, as it is fully compatible.

If someone spends over EUR 30 on a weather engine that is sold as compatible with P3Dv5 and can't get it to work, why come here and tell everyone that it doesn't work with P3Dv5, instead of contacting their support and finding a solution for whatever issue is preventing it from functioning properly?

So yes, I did question the motivation of posting this here instead of contacting their support.

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

So yes, I did question the motivation of posting this here instead of contacting their support.

Honestly, because this happen in many ways in this forums, and this is where many of helping support is starting and you can´t even know if the support isn´t contacted actually but hasn´t respond yet.

But if you are using FSGlobalWX and you are satisfied with it, have you tried to help her figuring out what´s maybe the matter with the "hang". I would, but i´am using AS and though i´am not a real help in this case.😉 


Bernd

P3D V5 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA and OrbX

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, BerndB said:

Honestly, because this happen in many ways in this forums, and this is where many of helping support is starting and you can´t even know if the support isn´t contacted actually but hasn´t respond yet.

But if you are using FSGlobalWX and you are satisfied with it, have you tried to help her figuring out what´s maybe the matter with the "hang". I would, but i´am using AS and though i´am not a real help in this case.😉 

The OP's text here didn't ask for any assistance in getting FS Global Real weather to function. PILOT'S offer support via email and also have a forum that offers assistance, either through the registered user base there or PILOT'S forum support at - PILOT'S Support Forum.

Sure, we could all pitch in and help, but describing an issue with "it just hangs" is rather vague. Screenshots showing what happens step-by-step from the moment the program is launched until it hangs would be helpful, or text describing this in detail. Maybe it's being run in a network environment and there is a network issue, who knows. If I wanted help on a forum I would try to post as much details as possible describing the issue at hand.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
43 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

The OP's text here didn't ask for any assistance in getting FS Global Real weather to function. PILOT'S offer support via email and also have a forum that offers assistance, either through the registered user base there or PILOT'S forum support at - PILOT'S Support Forum.

Sure, we could all pitch in and help, but describing an issue with "it just hangs" is rather vague. Screenshots showing what happens step-by-step from the moment the program is launched until it hangs would be helpful, or text describing this in detail. Maybe it's being run in a network environment and there is a network issue, who knows. If I wanted help on a forum I would try to post as much details as possible describing the issue at hand.

 

 

I do understand absolutely what you mean, and beside that i´am absolutely sure that it wasn´t your attitude to blame someone who raises a topic this way. But it could be mistaken. 

If someone is frustrated and desperate for help he spreads out his shout for help in different ways. No one shall be stopped from raising a discussion like this here depending on if there is an official support else were. I´ve heard about hundreds of user who even spent 199 Dollars to LM and in case there something not working instantly they first raise a thread here instead of get in contact with LM support. But this is for what many of us are here... 

PS: I love to land at EDDL from JustSim. I was flown many times in a year from EDDH to EDDL in reallife and i feel a little bit  at home there...so if you hear the roaring of A320 engines above you it could be me 😁

Edited by BerndB

Bernd

P3D V5 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA and OrbX

Share this post


Link to post
10 minutes ago, BerndB said:

PS: I love to land at EDDL from JustSim. I was flown many times in a year from EDDH to EDDL in reallife and i feel a little bit  at home there...

Hi Bernd,

Yes, it's a great approach over the Rhine river when heading in from the west. EDDL has become very quiet! I am situated fairly close to the airport and now I jump up when I hear a plane taking off, it's such a rarity now! 😄

Last week there was any interesting visitor...see images below, I was able to even photograph the King Air from the kitchen window here!

Cheers,

Jerome

 

vE9CPNi.png

g3UyoJs.png

0iI6gwD.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, jzimmermann said:

Hi Bernd,

Yes, it's a great approach over the Rhine river when heading in from the west. EDDL has become very quiet! I am situated fairly close to the airport and now I jump up when I hear a plane taking off, it's such a rarity now! 😄

Last week there was any interesting visitor...see images below, I was able to even photograph the King Air from the kitchen window here!

Cheers,

Jerome

You are so lucky living near a major airport like DUS. Something i miss these days here at the sea. You even have chance to spot rarity like this KA 👍. I think they took the chance of low occupation at EDDL to recalibrate the ILS and LOC and update the GPS for the SID´s and STAR´s. 


Bernd

P3D V5 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX2080, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA and OrbX

Share this post


Link to post
5 hours ago, skystar said:

OK, so here comes another example, this time with the METAR data.

FS Global Real Weather shows exactly the current weather, while Active Sky P3D Open Beta doesn't even know it's raining or has a limitation of 9000meters in sight.

Ralf

Hi Ralf,

Thanks for the info and comparison!

Herzliche Grüße aus Düsseldorf,

Jerome

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, BerndB said:

You are so lucky living near a major airport like DUS. Something i miss these days here at the sea. You even have chance to spot rarity like this KA 👍. I think they took the chance of low occupation at EDDL to recalibrate the ILS and LOC and update the GPS for the SID´s and STAR´s. 

That King Air 350 is actually a regular visitor here and comes around for calibration services every few weeks, I've seen it a few times. What was a really rare sight was this last week:

FHbyFuX.png

1wyIAiL.png

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, jzimmermann said:

The tone you are referring to is imaginary in your mind, everything I have written is courteous and factual!

Yes, accusing someone of spreading misinformation and questioning their motives is quite courteous! Vielleicht mal in Duesseldorf...

Share this post


Link to post

And that's enough of this. - I might also add that although the OP didn't ask for help with a specific product she also did not ask to be chided for not liking an existing product.

 

Vic

  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

 

P3D#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 2080ti 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
P3D#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors
 

Share this post


Link to post
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    31%
    $7,775.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...