Sign in to follow this  
spilok

What's your LONGEST flight in P3dv5?

Just curious....what's your LONGEST flight in V5?  I've tried some of the 737s, 757s, I've had and used in P3dv4.5 and in every case....the flight becomes a "stutterfest" before 100 miles from destination.  I'm usually at Fl30 or so and everything looks great up until the last 1/3 of the flight.

Say KPHL (Philly) to KDET (Detroit).  Everything works great close to Erie (KERI) and then the "stuff hits the fan" and stuttering along with outside plane textures and VC start to deteriorate quickly.  I usually have to end the flight.

I love V5 but  4.5 never did this to me.  Starting to get a little concerned.

Stan

Took an 800 mile flight the other night Stan in the F35 - was testing AS weather - had no problems at all - with AS or P3D.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

Well. I too today the first time. TNCM to GCLP. 100NM before arriving textures at GCLP blurrie and very washed out. My 8 core 9700k ran hot as never before. Most cores above 80 degrees celsius. Never ever had this before. Had to end the flight to. Flew PMDG 748. This was very strange. Have to figure out what was the cause. Just installed SODE 1.7.0 before. Could that be the cause? 

OIther have issues too after longhaul flight?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Disregard.

Edited by flyinpilot212121

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

16 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

Took an 800 mile flight the other night Stan in the F35 - was testing AS weather - had no problems at all - with AS or P3D.

Vic

Yes.  P3d Default airplane.  That figures.  Mine were not default.

Stan

• Upvote 1

CYVR-CYUL (FT)..... unload, fuel,  load, push back....CYUL-EDDF(Aerosoft)....and haven't shut down or restarted ...so, close to 13 hrs,  smooth like a butter... really nice....Night "drive" didn't like it, for some reason V4 is lighter, or moon is brighter or stars are brighter, not sure what it is. Today on way back had two CTD...looks like GSX2 since it happened exactly after request for "good engine start"...but again I am with Q787 which might not be compatible...so far only issue I had so far.

Edited by cyyzrwy24

Alex 

Today EHGG - BIKF - CYYT no problems at all, great flight! Flysimware Learjet and FSGRW, cockpit setup with Air Manager, Reality XP 750. Great Fps and visuals!

Edited by rob0203

455 mile cargo flight in a DC-3: EGCC to EDDK. Not a long way, but a long time in a DC-3.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Around 1400 nm.
MMUN Cancun to TNCM Princess Juliana with a Modded Carenado FA50 + GTN750, at FL380.
Using:
HiFi ASP3D Beta.
UTX Tropical America & Caribbean.
ORBX Global.
FSimStudios MMUN & FlyTampa StMaarten TNCM.

Gorgeous Flight.

Edited by RamonB

I haven't flown much lately due to lack of both time and, frankly, interest. But yesterday I decided to reinstall V5 with the hotfix and then install PMDG 744 to do a test-flight. It was about 800NM. Only add-ons in my V5 right now are the aforementioned 744 and ORBX. Must say I was impressed. Smooth performance and no hiccups what so ever. My computer ran way cooler than on V4 for some reason. Only thing I kind of noticed was that the colors seem a tad too saturated..?

My system: AMD3900X 32GB 2080Ti. Sim installed on M2 SSD. 

• Like 1

Richard

7950x3d   |   32Gb 6000mHz RAM   |   8Tb NVme   |   RTX 4090    |    MSFS    |    P3D    |      XP12  

Those having suddenly FPS problems while P3Dv5 is running for some time, try this: go in the menue, change any setting and then click on "cancel". It restored my FPS several times...

Greetings, Chris

Intel i5-13600K, 2x16GB 3200MHz CL14 RAM, MSI RTX 4080 Gaming X, Windows 11 Home, MSFS

I also found that REX SkyForce, which I was originally using for weather before Active Sky got updated, could be a culprit.  I did stop using it for weather, but I was STILL USING IT FOR CLOUDS AND SKY.

I believe that because it is NOT READY for V5, it caused stuttering as the flight moved on.  I stopped using it last night and things became very smooth...so  I think that may be the issue.

BTW, what are you all using for skies and clouds?  Are you just using the clouds that form in Active Sky and P3d?

Stan

Edited by spilok

I'm using ASCA with ASP3D Stan.

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

3 hours ago, spilok said:

I also found that REX SkyForce, which I was originally using for weather before Active Sky got updated,

I am flying first time with SF and ASP and it works nicely for me...will see. WX gets injected properly....

Alex 

3 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

I am flying first time with SF and ASP and it works nicely for me...will see. WX gets injected properly....

You're using SF for weather AND ASP for weather? Both?

Stan