Sign in to follow this  
Hamish100

Asobo Can We Please See A Full Flight?

Dear Asobo

Loving all the screenies and I am sure I can say that we are very  much looking forward to the IFR video later this month but at some stage I would love to see a full flight even if its just the Cessna doing a short run from one GA Airport to another maybe Darrington to Concrete in the Seattle Area which is about a 10 minute flight. You may be waiting for the NDA to be lifted before we can see anything like this but I thought there is no harm in asking......

Many Thanks

Hamish

• Like 9

That's not something which is needed from Asobo.

It will surely happen once the NDA is lifted from the usual youtubers and streamers.

• Like 3

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

I approve this message

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

19 minutes ago, Krakin said:

I approve this message

I second your approbation

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

15 hours ago, Hamish100 said:

Dear Asobo

Loving all the screenies and I am sure I can say that we are very  much looking forward to the IFR video later this month but at some stage I would love to see a full flight even if its just the Cessna doing a short run from one GA Airport to another maybe Darrington to Concrete in the Seattle Area which is about a 10 minute flight. You may be waiting for the NDA to be lifted before we can see anything like this but I thought there is no harm in asking......

Hamish

Thanks Hamish, and I know the community discussed this a few months back. My take is the same now as it was then.

A full flight implies a full flight experience which you can't do because the sim is in alpha so it's very likely were Asobo to do that they would get unecessarily called out on features that were not finished. This is why we have an NDA currently.

Ok so fine how about you just show us what is polished, so they decide to take out ATC for example then people will still complain saying it's not representative of the full sim experience. Which ever way you slice it even if it meets your 'requirements' Asobo come off badly.

The only way this can be done is when the product enters an Open Beta at the earliest, so right now it's not fair on us and certainly not fair on Asobo. Remember Asobo have to gauge the wider public reaction and what you percieve as full flight video may well not be what others would think and Asobo might see that as too great risk this stage in development.

Not saying it won't happen, but to do this video justice I think the sim probably needs to be a little closer to completion.

Edited by dtrjones
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, dtrjones said:

that they would get unecessarily called out on features that were not finished.

You can bet on that. Agree with you. Makes no sense to show a full flight before the NDA is lifted and Youtubers / Streamers will do.

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

30 minutes ago, tweekz said:

You can bet on that. Agree with you. Makes no sense to show a full flight before the NDA is lifted and Youtubers / Streamers will do.

It actually kind of does. When XO19 was going on they released 30+ min footage of the sim over around 9 cities, and the sim was nowhere near its current form.

• Like 2

The only way this can be done is when the product enters an Open Beta at the earliest, so right now it's not fair on us and certainly not fair on Asobo. "

I don't agree with that. Already at the MS 2020 preview event in Seattle in September 2019, some of the youtubers (Froogle, Airboyd,etc) were allowed to fly wherever they wanted in the world, and they didn't rapport any major flaws with the scenery, and the Video MS showed of the preAlpha looked pretty awesome to me. It was offcourse in the Seattle area which are one of the places MS/Asobo has payed extra attention to, BUT that's also why I think they could make another video iin one of the more "finished" areas ie. the San Francisco area. So a short flight from ie. San Jose up to and around Golden Gate and land at KSFO, must absolutely be possible. And I don't care about missing ATC, so saying it isn't fair to Asobo to show off what it looks like today,I can't see that.

• Like 2

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

I agree it would be nice to see some real flights in MSFS instead of the little snippets they give us.  The reality is, however, that Asobo engages in marketing just like every other business, so they're only going to show us the prettiest areas.

I doubt that the entire world is going to look as good as what they've showed us so far.  I'll be pleasanlty surprised if I'm wrong.

Dave

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

1 hour ago, andree-jets said:

It actually kind of does. When XO19 was going on they released 30+ min footage of the sim over around 9 cities, and the sim was nowhere near its current form.

Correct me if I am wrong, but those were only parts of flight. There you can easily control what to see. With a full flight you will also show stuff that probably isn't as perfect as you want it to be and the chance that nitpicky people find new things to complain increases exponentially.

I just don't see a benefit for Asobo in doing so before they think it's fit for a lift of NDA / public beta.

• Upvote 1

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

1 hour ago, dave2013 said:

I agree it would be nice to see some real flights in MSFS instead of the little snippets they give us.  The reality is, however, that Asobo engages in marketing just like every other business, so they're only going to show us the prettiest areas.

I doubt that the entire world is going to look as good as what they've showed us so far.  I'll be pleasanlty surprised if I'm wrong.

Dave

I see no reason why it wouldn't, as the entire world is mostly generated automatically, by AI.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

Listen, I don't care if they choose the prettiest, most polishedest, best case scenarioest flight path, I just want to see a flight from start to finish, ok?

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

5800X3D. 32 GB RAM. 1TB SATA SSD. 3TB HDD. RTX 3070 Ti.

I'd much rather have it released, and then I can fly it myself. 😂 

What would be helpful to me is to see a large airliner fly at 250kts below 10,000ft down to a landing at 130kts. I want to see how well the scenery is updated. Three demos, one with an internet speed of 30Mbps+, a second at 10Mbps and a third at 2Mbps.

The Cessna-style demos are all lovely but how much does tooting along at 120kts really push the system?

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather