Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

GarminTrainer+F1GTN750+Windows 2004

There were some discussions about this topic in an other thread but I got lost somehow.

It is known that Garmin Trainer does not work well with the newest Windows 2004 and thus the Flight1 GTN 750/650 doesn't work either. It was also said that I can roll back to an earlier version of the Trainer. But until now, I was not able to do so. Currently I have the Trainer Package 2700 installed which works fine with F1GTN750 under Windows 1909 but will not work with 2004.

What steps are needed to go back to an earlier version of the Trainer which works with F1GTN Complete (v 2.18). I would appreciate any step-by-step guide for a dummy like me (at least in this case).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

- Uninstall Garmin Trainer 2700
- Find and download Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0 (Trainer Setup here and GTN setup here)
- You can install the database from the 2700 package, if you downloaded and extracted that package earlier, it is located in "setup_resources\databases\2.6.0.0\Databases_Setup.msi"
- When you launch the F1 GTN Config Tool, it will say you are on a wrong version of the trainer, but you can click No to continue and still use the tool
- You can launch the trainer or just go into P3D and use one of your GTN equipped planes to make sure it is all working.

There is no special procedure needed to switch between versions. Just uninstall one, and install the other.

• Upvote 5

Great, many thanks. I'm "back" to Windows 2004 now and enjoy my A2A C172 with its GTN750. It seems that the 750 gauge textures are sharpened now too. Now with 10GB vRAM for P3Dv5 I'll test @Skywolfs  settings.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Could you guys point me to the correct procedure to make any trainer update work with the Flight 1 GTN?

I installed the 2700 Trainer (since I'm not yet on the new Windows version) and I can't get the Flight 1 GTN speak to the trainer. 

Disregard my question, I had an outdated version of the Flight1 GTN installed. Updating helped.

On 5/13/2020 at 4:22 AM, Prpn said:

- Uninstall Garmin Trainer 2700
- Find and download Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0 (Trainer Setup here and GTN setup here)
- You can install the database from the 2700 package, if you downloaded and extracted that package earlier, it is located in "setup_resources\databases\2.6.0.0\Databases_Setup.msi"
- When you launch the F1 GTN Config Tool, it will say you are on a wrong version of the trainer, but you can click No to continue and still use the tool
- You can launch the trainer or just go into P3D and use one of your GTN equipped planes to make sure it is all working.

There is no special procedure needed to switch between versions. Just uninstall one, and install the other.

Where can I find the Databases_Setup.msi file? I can't seem to find any file where I can extract that installer. Think I may have answered my own question... is it in this file? https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14141

Edited by JasonPC

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

Where can I find the Databases_Setup.msi file? I can't seem to find any file where I can extract that installer. Think I may have answered my own question... is it in this file? https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14141

Yeah, it's in the setup package of the latest Garmin Trainer. You can extract that package and then follow the folder structure I described.

The only setup package I could find was 2.4.0.0 which included an older database from 2018.

1 hour ago, JasonPC said:

The only setup package I could find was 2.4.0.0 which included an older database from 2018.

I'm not sure I understand your question though.

Make sure you have the right definitions to 1.18 then install the GTN 2.18

then uninstall the trainer and reinstall the 2700. you shouldn't have to install a database you need to install the entire garmin trainer and the GTN will "find" it.

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

19 minutes ago, FPStewy said:

I'm not sure I understand your question though.

Make sure you have the right definitions to 1.18 then install the GTN 2.18

then uninstall the trainer and reinstall the 2700. you shouldn't have to install a database you need to install the entire garmin trainer and the GTN will "find" it.

If you install the full Garmin Trainer 2700 package it will run like a slideshow in Windows 10 May Update (aka 2004). So you combine an older trainer with the latest databases. Haven't had any issues with this way of installing it yet.

Just now, Prpn said:

If you install the full Garmin Trainer 2700 package it will run like a slideshow in Windows 10 May Update (aka 2004). So you combine an older trainer with the latest databases. Haven't had any issues with this way of installing it yet.

That's exactly how it works with Win10(2004).

- Harry 

Yeah for some reason I couldn’t find the full 2.7.0.0 zip on garmin’s website. On the download page they had linked to 2.4.0.0

16 hours ago, JasonPC said:

Yeah for some reason I couldn’t find the full 2.7.0.0 zip on garmin’s website. On the download page they had linked to 2.4.0.0

the link is in Prpn's post

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

How do you properly uninstall the GTN Trainer? I don't seem to have any entries when going to Windows Uninstall.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU