Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

GarminTrainer+F1GTN750+Windows 2004

Thanks a lot, @Prpn, the GTN now works fine, no slideshow 👍. BUT: the G600 from F1 now is out of order, the F1 G600 will not find the Garmin G600 Trainer 🤔.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

Unfortunately I can't really help you there, I have no experience with that product. I only own the GTN Complete.

It might be as easy as installing the G600 Trainer from the newer package but not sure if that works. 

Funny, I'm also experiencing the slowdown with the F1 GTN, but the Reality XP GTN 750 does not suffer from any such performance issue with 2004.

I uninstalled the 2700 GTN trainer and ran the MSIs tagged in earlier in this thread but was not able to get it to work so I went back to 2700.

Reality XP had a significant discount on their packages so I decided to buy those yesterday.

I do hope F1 gets this sorted out, though as the RXP GTNs are not supported by all A2A aircraft.

• Like 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

32 minutes ago, richbonneau said:

RXP GTNs are not supported by all A2A aircraft.

It's a matter of a few moments work to convert the F1(supported in the A2A config) to RXP so that shouldn't be an issue.

• Like 1

Eva Vlaardingerbroek, an inspiratiom.

I dont want to sound like a prude . But why is reality xp gtn not having these problems. I have been a faithful customer of Flight1 for sometime. I am confused why the architecture of Flight1 can be so different when both run off the same trainer .

On 5/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, Prpn said:

- Uninstall Garmin Trainer 2700
- Find and download Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0 (Trainer Setup here and GTN setup here)
- You can install the database from the 2700 package, if you downloaded and extracted that package earlier, it is located in "setup_resources\databases\2.6.0.0\Databases_Setup.msi"
- When you launch the F1 GTN Config Tool, it will say you are on a wrong version of the trainer, but you can click No to continue and still use the tool
- You can launch the trainer or just go into P3D and use one of your GTN equipped planes to make sure it is all working.

There is no special procedure needed to switch between versions. Just uninstall one, and install the other.

Could you provide a link to the Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0? I cannot seem to find a copy. Or after uninstalling version 2700, can I use the trainersetup.msi (which you kindly provided) with the 2700 trainer?

Grateful for any help. 

Thanks & kind regards

Shane

2 minutes ago, shane25 said:

Could you provide a link to the Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0? I cannot seem to find a copy. Or after uninstalling version 2700, can I use the trainersetup.msi (which you kindly provided) with the 2700 trainer?

I uninstalled 2700 then tried running those installers but it didn't seem to do anything.

• Upvote 1

ASUS TUF Gaming Z690-Plus ▪︎ Intel i9-12900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 4090Ti ▪︎ 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo ▪︎ Windows 11 Home ▪︎ 3x Western Digital Black SN850 2TB NVME SSD ▪︎  ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair HX1000 Platinum PSU ▪︎ Fractal Design Meshify 2 ATX Case

On 5/13/2020 at 10:22 AM, Prpn said:

- Uninstall Garmin Trainer 2700
- Find and download Garmin Trainer 2.3.1.0 (Trainer Setup here and GTN setup here)
- You can install the database from the 2700 package, if you downloaded and extracted that package earlier, it is located in "setup_resources\databases\2.6.0.0\Databases_Setup.msi"
- When you launch the F1 GTN Config Tool, it will say you are on a wrong version of the trainer, but you can click No to continue and still use the tool
- You can launch the trainer or just go into P3D and use one of your GTN equipped planes to make sure it is all working.

There is no special procedure needed to switch between versions. Just uninstall one, and install the other.

That seems to have done the trick for me - thanks for the heads up 🙂

Ian

1 hour ago, ianpartridge said:

That seems to have done the trick for me - thanks for the heads up 🙂

Ian

What step am I missing regarding the instructions above?

- Uninstalled 2700

- downloaded the trainer setup and GTN setup from above.

When I click on either of them it says please wait while it configures the launcher.

Nothing else happens after that

8 minutes ago, ha5mvo said:

@richbonneau

Is the database still intact? what do you have in C:\ProgramData\Garmin\Trainers\Databases  ??

Nothing, I did a full uninstall of 2700 through add/remove programs.

23 hours ago, Prpn said:

Unfortunately I can't really help you there, I have no experience with that product. I only own the GTN Complete.

It might be as easy as installing the G600 Trainer from the newer package but not sure if that works. 

Thank you for your answer. Unfortunatly the newer G600 Trainer doesn't work with the older GTN-Trainer: No GPS Position on the G600, no SynVis. But the GTN 750/650 is much more important, so thanks a lot for your help making the screens as fast as before Win10 2004.

Allways three greens,
Markus

VFR-Flightsimmer.de

3 hours ago, ianpartridge said:

it is located in "setup_resources\databases\2.6.0.0\Databases_Setup.msi"

Just a heads up. Make a copy of the content of that directory before you begin this process. When I uninstalled the trainer it removed those files from my PC. I had to install 2700 again to get the database files and start again.

Now it works, Thanks for the solution.

Johan Pienaar

44 minutes ago, Pidder said:

@richbonneau You will find this Databases_Setup.msi in the file "GarminTrainerSetup_2700.zip" from the Garmin website.

That did the trick.

- uninstall 2700

- install database setup from 2700 zip file

- run the two installers in the previous link

Thanks!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1