Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Opinions About The Vertx Diamond DA62

Being a fan of super-modern GA planes, not sure how I missed this.

Looking for opinions from owners, regarding:

Texture quality, especially the virtual cockpit.

Performance

Flight dynamics

Functionality of the G1000

Does the plane come with a decent manual/tutorial flight?

Thanks!

Very nice aircraft, beautifully modelled.

Only problem is you get zero support and no user forums. No one has heard from the developer in a long time.

Uses the default nav database - no Navigraph compatibility.

It would seem it is abandonware.

• Upvote 3

David Porrett

1 minute ago, DavidP said:

Uses the default nav database - no Navigraph compatibility.

So the G 1000 just straight up loads default P3D flight plans?

• Like 1

Well i enjoyed it in P3dv4.5. Exceedingly well done. Have no real world experience in a DA62 but it feels nice..G1000 close to real thing and run up apparently matches real world behaviour..Would love to port it over to v5.

14 minutes ago, ray hughes said:

Well i enjoyed it in P3dv4.5. Exceedingly well done. Have no real world experience in a DA62 but it feels nice..G1000 close to real thing and run up apparently matches real world behaviour..Would love to port it over to v5.

I also enjoyed it in v4.5 despite its nav database issues - however have tried it in v5 and whilst it loads fine, it seems not to want to start!

Intel i7 7700K @5.1Ghz, 32Gb DDR4, P3D v5.3 / MSFS running on Samsung 970evo plus Nvme SSD, Nvidia RTX2080ti
Samsung 55" curved 4KHDR display, Oculus Rift CV2

The G1000 is not the standard one, it may be not 100% like the real thing but it is not a cheap simulation.

Texture are very nice, it's a joy to fly like any real air aircraft, performance are good no issue with them. Only drawback as mentioned is the future of this addon and compatibility with future p3d version.

Now real air provide update compatibility for their previous aircraft even when the company was closed so we can hope we will have the same compatibility patch release et some point. 

If you're on v4 get it you won't regret it if you are looking at v5 maybe wait to be sure it is compatible.

I have no intention of installing P3Dv5 still on v4 - how is the manual?

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Performance

Flight dynamics

Thanks!

Video I did at the time of the Vertx release, comparing it to a Carenado Diamond Twin. Should give you a good look at the Vertx and its capabilities:

• Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

9 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

Performance

Flight dynamics

Thanks!

Google is your friend.

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/546928-vertx-da62-has-launched/

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/545408-vertx-da-62-news-released-on-dec-14th/

The plane is beautiful inside and out, performance is based on your hardware, flight dynamics are excellent, the G1000 is as good as you're going to get because most G1000 are basic in FSX/P3D/XP, and there are several documents that come with the plane.

It's a must have if you want a complex GA twin.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 5/13/2020 at 2:27 AM, CharlieBravoUK said:

I also enjoyed it in v4.5 despite its nav database issues - however have tried it in v5 and whilst it loads fine, it seems not to want to start!

I have heard this before, and it is stated as such on the FSElite Compatability page. However, my installation in V5 works like it is supposed to - no issues. The starting behavior is a bit different, in that the engines seem to "cough" when they first start, but they do start.

John Howell

Prepar3D V5, Windows 10 Pro, I7-9700K @ 4.6Ghz, EVGA GTX1080, 32GB Corsair Dominator 3200GHz, SanDisk Ultimate Pro 480GB SSD (OS), 2x Samsung 1TB 970 EVO M.2 (P3D), Corsair H80i V2 AIO Cooler, Fulcrum One Yoke, Samsung 34" 3440x1440 curved monitor, Honeycomb Bravo throttle quadrant, Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals, Thrustmaster T1600M stick 

Hate to say it.  I purchased the first day it was out and I was enthusiastic about it.  But now I have to call it as I see it.  It's an abandoned project.  There is no reason to believe it will get any further attention from the developer.  I would not recommend it if you are particular about accurate systems.  The G1000 doesn't do what a G1000 is supposed to do.     

• Upvote 3

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS

3 hours ago, jalbino59 said:

Hate to say it.  I purchased the first day it was out and I was enthusiastic about it.  But now I have to call it as I see it.  It's an abandoned project.  There is no reason to believe it will get any further attention from the developer.  I would not recommend it if you are particular about accurate systems.  The G1000 doesn't do what a G1000 is supposed to do.     

But is sure is pretty.  🙂 

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

21 minutes ago, vgbaron said:

But is sure is pretty.  🙂 

No doubt she is.....  Only skin deep. 😗

Edited by jalbino59

Jose A.

Core Components: AMD Ryzen7 7700X - G.Skill FlareX 32 GB DDR5 6000 CL36 (XMP)  - Gigabyte B650M Aorus Elite AX  - Asus ROG Strix RTX3060 12gb

Storage: WD Black SN750 NVMe 1TB - AData sx8200 Pro NVMe 1TB - Samsung 860 EVO 500GB - Samsung 870 EVO 1TB

WIN10 - P3D v.5.3 HF2 - XPLANE 11 - MSFS