Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Opinions About The Vertx Diamond DA62

I bought it. So far so good. Overall, I'm satisfied.

A couple of things:

1) There are no manuals for the simulation. Only a 50 page general guide and two links to the "real thing" on the Diamond and Garmin websites. I consider developers who just point you to the real manual as extremely lazy. To be honest, I'm not going to plow through a 601 page manual to figure out what is and isn't simulated. Ditto for the G1000 manual, I mean, it's a nice read but it's not identical to what's modeled in the sim.

2) It would have been nice to have - similar to what Carenado does - a pop up to open doors.

Developers who abandon their projects should state on the project's website: "This product is no longer supported".

will work on V5 with a little help . Beware Vram massive need a 1080 ti to run in vr with 1024 textures

Colin hodds

I7 9700K,nvidia 3090 ,ssd ,32gig 3200mhz ram ,win10,prep3d

On 5/13/2020 at 12:01 PM, Bushido5 said:

The G1000 is not the standard one, it may be not 100% like the real thing but it is not a cheap simulation.

Texture are very nice, it's a joy to fly like any real air aircraft, performance are good no issue with them. Only drawback as mentioned is the future of this addon and compatibility with future p3d version.

Now real air provide update compatibility for their previous aircraft even when the company was closed so we can hope we will have the same compatibility patch release et some point. 

If you're on v4 get it you won't regret it if you are looking at v5 maybe wait to be sure it is compatible.

Just to be clear. It is not a RealAir aircraft but a private project by Vertx unconnected with the former RealAir Simulations.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

I've tinkered around with it. So far so good.

However, I have a problem: While the screens are sharp and crisp the surrounding buttons and labels have a lot of shimmering and are hard to read and blurry. What is the optimal setting to get everything crisp and sharp. I'm using the no-mip map textures 4XMSAA and texture resolution ultra. 

The second problem I have is that I can't get it to power down completely. Selecting the "cold and dark" option in the config app still leaves the electrics on as evidenced by the fact that upon loading the plane into P3D I immediately have ATC. On occasion, the Garmins are still on. I always load addon planes after the default scenario in the P3D loading screen, never from a saved flight. 

Thirdly, on my second flight the MFD froze while "loading data" and I couldn't get it to "unstick". Quite annoying. 

Edited by Ricardo41

5 hours ago, robert young said:

Just to be clear. It is not a RealAir aircraft but a private project by Vertx unconnected with the former RealAir Simulations.

Do you know what happened to the said author of the product?

All seemed to be going just fine, then nothing at all.

Not a hint of support or even an aknowledgement - just nothing.

The author (Sean I believe) hasn't passed on or assended to the next life per chance?

Edited by Rogen

Ryzen 5800X clocked to 4.7 Ghz (SMT off), 32 GB ram, Samsung 1 x 1 TB NVMe 970, 2 x 1 TB SSD 850 Pro raided, Asus Tuf 3080Ti

P3D 4.5.14, Orbx Global, Vector and more, lotsa planes too.

Catch my vids on Oz Sim Pilot, catch my screen pics @ Screenshots and Prepar3D

3 minutes ago, Rogen said:

Last time I heard he was having family issues (illness).

I’ve been flying the DA62 for hundreds of hours and I’m used to A2A quality. I don’t understand people complaining that it’s a dead project. It was released fully functional and even though I like some support and updates, it’s already close to perfect.

No manual but you can read the official manual, it’s all there. It’s a very modern plane, checklists and procedures are easy to follow IRL and in the sim. I don’t understand what people need more...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Karelpatch said:

Last time I heard he was having family issues (illness).

I’ve been flying the DA62 for hundreds of hours and I’m used to A2A quality. I don’t understand people complaining that it’s a dead project. It was released fully functional and even though I like some support and updates, it’s already close to perfect.

No manual but you can read the official manual, it’s all there. It’s a very modern plane, checklists and procedures are easy to follow IRL and in the sim. I don’t understand what people need more...

Amen! Some users were hoping for VC rain effects and a few other enhancements, but it's still an excellent GA that I'm sure can still be used in P3D v5.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

34 minutes ago, DJJose said:

Amen! Some users were hoping for VC rain effects and a few other enhancements, but it's still an excellent GA that I'm sure can still be used in P3D v5.

I wish there was a functional de-ice system (dummy buttons unfortunately) and a better G1000. Buy I’ve yet to find another P3D plane with such a nice G1000. Using FSAerodata and Navigraph I have all updated frequencies and procedures.
Plane management would be nice too (Wear and tear, etc.)

Other than that, this plane is vastly superior to most of the GA paywares out there, except A2A of course. 

Its almost as if people would prefer a badly coded plane with plenty of updates to fix the issues rather than something excellent from the day it was released.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Karelpatch said:

I wish there was a functional de-ice system (dummy buttons unfortunately) and a better G1000. Buy I’ve yet to find another P3D plane with such a nice G1000. Using FSAerodata and Navigraph I have all updated frequencies and procedures.
Plane management would be nice too (Wear and tear, etc.)

Other than that, this plane is vastly superior to most of the GA paywares out there, except A2A of course. 

Its almost as if people would prefer a badly coded plane with plenty of updates to fix the issues rather than something excellent from the day it was released.

A2A is great but at a price. When you consider the cost of this DA62 vs the one offered y Carenado, this one is a no brainer. 

Just the AP alone is worth it.

• Upvote 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

8 hours ago, Rogen said:

All seemed to be going just fine, then nothing at all.

Not a hint of support or even an aknowledgement - just nothing.

The author (Sean I believe) hasn't passed on or assended to the next life per chance?

I know as little as anyone else. We haven't been in touch for three years.

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

On 5/16/2020 at 8:09 PM, robert young said:

I know as little as anyone else. We haven't been in touch for three years.

Methinks he's busy working with Microsoft making his fine aircraft compatible with the imminent FS 2020 (the DA62 is one of its default planes)

Edited by luckyb52

The Vertx DA62 is great fun.  The autopilot is excellent - the G1000 is the best available but could be even better. App hold is excellent! It looks fantastic and flies mostly like a dream.  There are a few issues! Heading turns are like a fun fair ride (which maybe the case in the real craft - I have no idea).  Movement on the ground needs about 60% power just to get started! I often loose my terrain and airports on the MFD and have to reinstall the plane to get the overlay back!  VRam usage is massive for this little beast.

Ok a couple of little adjustments that have eased my pain:  Aircraft.cfg

induced_drag_scalar    =0.90000 (helps to get moving on the ground)
toe_brakes_scale =0.95000  (needed at Lukla)
max_bank=20 //1.8 (autopilot)
max_bank_acceleration=3 //1.8 (autopilot)

As for Sean, I wish him the best with the DA62 having been selected as one of the default craft in MSFS 2020 - no doubt they stopped him improving the existing version under contract.  Hopefully, his agreement will allow him to re-engage with all those who paid for this version after MSFS has launched!

• Like 1

I tried Carenado DA62. I uninstalled it after a bit. Just will have to live without a DA62 I guess. The Vertx model was a whole lot more enjoyable. I'm not reinstalling 4.5 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700F CPU @ 2.90GHz (8 cores) Hyper on, Evga RTX 3060 12 Gig, 32 GB ram, Windows 11, P3D v6, and MSFS 2020 and a couple of SSD's

On 7/9/2020 at 8:40 AM, Colind88 said:

As for Sean, I wish him the best with the DA62 having been selected as one of the default craft in MSFS 2020 - no doubt they stopped him improving the existing version under contract.  Hopefully, his agreement will allow him to re-engage with all those who paid for this version after MSFS has launched!

What makes you think he developed the MSFS version? They don’t “feel” like they are from the same developer. 
Based on his complete radio silence I have assumed he passed away. Sad for his family and his customers. 

On 5/13/2020 at 10:02 AM, Ricardo41 said:

Being a fan of super-modern GA planes, not sure how I missed this.

Looking for opinions from owners, regarding:

Texture quality, especially the virtual cockpit.

Performance

Flight dynamics

Functionality of the G1000

Does the plane come with a decent manual/tutorial flight?

Thanks!

Maybe you'll like this... 

• Upvote 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776