Sign in to follow this  
PilotPete99

Majestic Q400 Nose Wheel Steering Not Working

Hello - I just recently purchased the p3d v4 upgrade for the Majestic Q400. I spent some time watching some tutorials and got everything working great, except for one issue. I can't get the nose wheel to turn on the ground, so steering is impossible. I do have steering activated in the cockpit, so that should not be a problem. I have read several posts all over the place regarding this issue, and have attempted various solutions but I cannot seem to solve this issue. Has anyone here had this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? FYI, I don't have the payware version of FSUIPC.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

7 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Hello - I just recently purchased the p3d v4 upgrade for the Majestic Q400. I spent some time watching some tutorials and got everything working great, except for one issue. I can't get the nose wheel to turn on the ground, so steering is impossible. I do have steering activated in the cockpit, so that should not be a problem. I have read several posts all over the place regarding this issue, and have attempted various solutions but I cannot seem to solve this issue. Has anyone here had this issue, and if so, how did you solve it? FYI, I don't have the payware version of FSUIPC.

Cheers, Pete

I haven’t used it in a very long time but from what I remember there’s a button you need to hold on the keyboard while turning I think... it might be “,” but I might be thinking of another add on. 

Edit- it might actually be that you need to assign an axis to the tiller I remember now I was using the joysticks roll for it.

Edited by Ridvan Celik

To be honest, I just roll the view out and use the mouse on the tiller in the VC. It seems to work pretty well.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

Before starting P3D, open the Majestic control panel located at [Your file structure]\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4\SimObjects\Airplanes\mjc8q400\cpan\mjc84cpan.exe

Go to the tab 'Flight Controls'.

At 'Steering Control Mode' select 'Ailerons+Mouse'.

Click 'Apply'.

With the Control Lock over the throttle levers engaged and steering activated in the cockpit, whenever you turn the yoke, you get a direct amount of turn with nosewheel steering.
Once the control lock is removed, steering is via the rudder pedals down the runway for take-off.

• Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter

Thanks for the responses. I will try these solutions later after I am done working. FYI, I have played around in the control panel and do currently have the steering control set to "Ailrons + Mouse." Maybe I don't have the control lock in the proper position so I will check that out.

Cheers, Pete

Just now, rmeier said:

If you are using FSUIPC (I assume you are), the "Steering Set" is not applicable to the Majestic Q400...you need to assign a different variable...I think Spoiler.

https://forum.simflight.com/topic/85557-majestic-dash8-tiller-assignment/

I don't have the payware version of FSUIPC, but FWIW it did try the spoiler assignment as that was one of the possible solutions I found while searching last night. Very strange issue. I did post this in the Majestic Forum as well but many of the failed solutions came from there.

Cheers, Pete

Got it working now, thanks to all for your assistance.

Cheers, Pete