Sign in to follow this  
micstatic

V5 Dynamic Lighting

I'm curious what LM is doing regarding this problem.  Using the only official release i have (PMDG 747) I'm noticing huge inconsistencies with dynamic lighting.  Well lighting in general.  But flightbeam airports, Imaginesim ATL, FSDT MEM.  Probably others.  Dynamic lighting is not working at all on the aircraft.  However I've used a few other airports with dynamic lighting where it does work.  Everybody seems to be saying it's a V5 problem.  What's the story here?  Finally, there are some DL situations that nail my fps.  When typically i'm able to maintain my locked 30 without problems.  Ever.  But in these DL sceneries if I move under a spot where there is DL, my fps goes down 10-15.  

PS: The other lighting i'm referring to is on the PMDG and the taxi / landing lights.  They are basically useless.  Incredibly weak.  PMDG has said it's a P3D problem.  Really hoping all this gets sorted out.  

• Like 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

The dynamic light was an issue in v 4.x aswell. At some point LM got that sorted and hopefully they will with V5. But some issues are also related to the add-ons. There where many airport add-ons, which had issues with DL, especially if you arrive at the airport. So there were many updates for add-ons just for DL. Like T2G EDDM, LFPG, or Aerosoft EDDF, EDDK, etc.

I guess, because the behavior of illumination has changed with the new TrueSky rendering, LM and the add-on developers needs to takle that out and i´am sure they will.

Bernd

P3D V6 -  PC spec: Intel i9-9900 overclocked 5 GHz HT off, 32 GB RAM, GPU Nvidia RTX3090 24GB, 2xM2 SSD, Skalarki HomeCockpit and Jeehell FMGS on a dedicated Server, PF3 for ATC, MCE, GSX, EFB, AS+ASCA+ENV and OrbXpf3-supporter.gif

i just hope there is some standard and some easy way of making a quick migration so everything gets fixed quickly.  Right now we have this terrible mix of DL that either doesn't work.  Works perfectly.  Works but kills frames terribly.  Works but is ugly...

• Upvote 1

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next