Sign in to follow this  
albar965

Little Xpconnect Updated to 1.0.19 for X-Plane 11.50

Little Xpconnect Updated to 1.0.19 for X-Plane 11.50

Direct download: Windows - macOS - Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 18.04) - Linux (64 bit, based on Ubuntu 16.04)

• Fix for potential crash with new X-Plane multiplayer/tcas implementation as of 11.50. This fixes a problem which can crash X-Plane if you use Traffic addons injecting more than 20 aircraft.

Thank you!

I started looking for this patch after recent crash. Is there a chance for LNM client to prompt user about outdated plugins?

1 hour ago, MikeDelta said:

I started looking for this patch after recent crash. Is there a chance for LNM client to prompt user about outdated plugins?

Nope. Not in this case since only the plugin was updated and not LNM. The crash happens only with traffic addons anyway.

For other cases:
I always state in the changelog when users should update their plugins if there are bugfixes.
Very simple solution: Update everything for each new release!

Maybe I'll break compatibility with Xpconnect and Navconnect on purpose with the next release to force people to update.

Alex

Hi, since X-Plane now publishes the ICAO-Type of the other planes in

sim/cockpit2/tcas/targets/icao_type

will littlenavmap use this information and display it on the map instead of using the user's ICAO-Type?

Christian Wendt

Boeing777_Banner_Pilot.jpg

Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Line_Pilot.png

No Problem. Is the change needed in LNM, in the connector, or in both of them?

Christian Wendt

1 hour ago, CCole said:

No Problem. Is the change needed in LNM, in the connector, or in both of them?

Most likely only in Xpconnect.

I'll check if I can pull this into the next 2.6 release. Depends on effort. No promises as usual. 🙃

Alex

• Like 1

I'll try to help as much as I can. I thought maybe the connector fed the information into LNM, and up until now the datafield was filled with the player-ICAO as a placeholder. Then it would be quuite simple, I assume, as you already pull the positional data.

Cheers,
Chris

Christian Wendt

Hi Chris,

the data is transported using the SimConnectAircraft and derived classes. These are based on FSX/P3D which both provide much more data than X-Plane. This is so for the user aircraft and even more for AI.

I already pull all available data which includes positional data.

Datarefs are defined here: https://github.com/albar965/littlexpconnect/blob/master/src/xpconnect.cpp#L42-L150
AI aircraft are populated here: https://github.com/albar965/littlexpconnect/blob/master/src/xpconnect.cpp#L456-L495

The class DataRef already encapsulates the XP interface functions and also allows to read arrays.

Maybe we should take this discussion offline. You can send me a PM or an email.

Alex