Sign in to follow this  
HighBypass

Aeroplane Heaven Ctrl-Ezy?

I presume AH's Concorde (see other thread) would be a teensy bit more involving. However, I note that the first product in the Ctrl-Ezy range is the IA-58 Pucara. 

https://www.control-ezy.com/index.php

I for one, don't mind the "lite" er side of aircraft. Let's face it, some GA aircraft are "lite" even with full system representation. :happy:

However, back to the Fortress (not the B-17), the Pucara seems like it would be fun to tool around in even if the clickable switches in the VC may not do much. IMHO the Pucara looks to be not unattractive (the eye candy model seems to be spot on) and it does have 6 guns up the front end! When it wasn't a target for Sea Harriers some time ago (no politics, just a fact), the plane seems to be similar to the OV-10 Bronco without the cargo space and a shorter range, but a little faster.

Perhpas over the years, my tastes have changed (I still have firm favourites) and I'm no longer all about fast jets in the sim (Phantom II is always a favourite!), so I've got more than a few aircraft with propellers.

I may well buy it for FSX when it comes out.

Will Ctrl-Ezy be too "lite" ? No idea as yet.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

1 hour ago, HighBypass said:

Will Ctrl-Ezy be too "lite" ? No idea as yet.

To be honest there are plenty of add-on aeroplanes which do the same thing - i.e. use default controls - so I presume these will sell pretty well and be kind of fun as they're not too different from a lot of products in that respect. Without anything too fancy going on under the hood, I should think they'll be comparatively easy to shoehorn into the new MS sim too, and so easy to get up for sale pretty pronto, which is probably what AH have in mind. The first few new and inexpensive aeroplane add-ons for a new sim invariably sell like hot cakes.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

There was a bit of concern at one of the other flightsim forums about the "panel" for this particular model. Not sure how it will shake out in the final product, but as it was explained by the developer, it will not have a full virtual cockpit.

Probably still a 1st day purchase for me, just to see what it is.

Edited by yurei
  • Like 1

As new addon aircraft for FSX are, not unexpectedly, starting to dry up a little now, some previously unavailable aircraft types would certainly be welcome for that platform. Depending on what they chose to develop, I would most likely buy some of these but, as with most ‘Lite’ products, how much I would use it after the first flush of enthusiasm is debatable! The Pucara however is a bit of a niche aircraft as a first release for a new brand and, as such, may not attract a large amount of buyers but it will be interesting to see what else emerges from AH under this line assuming Ctrl-Ezy survives.

Bill

Edited by scianoir
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, yurei said:

as it was explained by the developer, it will not have a full virtual cockpit

Where was it explained? I can't see in the page linked from here.

I'm curious about the Pucará. Maybe it's because I live in the city where this plane was built, and have seen them in the real world (at least some preserved units in universities).

• Like 1

Best regards,
Luis Hernández 20px-Flag_of_Colombia.svg.png20px-Flag_of_Argentina.svg.png

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

6 hours ago, Luis Hernandez said:

Where was it explained? I can't see in the page linked from here.

I'm curious about the Pucará. Maybe it's because I live in the city where this plane was built, and have seen them in the real world (at least some preserved units in universities).

search sim-outhouse for "pucara".

• Like 1

Just received an email from AH regarding the Pucara Ctrl-EZY

Whilst it is configured for CTRL-E to start the plane, you can turn on the battery, turn on the avionics then there's a switch which autostarts the engines (the same switch shuts them off also).

Each Ctrl-ezy plane will be different but in the Pucara’s case you could do the following ( why I dont know )
1. Hit the “refuel all tanks to 100 % “switch
2. Then go to the right panel where all the missile safety switches are and from left to right.
- Turn on the battery
- turn on the avionics
- hit the autostart switch.
3. You have now started the pucara.

My emphasis regarding each plane will be different, so if the market for this takes off (pun intended!) then there may be varying amounts of "lite"ness.??

AH said that these planes would be for the "kick the tyres and light the fires" crowd and gave me a similar warning that the plane may not be for me, much the same as the one Ray got regarding Concorde.

Au contraire, I reckon at this stage I'll still pick one up. I've even asked them if they will be releasing a paint kit.

EDIT - I think I found the link explaining the VC idea

http://www.sim-outhouse.com/sohforums/showthread.php/118888-Cntrl-E-pilots-please-read/page3?s=6f1ff171f07d5d6243636b6d87715ef2

I "think" there will be a 3d cockpit modelled, but it will just be nice artwork, something to reference when using my hat switch to look left or right whilst flying, looking for the object of interest or the airfield, not looking left or right for a specific switch. I don't have a problem with that personally.

Edited by HighBypass
  • Upvote 2

Mark Robinson

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

3 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Thanks. I've read it. If it's like the JF DC-8 (that is actually theirs) or the Swift regarding VC detail, I guess it will be OK for me: a small and quick plane for a quick trip around. The P-40 I have for that mission is too complex, and I'm not always in the mood for following checklists. Just give me the speeds (V1/Vr/V2, climb and Vref) and power settings (TO/GA, climb and cruise) and it will be all fine for me.

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Main rig: self built, AMD Ryzen 5 5600X with PBO enabled (but default settings, CO -15 mV, and SMT ON), 2x16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM, Nvidia RTX3060 Ti 8GB, 256 GB M.2 SSD (OS+apps) + 2x1 TB SATA III SSD (sims) + 1 TB 7200 rpm HDD (storage), Viewsonic VX2458-MHD 1920x1080@120 Hz, Windows 10 Pro. Runing FSX-SE, MSFS and P3D v5.4 (with v4.5 default airports).

Mobile rig: ASUS Zenbook UM425QA (AMD Ryzen 7 5800H APU @3.2 GHz and boost disabled, 1 TB M.2 SSD, 16 GB RAM, Windows 11 Pro). Running FS9 there... sometimes on just battery! FSX-SE also installed, just in case. 

VKB Gladiator NXT Premium Left + GNX THQ as primary controllers. Xbox Series X|S wireless controller as standby/travel.

I wonder how they are progressing with the Pucara? I feel the need to hot dog down some valleys in a counter-insurgency role. Or just fly around the Falklands - Malvinas to you Luis. I've no desire to cause any argument regarding names of places. You're from Argentina (or CoIombia, or both!), I'm from England. I would hope we can agree to disagree in this case and that we can both enjoy flying the plane in our sim (if it's any good), and compare notes. 😎

Mark Robinson

I'm actually Colombian, but living in Argentina. I'm not as sensible as some people here, that get offended because someone uses "Falklands" when speaking in English (really?). So, no offense taken at all 😊

13 hours ago, HighBypass said:

I would hope we can agree to disagree in this case and that we can both enjoy flying the plane in our sim (if it's any good), and compare notes.

I'm also looking forward to fly this plane!

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Like 1

Best regards,

UPDATE - Pucara now available.😎

https://secure.simmarket.com/aeroplane-heaven-ctrl-ezy-ia-58-pucar-fsx.phtml

Pay attention to their video. One slight bit of disappointment is the lack of VC modelling. I think we - the customers and AH might have been getting their wires crossed. I was expecting to see some kind of VC when I panned my view around - craning my neck to look over the cockpit sill when looking for the runway and still expect to see the cockpit tub, canopies and panels - even if nothing on those panels actually worked. I now fully realise what AH were getting at.

Now I don't know if AH might patch in such VISUALS ONLY at a later date or not.. They did say it's not for VR, and I guess they would indeed be right..

However, the externals look great - you can vary the loadout it seems. The sounds seem good. I'm awaiting a flight video.😎

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

12 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Pay attention to their video. One slight bit of disappointment is the lack of VC modelling. I think we - the customers and AH might have been getting their wires crossed. I was expecting to see some kind of VC when I panned my view around - craning my neck to look over the cockpit sill when looking for the runway and still expect to see the cockpit tub, canopies and panels - even if nothing on those panels actually worked. I now fully realise what AH were getting at.

I saw the video yesterday, and I didn't like it at all. One thing is having a bad VC, but this is too much. I mean, I'd prefer this Pucará to have simply a 2D panel than this partial VC. For the time being, I pass.

12 hours ago, HighBypass said:

Now I don't know if AH might patch in such VISUALS ONLY at a later date or not.. They did say it's not for VR

Let's hope so. VCs in FS have been for longer than VR...

Edited by Luis Hernandez
  • Upvote 1

Best regards,

Review from me in progress. Coming soon.

• Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I'll see if I can live with the lack of modelled VC when flying around in the circuit. It would have been good to have a non-functioning cockpit tub even if we would not see the wings and engines.The zoom level used when in the cockpit might have some aspect, good or bad, on my immersion. I am still interested.

Chock, you read my mind, sir! I had mentioned in my post about the Pucara over on Sim Outhouse that I would like to see a flight video in addition to the startup/shutdown already published. I would also hope that there is some documentation provided for us non-Spanish speakers/readers to tell us what the warning lights are for etc. not that I couldn't take a good guess, and use the interwebz also 😎

Mark Robinson

Wow that Vc is pretty bad. Even without vr or track ir I would want some basic views set up for it in the circuit and you can’t even do that.

• Upvote 1