Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX PNW - my problem child

I have ORBX PNW and most ORBX airports of this area installed. When I fly with my A2A C172 in the extended Seattle area I have a great chance for CTD. I've tried with moderate settings (vRAM<5GB), with and without ai traffic, with and without DrzewieckyDesign SeattleX, with and without TruesSky, with and without F1GTN750, ....

Is there anybody in this round who can fly a C172 (A2A) over ORBX PNW in Seattle area without experiencing a CTD here and then? If yes (means no CTD), please could you provide your settings?

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I also crash, and also BSOD. I've tried OrbX PNW, Nor Cal, SoCal, all BSOD in the A2A C172. I've tried lowering my settngs too. I see it always happen about 5-10 minutes into the flight.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

A2A had a C172 update a couple days ago 20.05.11 regarding windsheild.dll causing CTD's. Run the A2A 172 updater app. Going to try flying in the Orbx PNW, Narrows, Seattle area now and test. This is my first flight in this area BTW.

Edited by BillS511

I fly around there all the time. We have a hub in FSEconomy out of Friday Harbor and fly all over the area in the A2A 172, 182 and Bonanza. Now I don’t have the DD Seattle but the PNW rendition, and several other orbx airports besides KFHR all work just fine for me. Usually with TrueSky on and active Sky now.

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Yep, I fly mostly in this area and nearly all my flights end in CTD.

Got all NA Regions except Southern California and also many ORBX airports for those regions.
In my case spawning or flying TO or FROM most of those ORBX airports causes Prepar3D v5 +HF1 to CTD most times >90%.
This problem has been reported by several users over at the ORBX forums. No solution yet!

Currently avoiding all ORBX areas and flying somewhere else. Got UTX Tropical America & Caribbean with addon airports and none cause P3D CTD's. Using TrueSky + HiFi ASP3D beta. Smooth as butter.

Edited by RamonB

I see that I'm  not the only one with this issue. I thought it was just me. I'm doing more testing though to see if I can see what is causing me to crash and sometimes BSOD.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

Flew out of Orbx KTIW over default KSEA, KBFI, Seahawk Stadium. CTD 6 miles south of Orbx 0S9. Error log reported as VCRUNTIME140.dll. Maxed at 5.6/6.7GB VRAM. Going to load up at 0S9 without weather (ASPD) and what happens.

Edited by BillS511

Hi guys,

I don't ever recall having any issues in PNW especially with A2A in this stable region.  I suggest that you contact Orbx on their support forum threads regarding this. 

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

55 minutes ago, CaptainNick said:

I fly around there all the time. We have a hub in FSEconomy out of Friday Harbor and fly all over the area in the A2A 172, 182 and Bonanza. Now I don’t have the DD Seattle but the PNW rendition, and several other orbx airports besides KFHR all work just fine for me. Usually with TrueSky on and active Sky now.

If you have S43 (Harvey), could you fly the KFHR-S43 leg @ 4500ft when you find some time? I usually crash when I'm approaching S43 (5-8 nm to the airport).

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I just BSOD at KHAF area. 2nd time and this time I used the default plane so it's not A2A.

@Nemo Heading to Paine Field out of Orbx 0S9 Johnson County now will continue to S43.

@Nemo CTD 5.21 north of S43.
VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Is this the same error everyone else is getting?

20 minutes ago, BillS511 said:

@Nemo CTD 5.21 north of S43.
VCRUNTIME140.dll error. Is this the same error everyone else is getting?

Yes, got exactly the same error. VCRUNTIME140.dll. I've now deactivated S43 and voilà, at least approaching S43 from KFHR works now.

- Harry 

Never had any issues in PNW, neither in v4 or v5. For me, one of the most stable regions you can fly in. Of course, YMMV depending on aircraft and add.on settings. But I am pretty sure that the region is not the culprit. I started virtual flying there and always come back with good memories and new experience. KSEA and the city are a hog though, but that's well known. 

Hans