Sign in to follow this  
Nemo

ORBX PNW - my problem child

While I dont have the a2a aircraft i fly with almost max settings in v5, texture exp in the cfg with a value of 10, 4k resolution, 100pct ai (aig) and no problems anywhere in that area. I have dd seattle city but use t2g ksea and do have orbx pnw. Here is the thing for me though. Through some lucky foresight, when i bought my 1080ti about a year ago i chose to get the 11gb model so i have yet to have any kind of crash like this. The only thing i see is maybe fps hit slightly in lax, jfk or egll with jfk by far the bad one at around 25fps ave. It unfortunate you guys are having problems as its truly an awesome sim when working as it is on my set up.

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3

1 hour ago, hjsmuc said:

Never had any issues in PNW, neither in v4 or v5. For me, one of the most stable regions you can fly in. Of course, YMMV depending on aircraft and add.on settings. But I am pretty sure that the region is not the culprit. I started virtual flying there and always come back with good memories and new experience. KSEA and the city are a hog though, but that's well known. 

Maybe the ORBX PNW scenery itself is not the problem but the one or the other add-on airport could be a trouble maker. At least S43 is one. But I have many others in this area.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

Squamish (CYSE) is another, turning on to final and its straight through stargate back home to the desk top. that's with the default airport, 

bob

19 minutes ago, onebob said:

Squamish (CYSE) is another

Let me try this again. I just checked it a few days ago with a take off for visuals only. Which aircraft did you use?

Hans

3 minutes ago, hjsmuc said:

Which aircraft did you use

It was on approach rw 33,Cessna T206 Soloy, odd the take off was ok. Normally have the Orbx Airport addon but its not available for v5

bob

I'm also having CTD with Orbx PNW area airports. When it happens, it is the VCRUNTIME140.DLL. I think it is related to objectflow/people flow. I've starting dialing down the PeopleFlow and grass or natureflow at many of the Orbx airports I have in the PNW area. Seems to help...you might give this a try and see if it helps.

• Like 1

PC: 10900K, RAM 32GB, Geforce GTX 3080 (10GB), MSFS 2020, FSX-SE, XP-11, P3DV4.5, P3DV5 

Another version 5 problem child is LVFR KMIA.Drags my system to it's knees. I can fly the Crenado C208 around PNW but SOCAL drags me down. Goodness changing to a new sim is a hemroid. Waiting and watching for main addons to be updated drives me nuts. Thewx radar doesn't work in PMDG QOTS because RR is waiting on HiFi to fix something and no FS2 Crew because Bryon is waiting for Robert to fix the SDK. It's enough to make a body throw up his hands and take up something constructive like gardening. Or maybe not.

Vic green

I just did a flight from Skagit to Renton in the A2A Bonanza with RXP GTN 750... I have Skagit installed but not any of the others in the area (Harvey, Monroe etc).  There is a definite set of extreme pauses and stutters heading south when you get abeam of KAWO, as stuff starts to load from Seattle.  Then some more around KPAE.  I half expected to get the dreaded driver hang because the sputtering was that extreme, but everything held together after a few seconds.  It could be that with Harvey installed there is just a perfect storm in that area?  I don't know, it is a mystery how much of this works under the hood for me - Objectflow/Peopleflow certainly could be a contributor - I know that often needs updates from Orbx anytime there are new version updates.  I am using Skywolf's settings and seem to be having success so far with the Bonanza.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

2 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

I'm also having CTD with Orbx PNW area airports. When it happens, it is the VCRUNTIME140.DLL. I think it is related to objectflow/people flow. I've starting dialing down the PeopleFlow and grass or natureflow at many of the Orbx airports I have in the PNW area. Seems to help...you might give this a try and see if it helps.

I had the VCRUNTIME140 error a few times last weekend in that area... I thought it was related to the Carenado Premier I was flying but maybe it is what you are suggesting.

Edited by PurdueKev

- Kevin

Windows 10 / i9-10900k / Zotac RTX-3080 Trinity OC (12GB) / MSI MEG Z490 ACE mobo / Corsair H150i RGB PRO XT liquid cooler / 32GB Corsair Vengeance LPX 3333MHz C16 DDR4 RAM / Dell Alienware AW3418DW WQHD 3440x1440 GSync / Samsung 970 EVO Plus M.2 2TB (OS) & 860 EVO 4TB SDD / WD Caviar Black 4TB HDD  / EVGA Supernova 850 G5 PSU / Be Quiet Dark Base Pro 900 rev 2 case / Virpil Warbird base with ThrustMaster Warthog HOTAS grip / MFG Crosswind rudder pedals / Virtual-Fly TQ6+ throttle quadrant / Winwing Orion HOTAS F-18 Throttle / Virpil TCS+ collective base with Hawk-60 grip / Saitek Trim Wheel / Saitek Radio and Switch Panels / Winwing Combat Ready Panel / Tobii 5

8 hours ago, flyblueskies said:

Interesting find. ORBX xyFlow is nice, it is not the most important thing for me (except objectflow). Unfortunately, it is extremely cumbersome to convince ORBX developers that it might be one of their products that's causing trouble. They usually shift the responsibility to others.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

I do not own the A2A 172, but I have the Bonanza. I made a flight from Whidbey (W10) to KPAE to KBFI and finally to KSEA. At 3:50 into the video I show my settings and you also see the add-ons I have installed, especially the ORBX stuff in that area. Traffic is AIG (all airlines and GA) and Nielsen ships.Simulator load time to startup screen is 5 min.

https://vimeo.com/418356650

The highest VRAM value was 6,3 in outside view. Stutters are clearly visible, but no crash. I did flights lasting two to three hours in this area, no chrashes.

Here is my Prepar3D.cfg:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/1lq7w6up75ruhjv/Prepar3D_Karl.cfg.txt?dl=0

I'm on I9-9900K@5,0 all cores, 2080TI, 32GB DDR4@3200, M.2, 4K

Karl

i9-9900K@5,0   |  32GB 3200  |  2080TI  |  4K 55"  |  MSFS | P3D V5

Just another CTD. This time at ORBX KTIW (Tacoma Narrows) approach. Maybe it was coincidence, but it happened exactly when I changed the radius in the F1GTN 750. Sim was at 6.8 GB vRAM (from 10.0). Sometimes it appears to me that if I interact with aircraft gauges and a so-called long frame happens at the very same time I get a CTD.  

Edited by Nemo

- Harry 

3 hours ago, Nemo said:

Interesting find. ORBX xyFlow is nice, it is not the most important thing for me (except objectflow). Unfortunately, it is extremely cumbersome to convince ORBX developers that it might be one of their products that's causing trouble. They usually shift the responsibility to others.

You may notice an update to Objectflow.

15 minutes ago, Reader said:

You may notice an update to Objectflow.

Not yet. Central does not show anything to update.

- Harry 

Could it be just for those in the "fastlane", or is that you as well?