Sign in to follow this  
Skywolf

Headsup Win 10 - 2004 (19041.264) - Awesome VRAM management

Hey guys,

Looks like the people at MS has fixed the VRAM issue which was in the build 1909.  It is back to where it was.  On start up or just when everything is closed - VRAM consumption is 500MB - which has usually been the case as before.  Things are back to normal.  I am the latest Release Preview which should be approach final or this is it for May 2020 Feature Update.

Your sims and gpu will thank you.

Remember you DO NOT need to look at your gpu memory consumption - this is not FSX or system memory.  Things go back and forth with VRAM.  

It looks like a super stable Windows 10 Release.  I am loving it. 

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/05/12/releasing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19041-264-to-the-slow-release-preview-rings/

Edited by Skywolf

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

Yes I know - I joined the Insider Program but I can’t update as the process bombs out with a page fault due to some systems file.(Sentinel) 

really sick of it.

you really need it if you only have 8Gb VRAM:-(

Quick ?  Did you just run the fast iso? Will it disrupt current prepar3d install and accessories? Other words  is this just like running an update ?

thanks in advance

steve 

Edited by sluihn

On 5/13/2020 at 2:20 PM, Skywolf said:

Hey guys,

Looks like the people at MS has fixed the VRAM issue which was in the build 1909.  It is back to where it was.  On start up or just when everything is closed - VRAM consumption is 500MB - which has usually been the case as before.  Things are back to normal.  I am the latest Release Preview which should be approach final or this is it for May 2020 Feature Update.

Your sims and gpu will thank you.

Remember you DO NOT need to look at your gpu memory consumption - this is not FSX or system memory.  Things go back and forth with VRAM.  

It looks like a super stable Windows 10 Release.  I am loving it. 

https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2020/05/12/releasing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-19041-264-to-the-slow-release-preview-rings/

I have NOT participated in the insider program since the initial WIN 10 was released. Can you refresh my memory on how to get the update?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 hours ago, DJJose said:

I have NOT participated in the insider program since the initial WIN 10 was released. Can you refresh my memory on how to get the update?

Your all going to get if you don't block windows 10 updates, and that seem to be the problem with some users. Windows 2004 is the first major 2000 update 04 the month so instead of MAY or September update the next may be W2009 0r W2010.

• Like 1

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

13 hours ago, DJJose said:

The way I did it is - I went to the listed link - Windows Insider page, logged in with a Microsoft account (it is a outlook.com account) - signed up and downloaded the iso.  I did a clean install but in windows in system settings there should a option for windows insider access - you just have to click it, sign in, and then update pc - 

You do have to choose your ring - Slow, Fast or Release Preview.  Do not sign up for any FAST ring.  That ring is active branch; meaning updates are every week.  Chances of things breaking are high (they mention that also).

Slow ring is once a month and then there Release Preview Ring - which is even slower than Slow ring.  Those 2 rings should be good.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windowsinsiderpreviewadvanced

• Like 1

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

So it’s safe to say that Prepared runs fine with the 2004 update 

Angus Rowlands: i7 8700 RTX Asus Strix 2080, 16 GB RAM