Sign in to follow this  
CPC900

After Validation, Pilot2ATC Won't File Flight Plan!!

Trying to do a flight from CYHZ-LFPG in the PMDG 777-200LR aircraft.  Flightplan was created with SimBrief.  The flight plan validates in Pilot2ATC, but WILL NOT file.  Usually, pilot2atc works fine, but this one will not work.  The part that word not allowed me off, is that, it gives you NO indication what could possibly be the problem.

I have also tried to "Auto Plan" the same flight plan from within pilot2atc, but to no avail.  I love pilot2atc 99% of the time; when this happens that 1% is a huge annoyance!

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Hmmm, seems like no flight plan for any aircraft can be filed anymore; validates, but no filing 😞  Not sure what changed.  I did update to the latest version of Pilot2ATC, btw.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Bruce,

Email (admin@pilot2atc.com) the P2A log file for one of these flights and I'll have a look.

P2A Log files are located in: C:\Users\<UserName>\AppData\Roaming\P2A_200\Logs where <UserName> is your PC user name. 
Portions of the path may be hidden by default, so be sure Windows Explorer has Show Hidden Items checked in the View tab.
Dave

Edited by Dave-Pilot2ATC

Ok, will do.  It worked last night again, with no problem, but with a different aircraft and route.  I will try again now and see.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Ok, it works fine again.  The problem is, I have no idea why it wasn't before:)

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Nope, the sayit functionality would not work, so I could not get any radio transmissions to load.  So, I restarted pilot2atc and the original problem with filing was the same :(  I will send the logs.

Bruce

Bruce Wood

Bruce,

Thanks for the log files.  I was able to load and file the CYHZ to LFPG flight without any problem.  I didn't see any relevant errors or other obvious problems in the log.

Based on the other issue that cropped up, it sounds like you may need to reboot your PC to clear things out.  

If that doesn't fix it, then you may need to install the latest update again to ensure all the P2A files are clean.

Yeah, I gave up trying to figure it out.  I will probably just reinstall the main program again onto my main computer.  The networked system has brought different headaches over time 😞

When I had everything working, before various windows updates and P3D updates, all was amazing.  Now I am getting too old and impatient to keep fixing stuff, I guess.

Bruce

Bruce Wood