Sign in to follow this  
Quasimodo

Prepar3D V5 CTD Observation

Boy is this ever frustrating! Any CTD's which where declining for me and on the increase again.

I have tuned my system pretty well turned down several sliders so really getting great performance.

Best I've seen. Period!

So what I notice about the majority of CTD's is that they occur on the run up to take off. Its had to say

but perhaps just as a wheel is leaving the ground. So I recall that there was something new in the list

of new feature pertaining to ground contact. I wonder if anyone else can corroborate?

Did you update your A2A C172? There is a new one just a few days old.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

26 minutes ago, Nemo said:

Did you update your A2A C172? There is a new one just a few days old.

Yes I did before that. I got a CTD in the exact spot on my previous attempt of that scenario before and after applying the A2A 172 update. So I know it has nothing to do with that. I think its got something to wheels leaving the ground. The majority of CTD i have seen seem to happen right at that point no matter where or what aircraft. Although I do have another theory I am about to try.

Edited by Quasimodo

7.1 GB vRam...? Can't see it ...is it correct?

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

37 minutes ago, cyyzrwy24 said:

7.1 GB vRam...? Can't see it ...is it correct?

Its correct. I have completed flight where the log showed it over 8GB. Rob Ainscough posted videos showing VRAM up to 12 or 13GB with an RTX Titan.

33 minutes ago, Quasimodo said:

Its correct. I have completed flight where the log showed it over 8GB. Rob Ainscough posted videos showing VRAM up to 12 or 13GB with an RTX Titan.

Not sure how you guys getting that high...I never crossed more than 4 so far and all loaded to the  right almost...LOl but that's OK....

Virtual Air Canada - Alex Luzajic

4K Display, 4K textures, Addons, maxed water settng, all reflection, virtually everything maxed out. shadow quality, distance and boxes checked. Max dynamic reflections etc. etc. etc.

The limit is 30fps. Whatever your system can do and maintain over 30fps. And that's for Videos. For my unpublished flying I'm looking for just over 24fps at 24hz. A 8086K at 5.3ghz with a 2080ti and 4400Mhz CL18 packs a lot of punch.😁

Another attempt, this time got of the ground and mad it to approach.

I have a couple of storage HDD drawers on my case with sata ports.

Every now and then windows gives them a spin and it pauses the entire

system for a second. I normally keep them unplugged unless I have to

copy something to one of them. Sometimes I forget they are in.

They where in when I got that CTD.

I was wondering if the CTD corresponded to windows spinning they up

and that caused P3D to go buzzerk. Any with them unplugged I did'nt get the

CTD at that point so I cannot rule it out.

Here's another Its a bit longer but I thought I'd show off the TrueSkt/ASP3D weather:

So To that exact same flight again but a a later time in the day. Got the CTD at the same spot. I figure it has something to do with airport scenery.

I thing something is incompatible is loading and causing the CTD. I think its something to do with addon airport.

Are all your addons compatible been updated with correct installers by the Devs, or have you like some have sideloaded addons from V4.5, I ask this because since the HF even some third party addons have had to pulled or patched. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

Just out of interest, having you email/posted over at the LM forums? I'm really mindful of all of the P3D V5 threads here that talk about issues but that don't get reported to LM. I have no idea if they puruse these forums but I'd also be posting over there to ensure they're aware and see what they say about it. Don't get me wrong, I'm not suggesting it's an issue on your system alone as so many people seem to be reporting CTDs

• Upvote 1

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

what happens if you untick shadows cast/recieve section to only the first two ?

Also shadows to medium in general - i am interested

Michael Moe

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

10 hours ago, BillS511 said:

@Quasimodo Just curious. Is it a VCRUNTIME140.dll error?

I don't know, I have error reporting unchecked. But I'll have to get serious about now to get to the bottom of this.

7 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

Are all your addons compatible been updated with correct installers by the Devs, or have you like some have sideloaded addons from V4.5, I ask this because since the HF even some third party addons have had to pulled or patched. 

Its strictly only addons with V5 Installers in to V5 with HF. Hmmm! I've got only the ORBX addons that show up under my product for V5, The only addon aircraft in there is the A2A C172, ASP3D, FB, FSDT and FT airports, all with V5 installers. EZCA V3.1 for V5. Then there is AIG AIM 0.9.4.5. That's huge so I suppose it could be in there. Then there is TrackIR. I think tha'ts everything. I guess I'll start on a process of elimination today If I have time.

7 hours ago, KL Oo said:

Just out of interest, having you email/posted over at the LM forums?

Not yet. I was hoping that some here recognized it and knew the fix. But It's getting to that point at this stage.

6 hours ago, Michael Moe said:

what happens if you untick shadows cast/recieve section to only the first two ?

I'll give that a try.

Thanks for feedback and suggestions

Edited by Quasimodo