Sign in to follow this  
Yuval350

vPilot with FLAi.

Hello everyone.

Yesterday I bought P3D v5. I'm interested in connecting to the Vatsim network so I downloaded vPilot and FLAi for the model matching. vPilot only recognizes the default model that came with P3D and I am having a lot of trouble getting vPilot to recognize the FLAi models installed not in the P3D folder. I tried reading this topic 

but It they use way too complicated words in the post. I tried searching the FLAi .vmr file but couldn't find It. I have no idea what to do.

Can someone please help me?

Thank you very mcuh.

Yuval.

I create a D\FLAI folder, my P3D is in F\Folder. I put the addon.xml of FLAI in the Document\PDV5\Addon Folder.

The FLAI.vmr is in the vpilot directory. Just open it via vpilot

If you don't place the addon.xml it dont' work (vpilot don't recognise the folder)

And it works

Edited by guit32
  • Like 1

Guillaume LE MENTEC

P3DV4.3/Windows 10/i5 4670 K@4.2

Ok, but how do you create an ad - on.xml file? I'm also wandering what's the size of the .xml file because I have limited space on my C drive.

Cheers

Yuval.

for me it was a very simple deal.  Went to documents/Prepar3D v4 Add-ons and copied the FLAi folder to the documents/Prepar3Dv5 add-ons folder.  that's all I did and it works just like it did in V4

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Yeah, me too Seems like It's resolved, I was just snooping around my PC when I noticed a FLAi folder in the Prepa3D v4 addons folder. I just copied It across and It works flawlessly.

Thank you for the help.

Yuval.

• Like 1

Slightly off topic but does anyone know of a forum where we can suggest to FLAI models that are missing for a future "wish list", eg. I had a BA A350-1000 ahead of me on VATSIM and it was in Airbus stock colours, and I always seem to get vPilot red alerts for "Beech Barons" not matched. I would love to see a Concorde model but I undertand that is not possible unless there is a freeware AI model and there is not one for P3D?

Thanks 

Afaik, the only A35K AI model available is the payware one from FSPXAI. While you can add it yourself to FLAi, there's a very slim chance you'll see a free one pop up anytime soon.

i7-13700KF, 32gb DDR4 3200,  RTX 4080, Win 11, MSFS