Sign in to follow this  
Harrier77

ORBX software continuous Enabled Addon

13 minutes ago, SteveW said:

That's what it should do.

Perhaps the sim isn't closing properly, so then maybe the details are not saved correctly requiring enabling each time? Try starting up and go through the procedure of enabling each with Yes, then close the sim before flight. There's a difference between install types, the add-ons section enables migrated scenery.

If all fails reinstall the sim and install ORBX to external library.

Thanks Steve, but no joy; I'm still getting the same scenery activation popups after trying closing P3D at the startup screen. Reinstall P3D? Um, I think I'll post-pone that for awhile.

Maury Pratt

4 minutes ago, Maury Pratt said:

Thanks Steve, but no joy; I'm still getting the same scenery activation popups after trying closing P3D at the startup screen. Reinstall P3D? Um, I think I'll post-pone that for awhile.

Try this:

Without P3D running, start up Central.

Go to Settings / Insertion Points.

Change the Insertion point.

Change it back to what it was.

This forces Central to update the scenery config file.

That should be all it takes :smile:

Beats reinstalling P3D..

• Like 1

Bert

Good idea Bert. Makes me wonder if some other thing is installed that upsets the list.

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

19 minutes ago, SteveW said:

Good idea Bert. Makes me wonder if some other thing is installed that upsets the list.

Checking this now, using P3D Addon Organizer (current version). It's fixed!

Addon Manager reported that an FSDT exclude file was present in the scenery file twice; fixed automatically.

Thanks Steve and Bert for your insight and for jumping on this so quickly.

Edited by Maury Pratt
Found solution

Maury Pratt

7 minutes ago, Maury Pratt said:

Checking this now, using P3D Addon Organizer (current version)

This has happened to me before and (in my case) forcing Central to redo its thing fixed it.

Not sure how PAO comes into it.. :cool:

Bert

1 minute ago, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure how PAO comes into it..

Bert, I tried PAO to check for mis-placed add-on scenery files in relation to the Orbx files. That was ok, but the warning message about the duplicate index entry came up when I clicked on "save"; clicked on that ok and selected "replace scenery index" or something to that effect. Then started P3D and it loaded normally.

Maury Pratt

2 minutes ago, Maury Pratt said:

Bert, I tried PAO to check for mis-placed add-on scenery files in relation to the Orbx files. That was ok, but the warning message about the duplicate index entry came up when I clicked on "save"; clicked on that ok and selected "replace scenery index" or something to that effect. Then started P3D and it loaded normally.

Bingo, same effect, using a different tool.

Well done!  

Bert

I've not had this problem with scenery or addons. Whatever causes the problem is still an unknown...

PAO seems to have solved the problem for me too.

• Like 1

CPU: Intel Core i9-9900K, XMP OC | GPU: ASUS ROG Strix RTX 2080Ti 11GB | MoBo:  ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F | OS: Windows 11 Home 64bit | RAM: 32GB 3466MHz DDR4 | HD: 2TB Samsung 970 EVO M.2 PCIe SSD, 3TB HDD | MSFS 2020

Most likely an older package installs and disorganises the list. Recreating the list sets it back up OK.