Sign in to follow this  
Hammer308

Carenado Premier 1A fps issue

Recently purchased & installed the Carenado Premier 1A in FSX and am having serious framerate issues.

As per Carenado, the sys. requirements are : 3Gb Pentium, 4Gb RAM, a 512 vcard, Windows 10 & 1.1 Gb of HD space.

Am currently using the following sys. : Win 10/64bit, FSX with Acceleration Pack, an i7 8700 3.2Gb 6-core, GTX1050Ti 4Gb vcard (will be upgrading to a GTX2060 by 1st June), 

and 32Gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666 RAM.   All of which beat the Carenado requirements.  After I get the new vcard, will hopefully be installing it in P3d.

However, when in the Sim, I'm only getting .5 fps!

Have already tried various other settings, with no luck.  The Carenado website has no info on this that I could find. Which is why I'm trying here.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanx.

What other add-ons are you running in the sim? That might have some bearing on the issue. Have you tried taking off from a little used airfield in the middle of a desert somewhere rather than downtown Chicago for example?

Sorry if the questions seem silly, but it's a start.

• Upvote 1

Mark Robinson

Part-time Ferroequinologist

Author of FLIGHT: A near-future short story (ebook available on amazon)

I made the baby cry - A2A Simulations L-049 Constellation

Sky Simulations MD-11 V2.2 Pilot. The best "lite" MD-11 money can buy (well, it's not freeware!)

No other major addons ( such as AS16, etc. ) installed at all, and using my local AP in upstate NY, which I have never had a problem with.

In fact, this a/c is the ONLY one I've had this issue with. Not even the Dino Catanneo F-35, or Flight1 B200 caused this problem.

5 hours ago, Hammer308 said:

However, when in the Sim, I'm only getting .5 fps!

Well that doesn't sound right!

I use the Premier 1A in FSX on a computer that is only a little more powerful than yours and I have no problems with poor frame rates. I would suggest uninstall and reinstalling it just in case the installation was corrupt and if that fails try a fresh download and reinstall in case the download became corrupted in some way.

The only potential issue using the Premier 1A with FSX (and other 32-bit sims) is its VAS footprint which is pretty high and can cause a problem with Out of Memory errors if combined with VAS intensive scenery.

Bill

In the past,  disabling the Carenado Navigraph and CMeteo dll files solved similar issues..

Worth a try..

• Upvote 1

Bert

Tried an uninstall & re-install, and tried a new download & reinstall.  Still no luck.  Still having the same fps issue.

How do I disable the Carenado Navigraph & CMeteo dll files. 

I've never had to do that, so don't know where they are or how to go about it.

18 hours ago, Hammer308 said:

Tried an uninstall & re-install, and tried a new download & reinstall.  Still no luck.  Still having the same fps issue.

How do I disable the Carenado Navigraph & CMeteo dll files. 

I've never had to do that, so don't know where they are or how to go about it.

Search for them in your FSX folder... they are likely in the Modules subfolder.

If you locate them, rename them by adding .off to their names.

Edited by Bert Pieke

Bert

Thanx for the info Bert.  The 2 files were in the main FSX folder.

Got it working just fine now.

Much appreciated.

• Like 2