Sign in to follow this  
JLuis

The beast will awake this week! Fly the Maddog X for P3D v5

OMG, those VC lights during nighttime, this is STUNNING...

Cheers,

Matej

Edited by hollow1slo

Matej Stavanja

😞 did`t even get into vc 😞

Imediate g3d.dll crash when i try to open vc view. 

But i use AMD Radeon Vii so maybe it`s this anoing AMD thingy

Update, ok seems after i run ezca config tool i´m able to get into the vc

Edited by 331BK

sfo_a320.png

C. W. ,Ryzen 9 5950X @H2O , 32 GB RAM DDR4 3600 Mhz CL15 , Corsair MP600 Pro Watercooled 2 TB for P3D, Samsung SSD980 1 TB for Addons and Crucial MMX500,  Red Devil Ultimate 6900 XT

32 minutes ago, Greggy_D said:

$16 to $17US  for the upgrade.

And - wow! - 95 Euros for the standard purchase. PMDG, what have you done??

Oz

xdQCeNi.jpg   puHyX98.jpg

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

12 minutes ago, OzWhitey said:

And - wow! - 95 Euros for the standard purchase. PMDG, what have you done??

PMDG already done?

EVGA 2080 Ti  FTW3 Hybrid , 8700K, 2Tb 970 EVO Plus, 48 Гб HyperX

MSFS 2020 Tech Alpha Insider

On the active, ready for takeoff at EGGP with Orbx TrueEarth in Prepr3d v5.

Here is the cockpit by night: 

Z77ZtQy.jpg

80 frames per second here, compared to about 55 when I was testing this location earlier this evening in the PMDG 747 (rough comparison only, but the frames look great so far). 

Now, let's see how she flies... 🙂

Edited by OzWhitey
  • Like 3

Oz

Sim Rig: MSI RTX3090 Suprim, an old, partly-melted Intel 9900K @ 5GHz+, Honeycomb Alpha, Thrustmaster TPR Rudder, Warthog HOTAS, Reverb G2, Prosim 737 cockpit. 

Currently flying: MSFS: PMDG 737-700, Fenix A320, Leonardo MD-82, MIlviz C310, Flysimware C414AW, DC Concorde, Carenado C337. Prepar3d v5: PMDG 737/747/777.

"There are three simple rules for making a smooth landing. Unfortunately, no one knows what they are."

Bought the upgrade and installed it and I am having two issues: First, the Load Manager for v5 overwrote the one for v4.5. I have the aircraft installed into both. Second, I don't see the Maddog as an available aircraft in P3d v5 so I have no clue what is going on here. In fact, when I first booted up P3d v5 it asked if i wanted to activate the Maddog. I selected yes, but the aircraft is no where. Any ideas?

Cheers, Pete

Edit: I got the Maddog working in P3d v5, but I am still puzzled as to where the v4.5 Load Manager went.

Edited by PilotPete99
Got the Maddog Working

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

First Flight from LOWL to LSZH well done,

My P3Dv5 took 5 from 10 Gig VRAM; With a lot of Scenery installed,
most settings maxed out.
All smooth, always min 30 Fps (set to 30).

31 minutes ago, PilotPete99 said:

Bought the upgrade and installed it and I am having two issues: First, the Load Manager for v5 overwrote the one for v4.5. I have the aircraft installed into both. Second, I don't see the Maddog as an available aircraft in P3d v5 so I have no clue what is going on here. In fact, when I first booted up P3d v5 it asked if i wanted to activate the Maddog. I selected yes, but the aircraft is no where. Any ideas?

Cheers, Pete

1. Pete, it should ask you if you want to activate the Maddog when you first run P3D after install, so that sounds promising (as I'm sure you know).

In my install, it's listed under McDonnell Douglas... in the aircraft menu.

2. As I'm guessing you've searched through your aircraft for it, my next step would be to check the Prepar3d addons menu (under the "options" tab at the top of the screen, where it should show up as "MaddogX".

3. If it's not a simple matter of activating it in the addons menu, you could check the install in the addons folder. In a standard sim install, that's \MyDocuments\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\MaddogX

There should be a folder in there called MaddogX.

4. Check the add-on.xml file in that folder. Here is the contents of mine if you want to compare:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>MaddogX</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Fly The Maddog X</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Fonts</Category>
        <Path>Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scripts</Category>
        <Path>Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Good luck, hope you get in the air soon!

Edited by OzWhitey

Oz

Just now, OzWhitey said:

1. Pete, it should ask you if you want to activate the Maddog when you first run P3D after install, so that sounds promising (as I'm sure you know).

In my install, it's listed under McDonnell Douglas...

2. As I'm guessing you've searched through your aircraft for it, my next step would be to check the addons menu, where it should show up as "MaddogX".

3. If it's not a simple matter of activating it in the addons menu, you could check the install in the addons folder. In my sim, that's \MyDocuments\Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\MaddogX

There should be a folder in there called MaddogX.

4. Check the add-on.xml file in that folder. Here is the contents of mine if you want to compare:

<SimBase.Document Type="AddOnXml" version="4,0" id="add-on">
    <AddOn.Name>MaddogX</AddOn.Name>
    <AddOn.Description>Fly The Maddog X</AddOn.Description>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Effects</Category>
        <Path>Effects</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Fonts</Category>
        <Path>Fonts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>Scripts</Category>
        <Path>Scripts</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
    <AddOn.Component>
        <Category>SimObjects</Category>
        <Path>SimObjects\Airplanes</Path>
    </AddOn.Component>
</SimBase.Document> 

Good luck, hope you get in the air soon!

I reinstalled it and everything was fine after that. What I don't see is what happened to the v4.5 load manager.

Cheers, Pete

What a masterpiece! 60 FPS in the VC and external, 3 GB vram to spare. How the heck did they pull this off?

13900K | MSI RTX 4090 | 64 GB 3600 MHz | 4x SSD + 1x HDD | ASUS 42" 3840x2160 120Hz OLED
VirtualFly TQ6+ | Virpil WarBRD + Constellation Alpha | MFG Crosswind V2 | RealSimGear GNS530/430

spacer.png

First flight complete, EGGP to EGPH. Flying at night, as the Maddog has some great lighting and I wanted to test it out.

Thoughts:

1a. Hand flies nicely. 

1b. If - like me - you're more used to flying other types (737/747/777), the FMC is still familiar and you can jump in and fly once you work out a couple of quirks (for example, the fuel entry in the FMC needs an /n after it, and you need to push a button to get the flaps fully up).

2. Interior lights work very well, cockpit is all PBR textures if I'm not mistaken. You can notice this when you look at the reflection off some of the plastic buttons on the panel, which reflect quite differently from the material around them. Works very well.

3. I flew into Orbx EGPH and got my first VRAM out-of-memory in weeks right as I was stopping at the gate. Before this, the cockpit reaction to the Orbx airport lights was way (+++) too bright. Don't know if this is a Maddog problem, and Orbx dyanamic problem or just a bit of bad luck. Card is a 2080Ti.

All in all, very much enjoyed my first flight and up to the OOM error everything - including my landing 🙂 - was smooth as butter.

W2vHyb5.jpg

Oz

Just did a quick flight from KSEA to KPDX. This bird is a winner. Again, very reasonable upgrade fee, well worth it.

Cheers, Pete

Picked it up. I skipped the older P3D release of it. 299mb download...performance wise it seems excellent for a tubeliner. Was expecting a slight FPS hit, noticed none in comparison to the normal A2A type stuff I run. Did a quick take her up before I left to head to work for the evening. Most impressed with the lighting!

Nick Silver

http://www.youtube.com/user/socalf1fan

Ryzen 7 5800x, 32gb ddr4 3200mhz ram, RTX 3080 FE, HP Reverb G2 v2, 4K Tv Monitor

Looks great, no start up modes available anymore. Sometimes, if my time is limited, I prefer "ready for start" and not to have to go through the whole cold and dark thing. I wonder why they took those modes away?

Lee

Lee H

i9 13900KF 32GB Ram 24GB RTX 4090