Sign in to follow this  
Flyer40

Nose Wheel animation PMDG 747 QII

7 minutes ago, byork said:

I can't speak for PMDG of course, but when you're trying to simulate the utter labyrinth of interconnected systems in a 747 within the confines of Flight Simulator, and get it right across 1000 different users of varying backgrounds with multiple different hardware configurations, you need to cut them some slack.

PMDG is generally very good about releasing updates and listening to their users.

Yes I know that. am also enthusiastic about this product.

Sure, it's complex.
It's also no problem to fly without this blemish.

But in the FSX as plane spotter it doesn't look nice when you turn on the runway and the nose gear stays straight.

Otherwise 120% recognition to PMDG for the beautiful aircraft.

I love to fly with her, in connection with FS2Crew it is almost 99% real. ✈️

Greetings from Austria
Werner 😀

32 minutes ago, byork said:

I can't speak for PMDG of course, but when you're trying to simulate the utter labyrinth of interconnected systems in a 747 within the confines of Flight Simulator, and get it right across 1000 different users of varying backgrounds with multiple different hardware configurations, you need to cut them some slack.

PMDG is generally very good about releasing updates and listening to their users.

I would like to disagree on certain items, the same 1000 or more users with multiple different hardware configurations on the 737 and 747 did not have these issues before, now the same people have all these issues as to this magnitude taxing the airplane.
Yes, they "used to" listen to the customers before, but not today. Today they are not so good about releasing updates when they brake so many items.
When this issue surfaced with the 737 many people voiced their request not to touch the steering system on the 747, guess what happened? Both airplanes have this issue now, more probably to come.
Edited by killthespam

I9- 13900K- CPU @ 5.0GHz, 64 GB RAM @ 6200MHz, NVIDIA RTX 4090

1 hour ago, killthespam said:
I would like to disagree on certain items, the same 1000 or more users with multiple different hardware configurations on the 737 and 747 did not have these issues before, now the same people have all these issues as to this magnitude taxing the airplane.
Yes, they "used to" listen to the customers before, but not today. Today they are not so good about releasing updates when they brake so many items.
When this issue surfaced with the 737 many people voiced their request not to touch the steering system on the 747, guess what happened? Both airplanes have this issue now, more probably to come.

Yes, that is right.

I hope the PMDG is not off because you have changed it anyway.

PMDG can be quickly taken from the sky by users.

It would be a shame if this happened.

Regards Werner🤕

Edited by Flyer40

57 minutes ago, Flyer40 said:

PMDG can be quickly taken from the sky by users.

It would be a shame if this happened.

Regards Werner🤕

Unfortunately they work very hard on self destruction. Especially when antagonize the customer and refuse to admit of having programing issues.

1 hour ago, byork said:

Let's not turn this into an anti-PMDG thread.

I just tried it again in P3D V5.

The nosewheel animation worked fine for me with FS2Crew enabled.

Bryan,

I agree with you 100%, thou if you look closer to their forum you will find lots of complains about the nose-wheel and animation, plus other.

Hello, it does turn, not like before as they changed the logic and figure out there an issue between 10 to 20 kts, but below this value it turns following the new logic, flew from las to mxp and i was able to steer, fs2crew was not interfering this side, as i red on pmdg forum regardless the steering issue even for those without fs2crew

there are numerous post as well on their forum, i think they are working to a ngxu similar steering, but got issues, true as well that we steer with axis or rudder and not with the real steering wheel, and forces or reaction are different in various situations and limitations are as well. Of course either we’re not used to it either it’s not yet modelled the way it has to

Edited by byork