Sign in to follow this  
Richard Jacks

FS2020 multiple monitors

49 minutes ago, Richard Jacks said:

Did I hear this correctly?  The first version will not support multiple monitors?

where did you hear that?

From what I learned, MFSF will support multiple monitors, but not multiple windows (at first). So you will be able use several monitors for a single view but you won't be able to open a 2nd window for instruments.
I found: this but don't know how reliably it is.

Flightsim rig:
PC: AMD 5900x with Dark Rock Pro 4 cooler | MSI X570 MEG Unify | 32GB G.Skill Trident Z Neo | Gigabyte Aorus Master RTX 3090 | Corsair RM850x | Fractal Define 7 XL
AV: Acer Predator x34 3440x1440 monitor | Logitech Z906 speakers
Controllers: Fulcrum One Yoke | MFG Crosswind v2 pedals | Honeycomb Bravo TQ | Stream Deck XL | TrackIR 5

ri1Qkwy.png

I would say they support multiple monitors. I really hope I can undock as much as possible instruments.

Edited by ArchStanton
typo
  • Upvote 1

If they are not implementing multi.windows that allow users to i.e.to  undock MIP DUs to other monitors in the MSFS2020 version of PMDG B737, we will just need to stick with P3Dv5+

I believe that it will take years to get the same functionality that we have now in P3Dv5.

MSFS2020 is visual stunning and mostly for light airplanes and sight seeing and will lack a lot of what we take for granted in P3Dv5.

This seems like a pretty basic functionality. Not that I'd want to use it.

But I am pretty sure that Asobo wouldn't leave a banality like this out.

Tomáš Pokorný

sign.php?call=160   signature-dark.png

SYSTEM -> CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.0 GHz | GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX 1080 Ti @ 2027 MHz | RAM: 2x8 GB G.Skill Trident RGB 3200 MHz | MOBO: AsRock Z370 Extreme 4 | SSD: Kingston 256 GB, Samsung 860 EVO 1 TB | HDD: Western Digital 1 TB | CPU COOLER: Corsair H115i | CASE: Corsair Obsidian Series 750D | PSU: Seasonic Focus Gold 750W 

EQUIPMENT -> YOKE: Saitek Pro Flight Yoke System + Throttle Quadrant, Saitek X52 | RUDDER PEDALS: Saitek Pedals | CAMERA: TrackIR 5

2 hours ago, ludekbrno said:

where did you hear that?

I heard this in a You Tuber blogger that when to the MS press event.  I am just trying to get an idea on how much I am going to spend and how many monitors I can use.  Thank's for everyone's input.

I'm bumping this thread to see if anyone can provide more details on this now that the lids are off.

Thanks!

Matthias - KCOS
         Sim: P3D 4.5, UTX V2, ORBX Base openLC NA EU, ASP3D, TOGA, RealityXP, SPAD.neXt, Carenado GA
          PC: i9-11900k, RTX 3090, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E
Home Cockpit: Honeycomb AFC, Thrustmaster T.Flight, RealSimGear GNS530, Logitech FIP FMP FRP FSP FTQ*2, 3x55" 4K TVs (View), 26" 21:9 (Gauges)