Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

P3DV5, one month in..

Pretty sure the 5.1 version Rob is talking about is the major point release that will come in September (usually every 5 months or so). There's supposedly a 2nd hot fix coming.

• Upvote 1

Glad your enjoying it. I myself truly wanted to give it a go but with all the issues I’ve been reading, and the lack of ported over aircraft, I will be sticking with 4.5. I’m getting the feeling that I’d be about at least 2 months from now before feeling confident in moving over if I do decide to switch.

• Like 1

Intel I7 12700KF / 32 GB Ram-3600mhz / Windows 11 - 64 bit / NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060TI / 32" Acer Monitor, Honeycomb alpha/bravo, CH rudder pedals, Tobii 5, Buttkicker, Logitech radio panel. 

I would not be surprised to see V5.1 very shortly after The Windows 10 update 2004 that is due out any day now. 

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

You never know, Lockheed Martin may even include a hand written letter of apology (signed by the CEO) for releasing the product before it was ready :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

The software performs its remit, at least 99%. If nothing changed in v5 then we would still be at v4. There's some devs playing catch up maybe. No big deal.

So far under the hood programming seems good with increasing complications well considered and majorly working OK.

• Like 1

Steve Waite: Engineer at codelegend.com

3 hours ago, Sesquashtoo said:

Gawd..I hope all we have to do for 5.1 is the Client!  Crossing fingers...

All my addons are external install (which is amazing) except for pmdg, fs2crew RAAS.  So it will be super quick to whack the whole sim and install new again.  

Benefits of addons which install externally - that is why I keep insisting all devs follow suit

Active Pattern: MSFS2020 | In Long term Storage: Prepar3d  

How I Evaluate Third Party Sim Addon Developers

Refined P3Dv5.0 HF2 Settings Part1 (has MaddogX) and older thread Part 2 (has PMDG 747)

so far I'm also very happy with V5.  The performance gain is appreciated.  Looks better visually to me.  I don't find EA usable or appealing in 90% of my missions.  But it's nice to know its there and will be worked on over time.  I see it's potential.  I wish Dynamic Lighting was fixed.  I still have some sceneries that aren't working or hammer my FPS when under the lighting.  For no apparent reason other than coding.  As better optimized DL has zero impact on my performance.  This could just be developers who need to play catch up and learn the new DL system.  It's really only in the last week that I started using V5 despite having it for weeks.  I was waiting for the first airliners to be released officially.  

5800X3D, Gigabyte X570S MB, 4090FE, 32GB DDR4 3600 CL14, EVO 970 M.2's, Alienware 3821DW  and 2  22" monitors,  Corsair RM1000x PSU,  360MM MSI MEG, MFG Crosswind, T16000M Stick, Boeing TCA Yoke/Throttle, Skalarki MCDU and FCU, Saitek Radio Panel/Switch Panel, Spad.Next

Correction to my P3DV5 Settings:

fps set to 120 in P3d (instead of Unlimited), and limited to 29 in nvidia NCP actually is a better combination.

It also allows for use of FFTF Dynamic if you so choose..

"You learn something new, every day.." :smile:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Yesterday I was on final at KMVY, at final approach how the landing lights lit up the trees, just wow!

Yep, when it's ready I'll probably download.  But I have to thank the less than fantastic release for taking me to X plane.  What a sim that is! 

19 hours ago, ywg256 said:

Only 1 month into initial release? Maybe another hotfix but too early for a .1 in my opinion. I think they did say another hot fix was coming soon unless i read wrong.

Hey - Can you say were you read that? I've been holding off installing V5 until the next hotfix or point release in the hope some of the existing issues are ironed out but I'm getting impatient 🙂

Kael Oswald

7950X3D / 64GB DDR5 6000 @ CL30 / Custom Water Loop / RTX 4090 / 3 x 50" 4K LCD TVs

3 minutes ago, KL Oo said:

Hey - Can you say were you read that? I've been holding off installing V5 until the next hotfix or point release in the hope some of the existing issues are ironed out but I'm getting impatient 🙂

There will always be another fix around the corner... that is how we ended up with V4.5. HF3 🙂

If you are impatient... I would ask: What exactly are you waiting for?

Bert

I'm throwing in the towel on V5. After a Month of fiddling with it. A fresh windows install. Another fresh install with HF1. I had virtually everything running beautifully and had just about tuned the sim the sim to my satisfaction with nothing in there that didn't have a V5 installer. And is it ever the best flight sim experience ever. 😁Then out of nowhere I start getting a CTD's nearly every flight mostly on the run up to take off but sometimes in the air. I then discovered that I could reproduce this CTD in more or less the exact same spot on approach to ORBX CYSE. I think it Orbx tree's HD but I'm not sure. I couldn't even say if they all have the same cause. Spent 3 or 4 days trying to get to the bottom of it. Anyway I have absolutely no interest in being a beta tester so I'm wiping my system clean and going back to XP11 for a few months anyway. It's not my sim of choice but its current state is far better than the current state of Prepar3D. No regrets about the purchase, I'm sure 6 months from now it will be a lot more stable. Having said that The other one will probably have been released by then. Kinda explains why LM released V5 six months before it was ready.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Sorry wrong thread.

Bruceb

Edited by brucewtb

Bruce Bartlett

Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened." Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."