Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

P3DV5, one month in..

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Note for those who aren't buying V5 - no one cares.

Good for you. I'm not buying it till its ready.  Having read this, you can now practice your lack of care about it. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, argosafe said:

Good for you. I'm not buying it till its ready.  Having read this, you can now practice your lack of care about it. 

Right, but how exactly are you gonna contribute in a constructive way to a thread that is all about experiences of people after one month with P5D?

Just wondering, considering you don't have it.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Quasimodo said:

I flew from CYVR to CYSE.

A2A C172, FSDT CYVR, ORBX PNW, ORBX CYSE, ORBX Global, OpenLC NA, TreesHD, Library's, ObjectFlow. ASP3D

Got a CTD on final flying over Squamish. I unchecked everything in addons and completed the flight successfully. It was ugly though.

I flew the scenario again between each addon being reactivated in this order with no CTD. C172, Global, openLC, PNW, CYSE, CYVR, library's, Object flow.

Then after activating TreesHD I go the CTD in the same spot. I though Bingo that's it. But then I deactivated TreesHD and flew again to confirm but got the CTD again.

It was looking great there for a while but I have no interest in being a beta tester so that's enough for me for now. I suppose it will be stable in a few months.

I hate to say it but my gut feeling is the there are hundreds or even thousands of conflicts with ORBX scenery because I had scenario error reporting on and ORBX was coming up in it numerous time.

I'm going to give XP11 some love until then!😁

How tragic is this:

Before you uninstall P3D5.... 😄
I think I have fount the culprit.

Try the following: In ORBX Central's CYSE, uncheck ALL options where you see the word "Grass" and redo your flight.
I have done this to S43 and CYBD where I had crashes on approach, and it also works!

• Like 2

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

A little more on VRAM fragmentation. I'm speculating that the dynamic texture option added in P3d5 HF1 was supposed to more carefully utilize VRAM to prevent fragmentation. Unfortunately, the algorithm employed also reduced performance, which is not surprising. I leave that option off, BTW.

The trick is to swap a new texture into a VRAM location where a  texture of the same resolution was just swapped out. In practice, that's easier said than done, though.

21 minutes ago, flycln said:

Right, but how exactly are you gonna contribute in a constructive way to a thread that is all about experiences of people after one month with P5D?

Just wondering, considering you don't have it.

This thing is not ready to release as a working product.  People need to know different points of view.  If I choose to post in this thread, which is one likely to be read by those who are considering purchase, then surely that's valid? 

• Like 4

18 minutes ago, argosafe said:

This thing is not ready to release as a working product.  People need to know different points of view. 

Yeah, from people who have actually used it.

• Like 3

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying v5 after all my favorite add-ons are updated for it.  I'm in no hurry though.

Hook

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

5 minutes ago, LHookins said:

I'm pretty sure I'll be buying v5 after all my favorite add-ons are updated for it.  I'm in no hurry though.

Hook

Yeah, me too.  As you hint, when it's ready. 

While I'm holding off purchase, I'm also not going to bash the product. 

I'm truly thankful for those people who buy on day one and work out any problems.  And since I'm not personally experiencing those problems there is no reason for me to complain about them.

Hook

• Like 5

Larry Hookins

Oh! I have slipped the surly bonds of Earth
And danced the skies on laughter-silvered wings;

On 5/14/2020 at 5:26 PM, Bert Pieke said:

Not sure... PNW performs really well, and who knows what TE Washington will do to my system..

Once I found "ortho" in XP I spend the greater part of my time now flying in both P3DV4.5 and XP11 in areas covered with ortho....its the best.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

40 minutes ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

As the FAA would say, are you sure your CTD wasn't a CFIT 🙂 ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Rob, do you think we are weeks or a month or more for 5.1?

Eric 

1 hour ago, Rob_Ainscough said:

As the FAA would say, are you sure your CTD wasn't a CFIT 🙂 ... 

Cheers, Rob.

Lol. I can't remember, I was drunk!

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  EVGA GeForce RTX 3090 FTW3 ULTRA GAMING //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

3 hours ago, Chapstick said:

Note for those who aren't buying V5 - no one cares.

On that note I would like to personally thank all of you that could not resist buying P3Dv5 on day one and hacking in your favorite add-ons for working with LM to get the bugs out of it. :biggrin:

Disclaimer: I actually bought it and tried to install it into Windows 7. Despite the fact that it installed a folder called something like DX12forWin7 I could not get a flight to load. :laugh: Anyone know the story behind that folder? Rob?

Ted

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

20 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

I'm throwing in the towel on V5. After a Month of fiddling with it. A fresh windows install. Another fresh install with HF1. I had virtually everything running beautifully and had just about tuned the sim the sim to my satisfaction with nothing in there that didn't have a V5 installer. And is it ever the best flight sim experience ever. 😁Then out of nowhere I start getting a CTD's nearly every flight mostly on the run up to take off but sometimes in the air. I then discovered that I could reproduce this CTD in more or less the exact same spot on approach to ORBX CYSE. I think it Orbx tree's HD but I'm not sure. I couldn't even say if they all have the same cause. Spent 3 or 4 days trying to get to the bottom of it. Anyway I have absolutely no interest in being a beta tester so I'm wiping my system clean and going back to XP11 for a few months anyway. It's not my sim of choice but its current state is far better than the current state of Prepar3D. No regrets about the purchase, I'm sure 6 months from now it will be a lot more stable. Having said that The other one will probably have been released by then. Kinda explains why LM released V5 six months before it was ready.

Go into your Orbx Central and on every one of the airports that allow you to configure GRASS,  un-check it. No more CTD's, on approach.

• Like 1