Sign in to follow this  
Bert Pieke

P3DV5, one month in..

2 hours ago, Quasimodo said:

There is more to the CTD at CYSE than just the ORBX grass. As stated above I made that flight successfully after the grass was disabled but I just tried it again in the A2A P-40 which I just installed and I go the CTD in the same place with the grass off. So there is more to this than just the grass. Apparent there's an Object flow update immanent so hopefully that will help but a s I said before I have no interest in being a beta tester so that me done until HF2 or 5.1 or whatever. I'll try to enjoy it a bit but I'm already sick of the CTD's. I'm not going to post about them anymore and I certainly not going to waste anymore time trying to figure out whats causing them. I'm sure LM don't need or want my help. I know that because I offered to help Microsoft and Asosbo and they just ignored me.🤣

You are right. CYVR-CYSE-CYVR CTD on return just 5nm Away form the harbour towards CYVR

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

13 minutes ago, ffantasy67 said:

Switched  to v5 yesterday, not a single problem til far. I believe this forum is under attack by non-LM fans. If you’re in doubt ( and you respect recommended requirements), just go for it.

Just my 2 cents, do not take it personally.

Happy (v5) flying.

I'm a big LM fan. If I wanted to bash a Sim it would be the none existent one.😁

Give it a couple days Whip, you'll see!😁

Edited by Quasimodo

1 hour ago, ffantasy67 said:

Switched  to v5 yesterday, not a single problem til far. I believe this forum is under attack by non-LM fans. If you’re in doubt ( and you respect recommended requirements), just go for it.

Just my 2 cents, do not take it personally.

Happy (v5) flying.

The problem is that, especially after a new release, many people come here to get a solution to a specific problem that they are having. Some of them are caused by the program but many of them are caused by user error or other add ons. Add to that confusion the haters who just want to come here and gripe over and over and the noise can get deafening.

I think LM has another winner here - not perfect by any means but sort of a diamond in the rough - a little polishing and it will be great.

Vic

• Like 9
  • Upvote 4

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

When I think back to how I felt after Microsoft announced that they were disbanding the Aces studio and flight sims I was more than happy to purchase P3Dv5 even though I am still running Win7.

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

I just purchased it. Hopefully I wont have any issues but if I do I know where to ask for help!

9 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

When I think back to how I felt after Microsoft announced that they were disbanding the Aces studio and flight sims I was more than happy to purchase P3Dv5 even though I am still running Win7.

Ted

Have you installed and run it on Win7?  I would be interested on how the install went and how well the program runs because I don't want to upgrade to Win10 at this time.

Bryan Wallis aka "fltsimguy"

Maple Bay, British Columbia

Near CAM3

53 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

Have you installed and run it on Win7?  I would be interested on how the install went and how well the program runs because I don't want to upgrade to Win10 at this time.

P3Dv5 installed but it would not start at first. Then I saw a folder in the P3Dv5 root directory called something like "DX12forWin7". It was interesting to find that folder there so I copied the files in that folder to my root P3Dv5 directory and then I could get the scenario window to load. However when I tried to load a flight it crashed with the common DXGI message. I did a search on Google and the P3D forums but found no answers regarding this folder. I uninstalled it after that because i just didn't want to mess around with it any longer. Perhaps if the 3 files in the DX12forWin7 folder are put in the correct location it may work or perhaps LM is planning on making it available for Win7 users later.

I am building a new computer that will have Win10 on it so I bought P3Dv5 and for grins thought I'd try and get it to run on Win7. Since Win7 doesn't have DX12 I thought it would be pretty amusing if it did run and did not have all the VRAM issues associated with DX12. I must have had a cocktail that night, don't know what I was thinking. :biggrin:

Ted

• Like 1

3770k@4.5 ghz, Noctua C12P CPU air cooler, Asus Z77, 2 x 4gb DDR3 Corsair 2200 mhz cl 9, EVGA 1080ti, Sony 55" 900E TV 3840 x 2160, Windows 7-64, FSX, P3dv3, P3dv4

3 hours ago, Ted Striker said:

P3Dv5 installed but it would not start at first. Then I saw a folder in the P3Dv5 root directory called something like "DX12forWin7".

Ted

Curious!

Near CAM3

On 5/17/2020 at 1:01 AM, Rob_Ainscough said:

Orbx Meigs is another location that has issues with grass, avoid until fixed either by Orbx or LM.

LM continue moving P3D V5 forward with more HF's and a 5.1 (sorry no ETA).  Jumping on V5 early is entirely end user choice and how comfortable you are working thru bugs, CTDs, visual issues, etc.  If one is not comfortable with that, then waiting for V5.1 might be the better choice.  All three platforms I'm currently using have been very similar experiences ... definitely not for everyone, but I'm pretty confident they will get sorted out over time.

I'm just now getting into XP11.5x and updating everything, it looks better (than 11.4x) also and performs better, but has lots of bugs also.

I fully understand and sympathize with those that have paid for V5 and expecting a high level of stability.  The stability (CTDs) issues are being addressed quickly and will likely be resolved sooner rather than later (aka before V5.1).

Cheers, Rob.

But for XP11.50, at least LR released it as beta and they often advertise to not upgrade to beta version and run the beta on parallel with the stable release. Hence as user, my expectations are lower and I would expect it to be buggy and I have the duty to report it back to LR. 

Anyway, I have been more into v5 and I am starting to get it into my sweet spot where I am happy. Couple of CTD because of that GPU device error because I changed the weather one time. Honestly, something about v5 doesn't feel right to me, I have this constant textures flashing. Sometimes textures will take seconds to load if I change views on the cockpit, I feel the texture management is bit off in v5. Having said that, I think version 5.1 would be far more stable. I recall when v4 first came out, it had all these troubles. Let's see how this goes 🤞 

Edited by omarsmak30

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

On 5/17/2020 at 9:52 AM, Quasimodo said:

There is more to the CTD at CYSE than just the ORBX grass. As stated above I made that flight successfully after the grass was disabled but I just tried it again in the A2A P-40 which I just installed and I go the CTD in the same place with the grass off. So there is more to this than just the grass. Apparent there's an Object flow update immanent so hopefully that will help but a s I said before I have no interest in being a beta tester so that me done until HF2 or 5.1 or whatever. I'll try to enjoy it a bit but I'm already sick of the CTD's. I'm not going to post about them anymore and I certainly not going to waste anymore time trying to figure out whats causing them. I'm sure LM don't need or want my help. I know that because I offered to help Microsoft and Asosbo and they just ignored me.🤣

For those having trouble with CYSE, may I offer this to check out, I do not have P3DV5 yet but the performance of this airport in FSX and P3D earlier versions was terrible and I found out that it was the "street and dock lights" that were the memory drain,  There were tons of them, so by removing some of those "lights" bgls I was able to vastly improve the problem.

Just thought I would mention it.  And right now I haven't looked up the exact files, perhaps you can search over in Orbx forums or ask the question again over there.

cheers

Near CAM3

41 minutes ago, 1st fltsimguy said:

For those having trouble with CYSE, may I offer this to check out, I do not have P3DV5 yet but the performance of this airport in FSX and P3D earlier versions was terrible and I found out that it was the "street and dock lights" that were the memory drain,  There were tons of them, so by removing some of those "lights" bgls I was able to vastly improve the problem.

Just thought I would mention it.  And right now I haven't looked up the exact files, perhaps you can search over in Orbx forums or ask the question again over there.

cheers

CYSE is performing great in V5.  All my CTD whent away with 1024 textures and some tdrlevel and tdrdelay in registry. 

Now I am off to an old friend  YBBN which always performed badly with all its goodies 

Michael Moe 

Michael Moe

fs2crew_747_banner1.png

Banner_FS2Crew_Emergency.png

I am amazed (and a little frustrated) that there are still no modern short-haul airliners out for v5 (A320, 737). Are they all waiting on HF2? Trueglass? 🤔

1 hour ago, deetee said:

I am amazed (and a little frustrated) that there are still no modern short-haul airliners out for v5 (A320, 737). Are they all waiting on HF2? Trueglass? 🤔

Leonardo fly the Maddog X.

Vic green

I have aerosoft baby buses working fine in v5. Just pointed to v4 and it seems ok

Edited by ywg256

system i9 10850K NVidia RTX3090 24GB Samsung SSD980 m.2 1TB (x2) Samsung 850 EVO 500GB SSD Seagate 2TB external drive Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB SSD Asus B460M-PLUS Mobo 32GB GSkill DDR4 3000mhz Ram using P3D v5.3