Sign in to follow this  
Gridley

Live traffic and sloped runways P3Dv5

Hi Lorby,

Just a quick question about AI support on sloped runways.  Here's an example of a live traffic AI plane landing at an addon airport with a sloped runway.  It seems to get deleted as soon as it reaches the first sloped node.  Is that expected?

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

8 hours ago, Gridley said:

Is that expected?

Not really, no.Normally LLTX doesn't delete AI that easily. Question is, if it was really done by the app or if the simulator did it. Or another addon? 

Where was your own aircraft when you took that video = how far away was the landing AI in nm? 

TBH, I haven't really had the time to look into the sloped runways in V5 and what they do to AI. The logic in LLTX is geared towards V4 and before, and most likely, the AI didn't even realize that there was a sloped runway in the first place. Is that a default airport that I have too in V5 or is it part of an addon? 

Best regards

LORBY-SI

On 5/15/2020 at 12:59 AM, Lorby_SI said:

Not really, no.Normally LLTX doesn't delete AI that easily. Question is, if it was really done by the app or if the simulator did it. Or another addon? 

Where was your own aircraft when you took that video = how far away was the landing AI in nm? 

TBH, I haven't really had the time to look into the sloped runways in V5 and what they do to AI. The logic in LLTX is geared towards V4 and before, and most likely, the AI didn't even realize that there was a sloped runway in the first place. Is that a default airport that I have too in V5 or is it part of an addon? 

Best regards

My aircraft was parked at that airport, so very close, less than 1nm.  I have the FSUIPC AI set to unlimited, and only using LLTX for traffic.

That is an addon airport, Neuville CNV9 - here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dscen&DLID=217465

Edited by Gridley

I7-7700k@4.7ghz | 32gb RAM | EVGA GTX1080 8gb | Mostly P3Dv5 (also IL2:BoX, DCS, XP11)

48 minutes ago, Gridley said:

My aircraft was parked at that airport, so very close, less than 1nm.  I have the FSUIPC AI set to unlimited, and only using LLTX for traffic.

That is an addon airport, Neuville CNV9 - here: https://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?CatID=p3dscen&DLID=217465

I will check that airport tomorrow. What operating mode did you use in LLTX? Live, Hybrid, Sim AI?

Best regards

LORBY-SI

2 hours ago, Lorby_SI said:

I will check that airport tomorrow. What operating mode did you use in LLTX? Live, Hybrid, Sim AI?

Best regards

Live mode.  Interestingly, in the version I'm running (your link since I had AV issues), the Mode controls are grayed out.  I might be doing something wrong...  This is P3Dv5 HF1.

zJVihkw.jpg

9 hours ago, Gridley said:

the Mode controls are grayed out.  I might be doing something wrong...  This is P3Dv5

No, that was my doing. I thought that the other modes didn't make sense with OpenSky Network. OSN doesn't contain departure and arrival airport information, so they are all random. Which makes for weird flight plans in Sim AI or Hybrid mode, and I found that quite irritating to hear on the ATC radios.

Btw. I am not sure that the disappearing GA is really because of the sloped runway. The same thing happens with airliners in Sim AI mode, but I haven't found out why. It looks like the sim decides that it doesn't like that aircraft anymore...

Best regards

Edited by Lorby_SI
  • Like 1

LORBY-SI