Sign in to follow this  
Bluescaster

JF Roads & Rivers of Europe & Win10

Hi All, 

I know FS9 is old but I like it.

About 6 months ago I bought a 'Wired 2 Fire', purpose built Computer with Win10 Home, 64 bit OS.   (It's great:-)  )  However, Win 10 won't let me load Just Flight, Roads & Rivers of Europe.

A very nice Chap (Simon) at 'Just Flight', informs me this is something to do with the new Win10 OS, not allowing Protected discs to be installed. He kindly sent me a little piece of software called  'W10 Safe Disc Fix'. I have followed the instructions accompanying this software but am still unable to get 'Roads & Rivers of Europe' to install to my FS9 installation.

Does anyone have any advice regarding the problem of getting 'Protected' disc to install on a Win10 OS please?   - with or without the use of this little piece of software?

All observations welcomed.

Thanks and Stay Safe!

Blue

Try to copy the disc to the desktop, right-click the .exe, set compatibility to XP, the Run as Administrator.

That has worked for some of the stuff I have.

Robin

"Onward & Upward" ...
To the Stars, & Beyond... 

Hi.

If the scenery doesn't require any registry changes (i. e. it ends up being no more than a Scenery and a Texture folder, and maybe a configuration tool) then you can install on a different, non-Win10, PC and port the folders to your machine with a USB stick.

In case of ever needing to reinstall, just make a backup of what you ported and shelve the disc.

D

Edited by Dave Morgan

Hi Wobie & Dave Morgan,

My sincere thanks for your tips and advice. I shall try out your ideas and let you know how I get on. Now, where is that old Win 7 set up ;-)

Kind Regards, Keep Safe.

Blue

Update: Wobbie. Robin,  I tried the copying trick but failed miserably I'm afraid. The 'Copying' happened but the program once copied to my HDD performed as it did from the DVD.

Dave Morgan:  Failed there too I'm afraid - only  (so far) as I couldn't get my old Win7 machine to fire up 😞  I'm still hopeful of a result later though 🙂

Thanks for your help Gents - Stay Safe!

Blue

Edited by Bluescaster