Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Invites are coming

8 hours ago, bonchie said:

I'm in, but I was one of the very first to sign up (like the first few days), so that may be why.

Anyone here who are day 1'ers that did NOT get in have that profile issue a while back where you had to redo your survey and re-upload your DXDIAG?

I signed up day 1, but found that I had to re-enter my survey and re-upload my dxdiag a couple months back, now I'm afraid I'm not considered a first register 🤔 (so far have not got in)

Edited by KERNEL32

I'm a day 1'er as well, and had to re-upload my DXdiag back in January or February or so. Then I uploaded another new one when I built my new PC.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

I apparently got left out too.....very sad. I signed up for the insider program 6-9-2019 and filled out the survey on 9-17-2019 (and that was first round alpha according to the email). So I would assume I'm one of the early birds as well, guess they weren't truthful about getting us in this go round. 

• Upvote 1

you know what , im wondering since im in Los Angeles and we need to wear a mask if my Invite email was not wearing a mask the server probably rejected the invite . 

• Upvote 1

Image removed as image is no longer available.

4 hours ago, KERNEL32 said:

Anyone here who are day 1'ers that did NOT get in have that profile issue a while back where you had to redo your survey and re-upload your DXDIAG?

I signed up day 1, but found that I had to re-enter my survey and re-upload my dxdiag a couple months back, now I'm afraid I'm not considered a first register 🤔 (so far have not got in)

I had to re-enter today. At first I thought I was accepting NDA agreements and was thrilled, but after doing the follow up survey I recalled the questions. DISAPPOINTMENT is the word. 

Also, I upgraded my RAM to 32 GB  (was 16) and the new dxdiag is not the same

Maybe that computer upgrade is what triggered the re-entry of questionnaire? 

BTW the upgrade to 32 GB is WORTH IT> Especially if using ORBX regions, I was using Virtual RAM before, now i get stutter free flights, and constant higher fps

Edited by peppy197

48 minutes ago, rtodepart said:

you know what , im wondering since im in Los Angeles and we need to wear a mask if my Invite email was not wearing a mask the server probably rejected the invite . 

Yes that is the reason

• Upvote 1

I think a lot of people are under the impression that if they get access to the alpha they'll have a new sim to fly around in for a few months for free and it'll be fun and games. Doesn't work like that. In reality you're testing software that isn't optimized so performance will be bad (confirmed by leaked comments), it'll be missing a lot of features and it'll suffer from a lot of CTD's.

1 hour ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I think a lot of people are under the impression that if they get access to the alpha they'll have a new sim to fly around in for a few months for free and it'll be fun and games. Doesn't work like that. In reality you're testing software that isn't optimized so performance will be bad (confirmed by leaked comments), it'll be missing a lot of features and it'll suffer from a lot of CTD's.

I work in IT, and am used to troubleshooting and testing. It's what I do all day. I want to participate in the alpha so that I can help provide feedback on issues I might encounter, and help make the sim better on release day. Flying around from airport to airport, and taking in the eye candy would just be a nice benefit of doing that.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Microsoft Flight Simulator | Ryzen 9 5900X | MSI MEG X570 ACE | 32 GB DDR4 | Geforce RTX 3080 | Samsung Evo 970 M.2 | Dual 1440p screen | Win 10 Pro

Honeycomb Alpha Flight Yoke | Honeycomb Bravo Throttle | Thrust master TPR Rudder Pedals | HP Reverb G2

6 minutes ago, hatchna said:

I work in IT, and am used to troubleshooting and testing. It's what I do all day. I want to participate in the alpha so that I can help provide feedback on issues I might encounter, and help make the sim better on release day. Flying around from airport to airport, and taking in the eye candy would just be a nice benefit of doing that.

I think you're the minority because on reddit I just read a lot of comments about wanting a new sim to fly around in, etc... and nothing about actually testing the software.

15 minutes ago, hatchna said:

Amen. Same here.

MaVe Creations - FSLTL - Free AI sounds - Giving your airports more atmosphere!

www.mavecreations.weebly.com

8 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

Maybe some are, but I've tested a few of Microsoft's older flight sims, and I've alpha/beta tested dozens of other games over the decades.  Most were voluntary but a few I got paid for.  As a hobbyist game dev I personally enjoy testing games, trying to break them purposefully in order to find the bugs and the cracks which need addressing.

I'd genuinely love to help.  Put me in coach, I want to play!!!!

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, tpete61 said:

No one knows the criteria for selecting people. Lots of speculation and very little for facts as to selection criteria. They probably grabbed a cross section of people from early signups to recent ones. Not a big deal, just keep flying with what you have. XP11/P3D are not broken! MS Flight Sim It will release in due time.

You're right. I also do appreciate the transparency and community engagement they are doing and it's something I've never seen before.

However, releasing updates and in-depth information on a weekly basis also creates a lot of excitement and engages people a lot more than if there were just an initial announcement. I definitely don't want them to stop with the updates, but I'm going to be honest: It's starting to get tedious for me. As someone who signed up on day 1 but has not been invited (yet), it's beginning to dampen my excitement to some extent because I'm looking at the updates every Thursday, get excited for a new invitation wave, find myself not invited and it starts all over again. This has been going on for months now.

This is not whining or complaining about not getting invited by the way, it's just what it is. Still excited like a kid on Christmas for this sim though and if I get invited for testing at some point I'll happily do my best to try and break it 😉.

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

At this point being added to the Alpha/Beta team is most likely meaningless. They already have established feedback from people who have been onboard since day one. Any Johnny come late to the party feedback will most likely be met with scepticism and not taken as seriously as established members of the team. Unless you find an earth shattering issue and even then they will most likely blame your OS, graphics card, etc. 

Realistically by now, it is early access to a preview and an extension of their marketing to continue to build hype. Why else would they keep opening applications to join the Alpha team. They want to keep people excited.  

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, KenG said:

At this point being added to the Alpha/Beta team is most likely meaningless. They already have established feedback from people who have been onboard since day one. Any Johnny come late to the party feedback will most likely be met with scepticism and not taken as seriously as established members of the team. Unless you find an earth shattering issue and even then they will most likely blame your OS, graphics card, etc. 

Realistically by now, it is early access to a preview and an extension of their marketing to continue to build hype. Why else would they keep opening applications to join the Alpha team. They want to keep people excited.  

It sounds like you know something we don't. Care to elaborate?

FAA: ATP-ME

Matt kubanda

9 hours ago, YVRDXBLHR said:

I'm a software engineer and a US commercial pilot, I looked forward to being able to help out with alpha issues prior to the simulator being launched.  Maybe next time?  Who knows at this point.