Sign in to follow this  
ca_metal

Invites are coming

30 minutes ago, KenG said:

At this point being added to the Alpha/Beta team is most likely meaningless. They already have established feedback from people who have been onboard since day one. Any Johnny come late to the party feedback will most likely be met with scepticism and not taken as seriously as established members of the team. Unless you find an earth shattering issue and even then they will most likely blame your OS, graphics card, etc. 

Realistically by now, it is early access to a preview and an extension of their marketing to continue to build hype. Why else would they keep opening applications to join the Alpha team. They want to keep people excited.  

Its also to stress test the servers since this is going to have multiplayer capabilities. You can't stress test without more individuals logging in and doing there thing. That will also bring about more bugs and things they didn't catch with a smaller pool. So your statement isn't entirely accurate. 

• Upvote 2

22 hours ago, KenG said:. 

Realistically by now, it is early access to a preview and an extension of their marketing to continue to build hype. Why else would they keep opening applications to join the Alpha team. They want to keep people excited.  

Off the top of my head (and pure guesswork):

- building load on the servers

- testing different combinations of hardware, different specific bits of hardware, internet speeds etc

- adding more people from a broader varieties of countries 

- increasing capacity for bug and issue identification 

strikes me that periodically introducing more people into a private, NDA-bound alpha programme would be an odd way of attempting to build hype. 

Hi guys, i'm in too but anyone have this problem?

I've got the content alpha in xbox insider but it's always stay "pending" status.

I'm also not able to join the alpha forum from microsoft website. I just have the same page as before (insider member)

Any ideas?

32 minutes ago, trollray said:

Hi guys, i'm in too but anyone have this problem?

I've got the content alpha in xbox insider but it's always stay "pending" status.

I'm also not able to join the alpha forum from microsoft website. I just have the same page as before (insider member)

Any ideas?

Yes, contact Microsoft/Asobo. This is not the forum for assistance with the problem.

• Like 1

Is anyone in with a 16xx NVIDIA card?

I'm just asking because I'm not, and there was a thread elsewhere from a bunch of 16xx card users who also were not in, and were suspicious.

On 5/16/2020 at 2:12 PM, KenG said:

At this point being added to the Alpha/Beta team is most likely meaningless. They already have established feedback from people who have been onboard since day one. Any Johnny come late to the party feedback will most likely be met with scepticism and not taken as seriously as established members of the team.

I respectfully disagree. Fresh eyes and minds can see things differently and who's to say that just because your a new tester you're not experienced in testing other software. Like trying to add so many cloud layers it brings the sim to its knees or worse.

Or perhaps a thunderstorm layer 50,000ft thick. Not likely in the real world but if the sim allows you do create it and then crashes perhaps that's a bug that needs fixing.

Ray (Cheshire, England).
System: P3D v5.3HF2, Intel i9-13900K, MSI 4090 GAMING X TRIO 24G, Crucial T700 4Tb M.2 SSD, Asus ROG Maximus Z790 Hero, 32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR5 6000Mhz RAM, Win 11 Pro 64-bit, BenQ PD3200U 32” UHD monitor, Fulcrum One yoke.
Cheadle Hulme Weather

5 hours ago, tpete61 said:

Yes, contact Microsoft/Asobo. This is not the forum for assistance with the problem.

Of course i would do that but that's precisely what i can't do for now.

No access in alpha forum and always stay in pending state in xbox insider.

Just was asking if somebody had encounter this issue.

i thought avsim is the second best place to ask (first would be asobo/microsoft) 😉

53 minutes ago, trollray said:

i thought avsim is the second best place to ask (first would be asobo/microsoft) 😉

Did you try to log out from the flight simulator forum and log back in?

Also, you can ask them for help here, you don't need forum access for that:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Edited by ca_metal

1 hour ago, trollray said:

You could also try on discord: https://discord.gg/mfmXN7

On 5/16/2020 at 1:35 AM, hatchna said:

I work in IT, and am used to troubleshooting and testing. It's what I do all day. I want to participate in the alpha so that I can help provide feedback on issues I might encounter, and help make the sim better on release day. Flying around from airport to airport, and taking in the eye candy would just be a nice benefit of doing that.

I don't remember the questions they asked for the registration but I don't think there was anything related to the professional experience... Am I right? 

An Alpha test team balanced between professionals with different fields relevant to the software as well as end-users with no particular relevant professional expertise is a good idea I think...

Scenery for Flight Simulators since 1998

13 hours ago, ca_metal said:

Did you try to log out from the flight simulator forum and log back in?

Also, you can ask them for help here, you don't need forum access for that:

https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Thanks, i have send them a message and received an answer.

But still no luck for now. Maybe a problem with my account but i'm in contact with them now.

Thanks for the answers and link ;)

Finger crossed now lol

I have checked regularly on Outlook.com for the famous invite, but no luck so far 😞 Then I saw someone mention something with X-box insider, do I also need to have an account there and check for the invite there?

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

1 hour ago, jlund said:

I have checked regularly on Outlook.com for the famous invite, but no luck so far 😞 Then I saw someone mention something with X-box insider, do I also need to have an account there and check for the invite there?

You login with the same credentials, as you use, when logging into the Insider area of MSFS.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

1 hour ago, jlund said:

They stopped sending invites on Friday. There was a post on reddit about this. Their support staff confirmed this in a reply to someone's email. No need to keep checking email.

Baber

My Youtube Channel http://www.youtube.com/user/HDOnlive