Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 14th, 2020 - Development Update

I still don't believe the sim has sloped runways, the ones in the screenshots are obviously fake.

More seriously, did they mentioned ATC is improving fitting the player between the Live Traffic flow on takeoff? Amazing...

Edited by Noooch

Awesome screenshots that never cease to amaze at the progress.   

Interesting extensive bug list but love the transparency and acknowledgment.  The 747 seems more apt to hand flying right now but hey thats alot of fun, just not for long range cruise. The CDU seems somewhat extensive for a default aircraft. Nice to see!  Just prepare to sidestep to the adjacent runway right now. Make that your check ride test when the FMS and ND info are shifted. 

• Like 3

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

What I like the most about this update are all the Known issues, changes / improvements and bug fixes, they show, It clearly shows it's not all smooth sailing and that the alpha testers are doing their job, 

• Like 5
  • Upvote 1

Jorn Lundtoft

I don't always stop and look at airplanes.........Oh wait, Yes I do.

Intel I7-13700F, 32GB Fury DDR5 - 6000, Kingston 1TB NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD, Asus Geforce RTX 4070 TI 12GB, Kingston 2TB M2 NVMe SSD, Corsair 750W PCU, Windows 11

16 minutes ago, Noooch said:

I still don't believe the sim has sloped runways, the ones in the screenshots are obviously fake.

More seriously, did they mentioned ATC is improving fitting the player between the Live Traffic flow on takeoff? Amazing...

Care to elaborate? Or are you just spreading canon powder for the sake of it?

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

We are now in contact with more than 200 companies and 400+ developers have access to the SDK, that will not go down well with some here they don't want it to need addons or intend to buy them.

I on the other hand see it as guaranteeing long term development of MSFS, but for them MS would have nothing to came back to.  

Edited by G-RFRY

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

This sim just looks better with each update.

I'm hoping to get in soon too ... I signed up in November (if I recall correctly).

Fingers crossed.

Best regards,
--Anders Bermann--

Pilot-ID: SAS2471

Have you noticed that, now, on the ground, the wings of the A320 no longer "flex", as if the aircraft were in flight? Maybe they added wing flex

Before/After

FlightSimulator-2020-04-22-02-41-02-50.jBirmingham_AfterRain-scaled.jpg

• Like 8
  • Upvote 1

8 hours ago, Captain747 said:

Guys, this just keeps getting better and better!

Kx0LM0J.png

Yep, love that one as well. But you guys know me already. Give me fields and trees - put a GA aircraft in midst - and I am all yours. 😄

Waiting until someone comes around to spoil my excitement with grass being too green or an airport where the plane parks... 😎

8 hours ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

P.S. – Just to set the record straight…

Hate to say, but the surface on trees in the background is not undulated... big fail. 🙃

Edited by tweekz
  • Like 3

Happy with MSFS 🙂
home simming evolved

I signed up I july already but now I discoverd that I had to resend my Dirextdiag? I already did that long time ago?

8 hours ago, Krakin said:

Love how they killed two birds with one stone taking care of the undulations and cirrus clouds. 

I really don't want to open up another never ending story like we have had here with the trees or the undulations 😄 But I don't see any cirrus in those screenshots. There is one where you can see (again) some very high altitude altostratus/altocumulus or maybe cirrocumulus, but absolutely no typical feather-like cirrus (fibratus). The cumulonimus are very impressive btw.. And hats off to Asobo for their implementation of undulating runways, that's looking awesome!

• Like 3
  • Upvote 3

A good update overall. Yes, thank you MS, we can read too !

1/ The "Best Shot Award 🥇" goes to SoapyDiamond  for the foaming sea shot : everything makes you wish you'd be there, the sky, the clouds, the light, the sea, the airport. Go and see some truSKY v5 implementation on the screenshot forum and cry.

The " Lemon aka We Could Have Done Without It Award 🍋"  goes to Shep0629. 'nuf said.

The "Weirdest Shot Award " goes to the fifth of the team series of undulated runways with the lights reflected in the tail of the aircraft. Over-vitamined PBR.

A special vote of thanks to @MatthewS. He is excessive and repetitive sometimes but Mission Accomplished , we know now for sure that the runways are not flat. I hope they let him go out of the jail they apparently put him in.

2/ It looks like the default airliners will be much more complex than what we have been used to in existing sims. We see that in the known issues and changes but also I am impressed that Asobo can use Boeing and Airbus official liveries.

3/ Clouds : Strange pillars (I count five of them) in Woodedcoot pic.

4/ Trees : still a little big here and there but less blobby. Good !

5/ Overexposed landscape through the window view in HallucinatedOwls shot. Postprocessing ?

6/ Release : optimistic view Labor day, realistic view before Thanksgiving. 

6 hours ago, Noooch said:

And landing ATC now does a better job accounting for the flow of live traffic when issuing user their take-off / landing clearances

If they can implement spacing between two landing aircraft does that mean that speed instructions are implemented ? 🤞

Edited by Dominique_K
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

when they say "not implemented" does it mean they will not simulate it?

10 hours ago, Captain747 said:

Oh my!...

Imagine...landing here, stepping out of your plane, go for a walk in that beautiful green grass...then sit down in the grass and just sit there and enjoy the sounds of nature and the birds and the wind!...aaaaah...this is going to be a flight simmers dream come true!...you can easily fool anybody and tell them this is a real photo fi they didn't know it was taken from the sim.

Guys, this just keeps getting better and better!

Kx0LM0J.png

For that VR should be mandatory 🙂

• Like 2

NLR Motion Platform V3, Intel Core i9-9900K OC @ 5Ghz, Gigabyte Gaming OC 11GB RTX 2080ti, Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Ultra. Thermaltake Water 3.0 Riing LED RGB 360. Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3000 PC4-24000 32GB 4x8GB CL15. Lexar Professional NM700 M.2 2280 PCIe Gen3x4 NVMe 1TB SSD. Toughpower iRGB Plus 80 Plus Platinum 850W Full Modular. Thermaltake View32 TG USB 3.0 RGB. Oculus Rift S. Qled Samsung 65Q7FN.

Happy to report I am in the Alpha too. There is still hope lol. Weekend is going to be fun.

16GB Ram

GTX 1080

Edited by Bear242
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Bear242 said:

Happy to report I am in the Alpha too. There is still hope lol. Weekend is going to be fun.

16GB Ram

GTX 1080

At this rate I am not going to have anyone to talk to in these forums! 🙂 he he

Edited by Matt Barraud
  • Like 4

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935