Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 14th, 2020 - Development Update

32 minutes ago, Elwyn said:

when they say "not implemented" does it mean they will not simulate it?

The fact that they say 'not currently implemented' and 'not implemented' indicates we may not see the latter.

Ian Box

4 minutes ago, Matt Barraud said:

At this rate I am not going to have anyone to talk too in these forums! 🙂 he he

I will still be here don't worry lol

• Like 1

Don't worry you still have 4 and 5 builds to come roadmap up to sept, 6 and 7 maybe oct-nov .

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg

2 hours ago, rob0203 said:

I signed up I july already but now I discoverd that I had to resend my Dirextdiag? I already did that long time ago?

I don't think you have to. I signed up when they first opened up registration and I got in yesterday and I never resent my dxdiag. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I don't think you have to. I signed up when they first opened up registration and I got in yesterday and I never resent my dxdiag. 

Ok, there is some hope! 🙂

1 hour ago, Matt Barraud said:

At this rate I am not going to have anyone to talk to in these forums! 🙂 he he

I doubt to be called on duty either because of my lousy connection 😉 !

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

I am enjoying the technical discussions, thoughts, views etc in these forums and MS/Asobo have a great PR team IMO. I love the nod to the discussions going on in the various updates. It's been great to get a weekly snapshot of where they are as well.

My only thought now, (and it links to tree size) is the wave height. It is of course hard to tell but I think the wave height is a little over exaggerated. Not sure if anyone else has been watching the FlightChops youtube float plane videos but it would be great to see wavelets on the downwind side of a lake with a lee under the trees at the upwind side of the lake.

This could be massive overkill but would bring a huge amount of realism to float plane ops.

Edited by Matt Barraud

Flying since the early days of 386’s! 😀 Web developer, sailor, nerd. Contributor to the G36 Improvement Project

PC Specs: Intel i9-9900K on a Aorus Z390 // Pro Wifi motherboard // 32GB Corsair Vengeance Ram, 2x16, 3200mhz DDR4 // RTX3070 Gigabyte, Eagle OC 8GB // WD Blue SN550 (2400) NVMe SSD // 2x LG QHD Monitors, (27QN600) 

Discord Username: CaptMatto#7935

4 hours ago, canadiantree said:

Care to elaborate? Or are you just spreading canon powder for the sake of it?

No I don't, you obviously didn't get it

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Noooch said:

No I don't, you obviously didn't get it

You're right, I failed to see your sarcasm, I should've read your other posts. I understand now. Apologies for my hastiness.

• Like 2

MSFS. Hardware: AMD 5600X @4.0Ghz, Corsair H100i RGB Pro XT AIO, MSI MPG B550i Gaming Edge WiFi mobo, RTX 3080ti 12GB FE GPU , G.Skill TridentZ Royal 32GB (2x16) DDR4-3600 RAM CL16, PNY XLR8 3030 1 TB SSD (OS + SIM), Crucial P5 1TB M.2 pcie-3 NVMe SSD (data) . Corsair SF750 80+ Platinum PSU, NZXT H200i Mini ITX Tower.  38" LG UltraGear  38GN950-B display. 4x QL120 fans

5 hours ago, G-RFRY said:

We are now in contact with more than 200 companies and 400+ developers have access to the SDK, that will not go down well with some here they don't want it to need addons or intend to buy them.

I on the other hand see it as guaranteeing long term development of MSFS, but for them MS would have nothing to came back to.  

I think there are very few people who are currently posting that won't buy any add ons for MSFS, the exciting thing is that the base product is many magnitudes higher than other sims so a lot of the time the need to buy as many add ons is greatly diminished. IMO that is one of the main differences between MSFS and the currently available sims.

• Like 3

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.

9 hours ago, JSilva said:

Hate to be that one guy, but doesn't Madeira seem a little off. While I praise Asobo for depicting Madeira better than FSX and appear closer to how it is in real life, the runway appearance doesn't seem accurate to me. The start of both runways are supposed to be light gray in color rather than be the same as the entire runway. In addition, the runway number should be where the threshold markings are. In this case, there should be three lines to the left and right of the runway numbers each.

Also, doesn't the runway look too undulated. I hope these are only overdone just to prove some guy wrong about sloped runways, but in real life while Madeira does have sloped runways, I'm pretty sure it's not undulated to that extreme. From the perspective of the second Madeira screenshot, the runway platform is supposed to be completely flat (0.0%) from 191ft, then after the platform the runway slopes downward 0.8-1.0% (still somewhat flat most of the way but is sloped) to 146ft according to LPMA charts from November 2018. I looked at the 4/23 screenshot (the one from simtom112) of what I believe is Madeira, and the runway sloping (at least for runway 5) appears normal to me (save probably the trees).

And finally the trees. I'm pretty sure they're either bushes or small trees on the right of the runway (from the perspective of the first Madeira screenshot). Just, the height of the tree (on the right) should never reach the runway height. I think the inclined plane on the left is fine though. Just pointing out what I believe are discrepancies from what I remember and from a few images of the airport. As someone from Madeira, I really want Asobo to get Madeira right.

OMG.

Do you realize they are working on 40,000+ airports around the world, and you're complaining about the exact details of the way a number is painted on one runway?

• Like 7
  • Upvote 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

2 hours ago, Bear242 said:

Happy to report I am in the Alpha too. There is still hope lol. Weekend is going to be fun.

16GB Ram

GTX 1080

I just received my invite as well! And I have tyhe same specs as your's; using on an Acer Preditor 1440p monitor. I was very early at signing up and had just about given up on getting an invite, so keep the faith all!

• Like 4

~ Arwen ~

Home Airfield: KHIE

Holy word not allowed...I had completely given up...and then I just saw the email.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

OMG.

Do you realize they are working on 40,000+ airports around the world, and you're complaining about the exact details of the way a number is painted on one runway?

I think you're overreacting a bit. I admit these are minor nitpicks and could've chosen my words better, and I do recognize there are tens of thousands of airports in the world. Not trying to be abrasive or anything. Just pointing out some discrepancies. Plus, I did say that other than the runway, Asobo got the other bits right.

• Upvote 1

Júnior Silva

12 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

OMG.

Exactly... Get some perspective my goodness.