Sign in to follow this  
ChaoticBeauty

May 14th, 2020 - Development Update

14 minutes ago, andyjohnston.net said:

OMG.

Do you realize they are working on 40,000+ airports around the world, and you're complaining about the exact details of the way a number is painted on one runway?

Exactly... Get some perspective my goodness.

9 hours ago, polosim said:

Understandable, but remember, this is the scenery for default, a highly detailed airport will be work for third party developers.

That is true. I know the scenery is meant to be default, and for default scenery, it does look spot on to real life. I mean they even got the runway platform, which is a major plus for me.

Edited by JSilva
Formatting
  • Like 3

Júnior Silva

18 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Exactly... Get some perspective my goodness.

Are you talking about me? Because I replied to the post you quoted, clarifing what I meant. I feel some people are getting the wrong idea of what I meant. I'm not trying to bring Asobo down, and I never said Asobo ruined the scenery for me. I only pointed out what I thought looked off from real life. I admit I could've worded better and I apologize if anyone got the idea I'm making a big deal about minor things about an airport. Though I admit I am nitpicking on my original post, I do recognize that as a default airport, this is miles better than FSX.

Edited by JSilva
  • Like 2

Júnior Silva

3 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

3/ Clouds : Strange pillars (I count five of them) in Woodedcoot pic.

Are they not just rising from big rain/storm clouds below ?  I aint no meteorologist but they look similar, kind of

Photos (10) – View of storm from above the clouds | WeatherWatch ...

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, JSilva said:

Are you talking about me? Because I replied to the post you quoted, clarifing what I meant. I feel some people are getting the wrong idea of what I meant. I'm not trying to bring Asobo down, and I never said Asobo ruined the scenery for me. I only pointed out what I thought looked off from real life. I admit I could've worded better and I apologize if anyone got the idea I'm complaining about minor things about an airport. Though I admit I am nitpicking on my original post, I do recognize that as a default airport, this is miles better than FSX.

Yep, just seen your reply an thats fair enough. Like you say I think it was just the wording seemed hyper critical but you’ve explained and I get your point.

Edited by Carts85

9 minutes ago, Carts85 said:

Yep, just seen an thats fair enough. Like you say I think it was just the wording seemed hyper critical but you’ve explained and I get your point.

Yeah. Glad you understand. Again I apologize for poor wording on my part on the earlier post. I can see why it was too critical, and I could've balanced it out better to avoid this problem. BTW, I did see the change log again, and saw something about surface types on runways. So hopefully Madeira would look even better. Again, they did get most things right such as runway platform, airport building, and surrounding terrain, which I'm happy about.

Edited by JSilva

Júnior Silva

9 minutes ago, JSilva said:

Yeah. Glad you understand. Again I apologize for poor wording on my part on the earlier post. I can see why it was too critical, and I could've balanced it out better to avoid this problem. BTW, I did see the change log again, and saw something about surface types on runways. So hopefully Madeira would look even better. Again, they did get most things right such as runway platform, airport building, and surrounding terrain, which I'm happy about.

No problem at all...I missed that, good point. I think with such an iconic airport like Madeira there will be that extra bit of love and care put into it. I believe Asobo highlighted 80 airports that would get the very highest VIP treatment, maybe Madeira is on that list possibly who knows.. But worst case am sure a third party dev will come in an do a great job of it if there’s inaccuracies.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carts85 said:

No problem at all...I missed that, good point. I think with such an iconic airport like Madeira there will be that extra bit of love and care put into it. I believe Asobo highlighted 80 airports that would get the very highest VIP treatment, maybe Madeira is on that list possibly who knows.. But worst case am sure a third party dev will come in an do a great job of it if there’s inaccuracies.

Yeah. Plus, I am from Madeira, so that's why I brought some attention to it. I do hope LPMA is on the list of highly detailed airports, not just because I'm from Madeira, but this is one of the most infamous airports for both being the runway platform and for being a difficult airport to land on (more so in the 90s).

Edited by JSilva
  • Like 1

Júnior Silva

Amazing screenshots! 

Sadly no invite for me I don't think I'll get it at all because of my old o.c. cpu. 😞 Still can't stop checking anh hoping though.

No no no!!! Trees are too undulated!!! Runways are too tall!!!

• Like 3

"The problem with quotes on the Internet is that it is hard to verify their authenticity." [Abraham Lincoln]

1 hour ago, Murmur said:

No no no!!! Trees are too undulated!!! Runways are too tall!!!

this could result in millions of virtual pilots to be laid off until the problem is fixed . 😂 ...  as far as the size of the trees goes im sure Asobo will probably deploy a large contracted group of virtual landscapers to fix that problem too . fingers crossed . 

Image removed as image is no longer available.

2 minutes ago, modano said:

Goodbye prepar3d.

It was goodbye P3D / X-Plane several months ago. 

Every developer known to man will gladly 'jump ship'  to MSFS2020. And why wouldn't you. 

• Like 1

I completely forgot about the update this week, just checked my gmail... no invite 😞

Checked my outlook, no invite 😞

Checked my outlook junk folder, INVITE 🙂

there goes the weekend 

Edited by Superdelphinus
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

This update is better than previous, as usually 🙂 Pictures are superb, but I have one comment. I notice on all pictures, that concrete grain looks too coarse on every runways and aprons surface. In real life concrete's surfaces are much finer and smoother.